Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Did anyone else think 'red card' ?

Sorry if there is another mention somewhere, I couldn''t find it, but surely their keeper should have gone!

A deliberate handball outside the area is a red card, is it not? If it wasn''t outside, no free kick. If it was outside, Red card. There is no yellow card alternative. It''s either free kick and red or no free kick. Simples, no? Am I wrong? Maybe a ref on here could tell me. I mean, didn''t Bunn get sent off for the exact same thing? Big club, no bottle methinks.

On MOTD they compared the incident with Bunn''sShearer said that because we didn''t have a clear goalscoring opportunity it was only a yellowI have no idea whether that''s an actual rule or just Shearer being Shearer though.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Deffo NOT a red card for me. The ref called it right with a yellow.[/quote]

Reggie, sorry I should''ve put the question differently. I want to know if it SHOULD ( by the letter of the law) have been a red card. I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that a deliberate handball by the keeper should be Red. I didn''t watch MOTD as I''d already seen the game and Shearers ''opinion'' doesn''t mean much to me. If Bunn''s was red then surely that was red.

To answer your question, a deliberate handball by the goalie outside his area is not a straight red. It is only a red if he prevents a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

heat of the moment we wanted red. On reflection it wasn''t as Pricey said! But sometimes it''s difficult to judge a goalscoring opportunity. It seems the ref in the Arsenal game didn''t recognise one even when he saw the goal scored....

I dont think Lloris should have gone. I dont think his yellow was the injustice, I think Bunns red was the injustice. Lloris deliberately handled the ball. Bunn had the ball fired into his underarm/chest/elbow, which to me was not deliberate, and very debatable as handball in the first place.