Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Time for Hughton to Depart

Sorry to be so negative but Hooper was not played from the start although we were told he was fit and, after being 2-0 down at half time no changes. Then when the changes came to me it didnt make sense, still no Hooper. I dont see us getting any better under Chris Hughton whether you like it or not we need another Lambert !!!!!!!!!!! Thats my opinion if Iam wrong prove it?

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Sorry to be so negative but Hooper was not played from the start although we were told he was fit and, after being 2-0 down at half time no changes. Then when the changes came to me it didnt make sense, still no Hooper. I dont see us getting any better under Chris Hughton whether you like it or not we need another Lambert !!!!!!!!!!! Thats my opinion if Iam wrong prove it?[/quote]we are 13th.... we finished Higher last season that Pual Lambert has EVER finished in the premier league.. I also point out its our 2nd highest ever premier league finish....so.. why should Hughton depart after a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the land?

Personally I have never been a CH fan. I just do not think he is a good manager with the right tactics for the PL.

I think there is only one Lambert - he has gone we need to move on. CH might manage to keep us in the PL for another season but just can''t see it lasting too long, his one plan fits all is slowly becoming unstuck.

We need a good performance against Villa, but that is going to be a tough game. I look forward to CH and his vast array of excuses for today''s result, he must start thinking them up once we go a goal down!

I would not miss him if he left ....

Remember what happened to Charlton when their fans got ''fed up'' of mid table?

Sacked Curbishley and got relegated.

Remember what happened to Wolves when they got fed up with drab away performances?

Sacked McCarthy and got relegated.

We have been spoilt for the last 4 years, time to settle down at mid table premiership level, it''ll take years and billions before we realistically look much further than that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we are 13th.... we finished Higher last season that Pual Lambert has EVER finished in the premier league.. I also point out its our 2nd highest ever premier league finish....so.. why should Hughton depart after a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the land?[/quote]I don''t want Hughton out, but seriously, how many times are you and other people going to mischaracterise peoples arguments? Its not about results, its about performances and style of play.Has anyone ever said "I am unhappy with the overall results of Chris Hughton''s reign" ? I''ve never seen it said so it would be nice if people stopped arguing against something they''ve just made up.

were you there? It was dreadful, like our priority away from home is to minimise how many goals we lose by.

No heart, no guile, no effort, no courage, no quality, no plan b....

no thanks chris.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-09-14 9:22

we are 13th.... we finished Higher last season that Pual Lambert has EVER finished in the premier league.. I also point out its our 2nd highest ever premier league finish....

so.. why should Hughton depart after a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the land?

1) last season is history. We were lucky.

2) We are 13th after 4 games.

3) we have spent 12m+ on TWO strikers

4) we have scored 2 league goals

5) if such form is not arrested we will be relegation material no doubt.

6) Hughton has an absolutely abysmal win ratio, connected purely to his ineptness as a coach tactically.

This forum has become a joke. We lose and so many seem to panic and get into the depths of despair. We win and those same posters are nowhere to be seen.It''s football not life or death.

I don''t want Hughton Out.
I hope he realises he has to take a few more chances in this league and make substitutions a bit earlier than what he does.
With a little bit more attacking intent Hughton could be fantastic.
At the end of the day, with Hughton, i feel safe that we wont lose many at home.
Unfortunately, away from home, he has to re-think things a bit.

....... and didn''t Lambert do well today!!!!  Wake up! Tottenham are in good form, its too early for all this panic.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]we are 13th.... we finished Higher last season that Pual Lambert has EVER finished in the premier league.. I also point out its our 2nd highest ever premier league finish....so.. why should Hughton depart after a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the land?[/quote]I don''t want Hughton out, but seriously, how many times are you and other people going to mischaracterise peoples arguments? Its not about results, its about performances and style of play.Has anyone ever said "I am unhappy with the overall results of Chris Hughton''s reign" ? I''ve never seen it said so it would be nice if people stopped arguing against something they''ve just made up.[/quote]Just bookmarking for if we''re relegated."Chin up boys. We might have been relegated, but we played pretty football. And that''s what really matters"

[quote user="City 2nd"]jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-09-14 9:22

we are 13th.... we finished Higher last season that Pual Lambert has EVER finished in the premier league.. I also point out its our 2nd highest ever premier league finish....

so.. why should Hughton depart after a 2-0 defeat to one of the best teams in the land?

6) Hughton has an absolutely abysmal win ratio, connected purely to his ineptness as a coach tactically.[/quote]2 (Against Everton) + 1 (Against Southampton) =

Come on, I''m sure you can do it!

[quote user="City 2nd"]jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-09-14 9:22

6) Hughton has an absolutely abysmal win ratio, connected purely to his ineptness as a coach tactically.[/quote]1) No we weren''t. We setup hard to beat and got the results we deserved2) Yes. Yes we are. Excellent facts. Well done you!3) Yes, we did. However we played away from home against a team who had 100m to spend of a variety of players in varying positions due to the sale of Bale.4) We scored 2 league goals in our first game. Since then, we''ve gone on to score another. Not so excellent fact this time tiger. Must try harder.5) Away form is a concern. Our home form has yielded 4 points out of 6. No concern there now, is there doom monger?6) He has the same win ratio in the PL as Lambert did with us. Is he "technically inept" as well.I look forward to your input after out next loss. I assume you won''t be round here agin ''til then, so....See you in a few weeks.

