Time For Lineup Changes Vs Villa

Vs Villa

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Johnson Fer

Pilkington Hoolahan Redmond

RVW

Bunn Whittaker Turner Howson Snodgrass Elmander Hooper

For me Garrido is to slow and offers not a lot going forward apart from decent crosses if he does get forward enough which is not often. So that being said I would bring Olsson in and drop Snoddy.
Ruddy
Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson
Johnson Fer
Redmond Elmander Pilkington
RVW
Bunn Martin Garrido Howson Tettey Snodgrass Hooper.

Ruddy

Whittaker

Turner

Bassong

Garrido

Fer

Howson

Pilky

Redmond

Hooper

Rvw

We had nobody control possession villa have the lowest possession stats of any team and rely on counter attack football. We need someone to grab the ball, Howson is needed to step up. Johnson was a bull in a china shop yesterday with no effect.

I think hooper off rvw would be ideal lets get him in the team and get this starting forward group a go

Do I think changes will happen, maybe not... But something new would be worth it.

Garrido would get ripped against agbonlahor and i think martin would be better up against pace (weimann) than whittaker. remember whittaker up against rodwell. only 1 winner.

Is RvW looking a bit jaded/dispirited? If so there are alternatives to him up front. Hooper can play there if fully match fit. So can Elmander. Who (I''m repeating myself from elsewhere but...) really isn''t suited to that link role. The trouble is that Hughton seems to have lost faith in Hoolahan, who wasn''t even on the bench yesterday.

RuddyWhittaker Turner Bassong OlssonRedmond  Johnson Fer Pilkington                  Hooper                Wolfswinkel                     Would personally love to see something like thisWith Fer and Johnson playing like they did vs SouthamptonRedmond can play on either wing and would like to see him given the spot over Snodgrass, with Pilkington brought in on the Left supplied by Olsson.

GK: Ruddy

RB: WhittakerCB: Turner, BassongLB: Olsson

CM: Fer, JohnsonRM: PilkingtonLM: RedmondAM: Elmander

CF: Hooper

Snodgrass simply has to be dropped, he has been terrible this season. Pilkington to play on the right and Redmond on the left, possibly switching to mix things up with Pilks on set piece duty. Johnson has looked woeful away from home but at CR he has been decent, especially against Southampton, so I''d give him another chance in the team. Garrido has been OK but not brilliant, and Olsson is pacy so would be better to deal with a quick Villa attack. RVW looks a little short on confidence and Hooper will be raring to go, so swapping those two might be worth a go. The problem is Elmander in the hole. As much as I am a fan of Wes, he really doesn''t seem to be able to deliver the goods these days, so even though he hasn''t set the world alight so far I''d be tempted to stick with Elmander.

As much as i like Johnson, i think he needs to be replaced by Tettey or Howson. 
Olsson is a no brainer to me, Garrido hasn''t been awful, i would just prefer to see Olsson''s pace at the back.
Snodgrass has me in two minds, his form has not been good but on his day he is our best attacking player. Pilkington also has a reputation for being much more effective at home, so Villa could be a good game for him.
RVW needs to show he offers more than sitting on the last man waiting for a through ball, I cannot remember the last time i saw a NCFC midfielder thread a defence splitting through ball to a forward. I think Hooper will offer us more energy and more hustle and bustle, would like to see him get his debut at some point before the 80th minute.

the first line up by the OP is pretty much what i would go for however the line up must be given the freedom to express themselves on the ball rather than just defend for 90 mins

Tettey or Howson have to come for Johnno for me, his form hasn''t been good at the start of the season, needs a change there.

Would also like to see Pilks left and Redmond right. Snodgrass has been poor so far

Would keep the defence the same

I don''t think it''s just Hughton who has lost faith in Wes. He''s not mentioned in any of these suggestions. He''s probably still our best option to make something happen in the final third. My worry is that he cannot play in Hughton''s preferred system. But nobody bar Purple and I seem bothered anyway[;)]

Nigel,That''s an important point you raise. We have a system where many of our players dont fit in. This suggests that we either need to switch the system to optimise the players we have or ship out a lod of players and then let the manager bring in players better suited to his system. Oh, hang on a minute.....Apart from Ruddy and BJ, the first 11 yesterday were all CH signings.

Our problems yest were in central mid again - du to a mixture of poor performances from ALL the players there but also being outnumbered. Villa play a 4-3-3 so we will need the midfield 5 to cover back again next week - but support when attacking with much more energy and higher up the pitch.

Fer was a shadow of the player against soton - but showed enough in that match to get another start - although the first goal yest was about him, bj whittaker and snodders not defending the two midfielders coming in that right flank.

BJ simply is not enough of a barrier to play that role - too few tackles or interceptions and simply not involved enough for a central midfielder - the ball moved about him far to easily yest. even if his passing (mainly short now) is improving. Tettey involvement in his time on the pitch outshone BJ again and so deserves a start alongside Fer for me

Snodgrass remains a quality player but has looked off form, not defending so effectively and lacking penetration when attacking - too many poor balls in. so I would make a change there, bringing Pilks in

Redderz remains a threat when attacking but is leaving the left back slot exposed - both goals were a defensive nightmare yest esp from midfield and redderz not covering coutinho when garrido covered soldado was a prime example. Still only worth a half then tires He deserves to start again but I would move him to the right to allow the successful pilks garrido partnership to continue. Snoddy on for him in the second half.

Elmander - lost the ball a lot yesterday but did not drop back enough to support the defensive duties as wes does. plenty of positives but did tire. Would probably start again for me against villa but wes is the go to player for me.

RvW worked hard yesterday and movement remains so strong even if we cant find him - we will eventually and he deserves to keep his place.

At the back I thought we were ok - although whittaker lost the goal scorer twice yesterday and just highlights his defensive shortcoming. Probably just did enough to remain unchanged - our defensive problems were midfield not back four related. Martin being recalled would be a much stronger option if snodgrass keeps his place - they work more effectively together than whittaker and snoddy.

So for me

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Redderz Fer Tettey Pilks

Elmander

RvW

Subs

Bunn, Martin, Hooper, Snodgrass, Howson, Wessi, Olsson

i would agree with ZLF but start with Olsson (marginal) & Wes. Might have to swap Wes early for Howson if he''s not getting into it though.

Wes remains our most creative player.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nigel,That''s an important point you raise. We have a system where many of our players dont fit in. This suggests that we either need to switch the system to optimise the players we have or ship out a lod of players and then let the manager bring in players better suited to his system. Oh, hang on a minute.....Apart from Ruddy and BJ, the first 11 yesterday were all CH signings.[/quote]

That might suggest that to you however it doesn''t to me. I fully expect us to go through this season playing the same system with the same players the manager brought in to play it. We will hopefully improve a bit but I don''t see it panning out much differently to last season. We''ve played 4 games this season and failed in one which was Hull. So we are probably 1/2 points behind where even optomistic fans expected us to be. However changing the system/manager/players could see us relegated. If it was to be changed then last May was the time to do it.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Tettey Fer Pilkington

Elamander

RvW

I prefer Whittaker as an attacking LB but with Redmond in front Martin should come back, Tettey is the best partner for Fer from what I have seen and Olsson and Pilkington should work well together on the left side.