Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

We must try and sign...

Ryan Taylor of Tranmere...superb right back, can use either foot, takes great set pieces, would be within range should Tranmere not go up.

I''ve also seen Sheffield United in for Paul Ifill, a player I suggested we sign some time ago...and the price is just 900k; I''ll be disappointed if we aren''t in the running for him especially at such a low price for a great talent.

Another point is that we should definitely keep McVeigh at the club as long as possible to use as a sweetner for any potential deal for a good Championship/League 1 player we may try to sign. Whether McVeigh would want to go to that club is another issue, but it could help clinch any possible deal.

With 5 players leaving the club for definite and potentially a few others going too, I''m a little anxious at the squad depth, even more so considering I can''t envisage us spending a good amount of cash in the coming months to reinforce our team.

We shall see

Agreed. I know it was only against Hartlepool but he did look great coming forward - looks better as a right winger than a right-back but useful to have someone who can play in both positions.

Certainly on the evidence of that one game he looks like quality going forward but was not tested defensively.  Of course it is time for the annual right back hunt so he must be in the frame.

August 64

He certainly looked impressive and appears to know how to deliver a quality dead ball.

Go on worthy - give him/tranmere a call

OTBC

[quote]Ifill is always crocked, decent player though when fit.[/quote]

Yes, this is my only worry with signing Ifill too, but I''m sure a contract could be worked out that would be beneficial to both parties in the sense that a Ifill gets a basic wage, then he would recieve a bonus each time he plays.

Taylor is the one though definitely; superb player, long throw too which is something that is always useful to have in your arsenal.