Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Just had a villa fan on Stan Collymore's phone in...

THIS IS TRUE I PROMISE.

He was complaining about Lambert''s tactics, particularly at home.

Apparently all they do is sit back really deep and try to hit teams on the break. He is happy with that, but hates them using the same tactics at home - too defensive and said that Lambert needs to develop a plan B - needs to vary his tactics.

He also complained that when they brought on Kozak, their new striker, they took off a midfielder and went to 4-4-2, meaning that they never got hold of the ball and didn''t give their front two any service.

Conclusion?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Just imagine if we lost 3 in a row now, Mr Chops and Lincoln would have a field day[/quote]Those 3 points from Southampton saved this forum.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]But Paul Lambert is the messiah!!! what do Villa know???it''s not like we have a better manager now is it![/quote]

He''s not the messiah! He''s a very naughty boy...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]But Paul Lambert is the messiah!!! what do Villa know???it''s not like we have a better manager now is it![/quote]

I''m not interested in merely comparing Hughton to Lambert.

I do know that I am sick of watching us away from home now.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]But Paul Lambert is the messiah!!! what do Villa know???it''s not like we have a better manager now is it![/quote]

I''m not interested in merely comparing Hughton to Lambert.

I do know that I am sick of watching us away from home now. [/quote]buy a season ticket then :)

hardly!so you cant complain with the fact we are unbeaten at home and look like we could have anyone!why moan about the aways?

Off topic but Villa appear to be stuttering after that good win against arsenal.... If we beat them that would be 4 in a row, might see a few more villa fans on lamberts case then!

[quote user="birchfest"]Off topic but Villa appear to be stuttering after that good win against arsenal.... If we beat them that would be 4 in a row, might see a few more villa fans on lamberts case then![/quote]Completely agree, thought they looked good against the big sides so I''m more than a little surprised they lost at home v Newcastle, so could be a great opportunity to inflict a 4th straight defeat on them!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]hardly!so you cant complain with the fact we are unbeaten at home and look like we could have anyone!why moan about the aways?[/quote]

I''m just sick and tired of watching us away from home and not seeing us pose any credible threat.

I''m not Hughton out by any means.... just wish he''d change our approach away from home.

RvW - I don''t think that it has anything to do with the approach, if you don''t pass the ball properly, the tactics don''t matter - although 5 in the middle might help?

I went to Hull and watched on a stream yesterday. At Hull we played well for the first 10 minutes and were certainly attacking but then we started giving the ball away and lost all momentum. Then we went behind, they had a player sent off and sat with everyone behind the ball. We didn''t have the guile to break them down. Yesterday, we were simply outclassed.