Sign in to follow this  
unique

Total Annihilation at the Lane....

Nevermind the scoreline....ignore the possession stats...that was one-way traffic.

So much for Spurs ''bedding in'' their new recruits...Lloris won''t get an easier game for the rest of the season.

If we don''t quicklylearn to keep the ball with more precision/determination/guile, or anything else you''d like to call it, then this season will be a damn sight more difficult than the last two.

sorry, i thought Spurs were a top 4 side and we were a mid table team...Looks like it went the way i should to me.. but then our fans won''t take anything less than Champions this season will they?

To be honest we handed Spurs 3 points on a plate. They maybe a so called top 4 team but we were crap. If we played at our best we would of won that game. Spurs were not that great, we were just awful. Im glad we were not playing a top team we would of got hammered. Cant believe it was only 2-0.

[quote user="Frying Pan Eyes"]To be honest we handed Spurs 3 points on a plate. They maybe a so called top 4 team but we were crap. If we played at our best we would of won that game. Spurs were not that great, we were just awful. Im glad we were not playing a top team we would of got hammered. Cant believe it was only 2-0.[/quote]Really ?Yes we were awful but no way would we have beaten Spurs today even at our best. They looked such a well balanced side and you''d never have guessed that they''ve just sold their best player for £85m.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought Spurs were a top 4 side and we were a mid table team...Looks like it went the way i should to me.. but then our fans won''t take anything less than Champions this season will they?[/quote]
Nope, you''re just totally missing the point.
People are referring to the performance more than the scoreline or result. Spurs were very good, we''d have had to been at our best and got some luck to get a result. But one shot on target, no pressure on their defense for 90 minutes, is very poor.

[quote user="unique"]Nevermind the scoreline....ignore the possession stats...that was one-way traffic.

So much for Spurs ''bedding in'' their new recruits...Lloris won''t get an easier game for the rest of the season.

If we don''t quicklylearn to keep the ball with more precision/determination/guile, or anything else you''d like to call it, then this season will be a damn sight more difficult than the last two.[/quote]

Spurs were amazing today especially in that first half. I doubt any side in the division could have lived with them today. Unfortunately, people don''t recognise the class they had on display but look instead for faults and mistakes they can pin on our players. If it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it before half time. We are highly unlikely to face such an onslaught again this season.

Somehow we managed to keep the score to 2-0 so it could have been much worse. We move on.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="unique"]Nevermind the scoreline....ignore the possession stats...that was one-way traffic.

If we don''t quicklylearn to keep the ball with more precision/determination/guile, or anything else you''d like to call it, then this season will be a damn sight more difficult than the last two.[/quote]

Spurs were amazing today especially in that first half. I doubt any side in the division could have lived with them today. Unfortunately, people don''t recognise the class they had on display but look instead for faults and mistakes they can pin on our players. If it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it before half time. We are highly unlikely to face such an onslaught again this season.

Somehow we managed to keep the score to 2-0 so it could have been much worse. We move on.

[/quote]best post I have read today Lapps.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="unique"]Nevermind the scoreline....ignore the possession stats...that was one-way traffic.

[/quote]Unfortunately your logic will be wasted on some, Lapp. They have an unrealistic view of our position in this league and every year will be a hard struggle to maintain Premier status. In recent years we have had some decent results at WHL so a 2-0 defeat against a much stronger Spurs side was hardly the disaster that some are painting it.Those born and bred on the success of the last four years are going to be sadly disappointed if they think it will continue forever.

I will stand by this and say we were that poor we made Spurs look like Barcelona. Our midfield was static ( in fact non existent ), we gave the ball away too many times. We had no desire to do anything today. Spurs were good but not great. Very bad day at the office. If Spurs were that great how come it was only 2-0? We looked bottom half championship side today.

[quote user="Frying Pan Eyes"]I will stand by this and say we were that poor we made Spurs look like Barcelona. Our midfield was static ( in fact non existent ), we gave the ball away too many times. We had no desire to do anything today. Spurs were good but not great. Very bad day at the office. If Spurs were that great how come it was only 2-0? We looked bottom half championship side today.[/quote]We didn''t make them look like anything. What they made, they made for themselves by simply being quicker and classier than we were. Against the top teams this can sometimes happen. If you can''t live with the fact that there are a number of teams that are superior to us in this league then you need to find another pass-time rather than following a team like NCFC.

