Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Henderson for next year!

Now I may be setting myself up for a barrage of abuse here but...

Let''s Not Forget Hendo!

I know he''s been getting some stick, but let''s not forget last season''s stint on the right wing, starting with his game changing substitute appearance at Walsall.  Let''s also not forget his two excellent strikes against Milwall which led to the Barclay chanting his name.

I think Hendo could replicate a lot of this form next year, he''s a year older, wiser and stronger.

OK, begin condemnation.... NOW!

Why not. Jarvis and Henderson should be given an opportunity dependent on who we bring in. I''d certainly have no qualms bringing either on as a sub for the first few games. They''re young, hungry and out to impress. If they make a solid impression on their first few appearances, and they warrant a starting place - So be it. Same goes for Danny Crow. They''ve had additional lower league experience to toughen them up for the rigours of the 1st Division.

With our parachute payment and additional £500,000 for not finishing last (thank God!), we are in a strong position to sign quality players. The only problem is, who will we sign. Sidwell, Jagielka and Gabbidon will go to the Premiership. We don''t want a host of journey men. Personally, i''d definately go for Derek Riordan of Hibs. However, it''s defenders we are crying out for. The big question is who will want to move down? I think loan signings could hold the key again.

Sidwell, Jagielka and Gaddidon would be nice though.

Actually i feel along the same lines. Next season will be one of opportunities for the young players and i hope they take it with open arms and show us what they are all about. After all, most of them are one year older and have more experiance then their last proper run out for the club.

[quote]Now I may be setting myself up for a barrage of abuse here but... Let''s Not Forget Hendo! I know he''s been getting some stick, but let''s not forget last season''s stint on the right wing, starting wi...[/quote]

No way. I am afraid i have not seen anything from Hendo to convince me that he will make it.

I totally agree with you Splendid Rush, he gained some stick when we were in Division 1 and since he has been working extremely hard throughout this season. If any of you read Ian Roberts'' book, he described how he was close to tears as he was jeered every time he had the ball. How does that help a player''s confidence? If and when he gets the chance the season coming, he will prove the people who question him wrong.

Matthew Halliday.

Just out of interest don’t suppose you’re the Matthew Halliday who plays for our academy? On Henderson the bloke has had a chance and was proved to be not good enough on numerous occasions. I agree that the crowd’s reaction is not helpful but ultimately crowd’s get frustrated so it’s only natural. Besides y should football players be except from criticism, in the real world when someone screws up they know about it.

Henderson supplying the bullets for Coote at Dereham !!! Although I would like to apologise to laceName>DerehamlaceName> laceType>TownlaceType> because having played them b4 they have an excellent set up and deserve better than to be associated with the likes of Henderson!!!

I must say that Hendo has not done a great deal to get the crowd off his back, but then again, he hasn''t been played in his best position has he? It''s understandable that the crowd jeer him, but its definitely out of order and it definitely doesn''t help the team. You might say that we all get to hear about it if we don''t perform at work, but I don''t expect my workmates to cheer sarcastically every time I do something right, or slag me off whenever I walk past their desks.Not having seen many England youth games, I suppose that he must be fairly decent as an attacker because he keeps getting picked. So how about laying off him durind the games and jeering him afterwards if he''s crap.

Yes he would get my vote because he has shown he can score given the chance and allowed to play in the right position.  At his age he has to be a better prospect than the flying gazelle Svenson.