Point missed, ghost.

When inevitable relegation happens, it will be even worse if we go down looking like we did today.

Football is entertainment. Today was not entertaining even for Spurs fans. No competition. Boring.

I am a Norwich City fan and I will be whatever happens. I don''t always agree with Hughton''s choices but I don''t want him out. It doesn''t make sense! Spurs were class today and we did not have any answers to their quality. Wake up folks, we didn''t have 125 million to spend like them

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Point missed, ghost.

When inevitable relegation happens, it will be even worse if we go down looking like we did today.

Football is entertainment. Today was not entertaining even for Spurs fans. No competition. Boring.[/quote]You wanna bet! My mate who is a Spurs fan was highly delighted.

Javier''s Deaf Translator: prove your opinion is wrong? oh wait, it''s not a fact. so that''s an idiotic statement to make.

we lost to a team that spent over 100m this summer? oh no! the end is neigh''Don''t worry JDT; just a load of moaning whinnies

If we are always going to blame the other team for having more money as to why we lose then we might as well give up now, they also have then a better manager than us then ??? money does help but should not always be used as an excuse. We have a decent team but unfortunately it has no bite and that can not always be put down to the players. They need inspiring as well and Hughton is not the right man to do it. Thats only my opinion and I stick to it. Hes in my opinion too much of Mr nice guy.

6) Hughton has an absolutely abysmal win ratio, connected purely to his ineptness as a coach tactically.[/quote]

1) You could flip this and say that we were vastly unlucky last season and without major decisions going against us we could have ended up higher.

2) 1 Draw against a team that just beat Chelsea, 1 loss to a debatable decision going against us plus it is difficult to score against 10 men who are 1-0 up as they go into siege mentality.

3) We have spent the money on players that we needed. If we hadn''t signed Hooper (assuming RvW was on his way), Ricky probably would have ended up like Hart - not playing his best due to lack of any competition.

4) I''m pretty sure we''ve scored 3 (Whittaker + RvW against Everton and Redmond against Southampton).

5) What poor form? As you say last season is history so we started a blank slate which now has 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses - one of which is against a team who we would have seen anything of 1+ points as a bonus.

6) As someone else said, he''s got the same win ratio as Lambert plus he guided us to a place higher than Lambert did as well as doing better than Villa.

At the moment I am happy with Hughton, he''s much better tactically than someone like Ian Holloway or Paolo Di Canio who just like to attack and hope the defence can fend for themselves plus his transfer dealings have hardly been poor (only the Becchio - at the moment - and Butterfield deals have been poor and the rumours say that they were done to get rid of Morison and by Lambert respectively).

Well, I for one was entertained.

I want NCFC pitting themselves against the best, not playing the blind school every week (though I imagine an American would love it).

Spurs were thrilling. We tried, really tried to do some neat passing out of defence, but they pressed & harried us so hard, it was impossible. Then, when they regained possession, some of their skill on the ball was outrageous.

I kept hoping they''d run out of steam, but the buggers didn''t (well not until about 80 minutes anyway).

No shame in losing to a team like Spurs today - & I think players like Fer & RVW will learn from it.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Point missed, ghost.

Football is entertainment. Today was not entertaining even for Spurs fans. No competition. Boring.[/quote]Sorry? I missed the point did I?I think I missed the point, because no one in the quote I was responding to made the point about football being an entertainment business. You made that point, not the poster I was responding to.However, seeing as though you brought it up, I will address your point.If you want to be entertained by great free flowing aggressive and attacking football played by Norwich City, then you will get it from time to time from us this season. However to rock up / tune in to a game when we play Spurs away (or any other of the big hitters away) expecting us to play like that is pure naivety. We will not be ''entertaining'' to watch in those games in the classical sense. It might be exciting if we can soak up pressure and then force a goal. But that might not be the entertainment you''re looking for. If that''s the case, go follow Barcelona.Did we have negative tactics against Spurs yesterday? For me, no. We set up in 4-4-1-1 with 2 guys up front. We let spurs have the bulk of possession, and then looks to exploit them when we got the ball. That''s not negative. In fact, Jose Mourinho has made a great managerial career winning quite a few trophy''s in many countries playing away from home in a very similar way (except usually in a 4-5-1). When Chelsea visits White Hart Lane this year, I bet they play very similar to that. They will let Spurs have the majority of possession, and then hit them. Chelsea will probably have the quality in the midfield to make a better fist of it than we did yesterday though.The problem with this game plan yesterday was our midfield was poor, and Spurs completely bossed that part of the pitch. Spurs closed down our possession brilliantly and did not allow Fer and Johnson any space. Want to blame anyone for you not being entertained? Blame our midfield for not having the quality to string 3 passes together, not the manager who set them up.

I had a long chat with my friend who went to the game yesterday, he is normally a very positive person, he was genuinely gutted at our performance, really upset by it, he felt that we had no fight, and it was a very poor performance. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask themselves whether the 3000 that paid a lot of dosh to support them deserved more.....