Again, no issue with losing 2-0.
It''s the nature of the defeat.
1 shot on target.
I''ll stick my neck out and say both Palace and Cardiff will have more than that against Spurs at WHL.
We''ve got a top quality striker up front. Why not try and make use of that, even just a little bit?
Again, i don''t mind losing 2-0 to spurs. I don''t mind losing 4-0. What i do mind, however, is watching a game where we never looked like being in it, and having a manager who doesn''t seem to see that - because if he did - he''d have made a change and mixed things up a bit much sooner than he did.

[quote user="hogesar"]Again, no issue with losing 2-0.
1 shot on target.
I''ll stick my neck out and say both Palace and Cardiff will have more than that against Spurs at WHL.
We''ve got a top quality striker up front. Why not try and make use of that, even just a little bit?
Again, i don''t mind losing 2-0 to spurs. I don''t mind losing 4-0. What i do mind, however, is watching a game where we never looked like being in it, and having a manager who doesn''t seem to see that - because if he did - he''d have made a change and mixed things up a bit much sooner than he did.
[/quote]Can only agree with this 100%

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Frying Pan Eyes"]I will stand by this and say we were that poor we made Spurs look like Barcelona. Our midfield was static ( in fact non existent ), we gave the ball away too many times. We had no desire to do anything today. Spurs were good but not great. Very bad day at the office. If Spurs were that great how come it was only 2-0? We looked bottom half championship side today.[/quote]We didn''t make them look like anything. What they made, they made for themselves by simply being quicker and classier than we were. Against the top teams this can sometimes happen. If you can''t live with the fact that there are a number of teams that are superior to us in this league then you need to find another pass-time rather than following a team like NCFC.

[/quote]

I can live with the fact we will get beat fair and square by the top teams. Yes Spurs were better than us today but obviously a lot of people dont see the wider picture of how football is played. The squad we had at the lane today should of given Spurs a good game but no it didnt happen. Yes maybe people could say it was one of those days today but we could of at least tried. Im glad it was only 2-0 could and should of been hell of a lot worse. Anyway we move on to the next game. Bring on the Villa and a very good response from the lads. OTBC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought Spurs were a top 4 side and we were a mid table team...Looks like it went the way i should to me.. but then our fans won''t take anything less than Champions this season will they?[/quote]

Spurs aren''t a top 4 side....just saying

Let''s get things into perspective - Spurs had failed to score a goal in open play in their previous three matches.

They were good...but they were made to look world-beaters because they had such easy possession of the football. The amount of passes from a Norwich City player that failed to find a team-mate bordered on criminal. A trait that has been virulent in City''s games so far this season.

There are very few occasions when Norwich put good passing moves together, and when they do it inevitably ends with Snodgrass losing possession , followed by a theatrical tumble to the ground.........followed by a pained expression.....followed by a nonsensical rant to the referee.........followed by a look that suggests the whole world is against him......followed eventually by a ridiculous attempt at a tackle on an opposing player....followed by a yellow card.

As soon as the first goal went in, it was always, frustratingly, a question of ''how many?'' 2-0 turned out to be a good result.

[quote user="and Smith must score"][quote user="hogesar"]Again, no issue with losing 2-0.

1 shot on target.

[/quote]

Can only agree with this 100%

[/quote]

Same here.

Yes I have to say you can''t get an idea of how good Spurs are from today because we just sat back and let them run the show. Last year at WHL we got at them and didn''t make it easy, this year it will be as easy a home game as they get.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="and Smith must score"][quote user="hogesar"]Again, no issue with losing 2-0.

1 shot on target.

[/quote]

Can only agree with this 100%

[/quote]

Same here.

[/quote]

And me.

I''m with Lapp and Ricardo on this, and really hope that this is the last thread I am tempted to read on today''s game as I am really getting so fedup with these negative threads..............................Why do I read them then?  

And I''m not saying we should expect to go to places like WHL and win. I was much less bothered last year when we lost by more goals at Chelsea for example because at least we had a decent go at them - disappointing but we had a go. But today we just didn''t compete for most of the game.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="and Smith must score"][quote user="hogesar"]Again, no issue with losing 2-0.

1 shot on target.

[/quote]Can only agree with this 100%

[/quote]

Same here.

[/quote]

And me.

[/quote]

Brilliantly Put. WE HAVE SUCH A GREAT TEAM

it really does frustrate me

But ICF this is how we''ve played away from home, with the odd exception, for all of this calendar year. Presumably, this reflects the last vestiges of Lambert''s approach finally being coached out of the team. Hey ho at least Stoke is a cheaper day out that in has been for the last two years.

[quote user="hogesar"]Again, no issue with losing 2-0.
1 shot on target.
[/quote]You''ve summed it up for me Hog [Y]We didnt even look like we wanted to score today- of course we always want to score but there was a lack of urgency and desire to do anything!It was quite funny celebrating the one freekick given to us by the officials in the second half like we''d scored a goal! Cant blame the ref today though..

Hello guys, Spurs fan in peace. Just thought i would sign up and have a chat with some rival supporters (bit bored on nightshift :).....anyway most of you on here are pretty fair in your assesment that we (Spurs) were simply awesome today and i don''t think many teams would of been able to handle us the way we played so i really wouldn''t worry to much about your performance but someone have a word with your member on here ''frying pan eyes" who is coming out with ridiculous statements like "if we were at our best we would of won that game"  and "thank god we didn''t play a top team otherwise the score would of been more"......sorry to break it you pal but you played a top team today and you played a side that will be challenging top 4 and possibly higher. What the hell makes you think you would of beaten us if you played well? We were simply awesome today and should of won by a whole lot more, deal with it. Anyway boys, this was more aimed at him than you guys. I think Norwich will have a decent season under Chrissy so stick by him.

[quote user="Don_tottenham"]Hello guys, Spurs fan in peace. Just thought i would sign up and have a chat with some rival supporters (bit bored on nightshift :).....anyway most of you on here are pretty fair in your assesment that we (Spurs) were simply awesome today and i don''t think many teams would of been able to handle us the way we played so i really wouldn''t worry to much about your performance but someone have a word with your member on here ''frying pan eyes" who is coming out with ridiculous statements like "if we were at our best we would of won that game"  and "thank god we didn''t play a top team otherwise the score would of been more"......sorry to break it you pal but you played a top team today and you played a side that will be challenging top 4 and possibly higher. What the hell makes you think you would of beaten us if you played well? We were simply awesome today and should of won by a whole lot more, deal with it. Anyway boys, this was more aimed at him than you guys. I think Norwich will have a decent season under Chrissy so stick by him.[/quote]

Thanks for that. Spurs fans were good heartened after the game (as I''m sure us Norwich fans had been if we''d trounced someone!).

Your midfield were amazingly good today. Paulinho ran the show and I was very impressed with Townsend as well. (although I didnt notice A.T as much in the second half).

[quote user="Don_tottenham"]Hello guys, Spurs fan in peace. Just thought i would sign up and have a chat with some rival supporters (bit bored on nightshift :).....anyway most of you on here are pretty fair in your assesment that we (Spurs) were simply awesome today and i don''t think many teams would of been able to handle us the way we played so i really wouldn''t worry to much about your performance but someone have a word with your member on here ''frying pan eyes" who is coming out with ridiculous statements like "if we were at our best we would of won that game"  and "thank god we didn''t play a top team otherwise the score would of been more"......sorry to break it you pal but you played a top team today and you played a side that will be challenging top 4 and possibly higher. What the hell makes you think you would of beaten us if you played well? We were simply awesome today and should of won by a whole lot more, deal with it. Anyway boys, this was more aimed at him than you guys. I think Norwich will have a decent season under Chrissy so stick by him.[/quote]A voice of sanity from WHL.Good luck to you Tom, Spurs look very good this year. Thankfully there are quite a few teams who we will pick up points from.