Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Next 5 league games

What do you deem an acceptable points haul?

Villa, Chelsea and Cardiff at home, Arsenal and Stoke away.

Really from that, i''d like 6 points, i don''t care how we get them, but that''s what i''d take, be it wins v Chelsea and Arsenal and drubbings in the rest, or the more predictable wins v Villa and Cardiff and drubbings in the others.

I predict 5 points though, 4 at home and 1 away.

We might scrape a point away at Stoke, beat Cardiff, 7 points I''m guessing something like this:

Villa - W

Chelsea - L

Cardiff - W

Arsenal - L

Stoke - D

I have a bad feeling Villa will beat us again though...

I have a strong feeling that Hughton and his team, won''t be here much longer unless there is a major improvement in our play. I think McNally''s patience is wearing very thin at the moment. There has been no improvement since last season. Our run in at the end of season is terrible, so if we are not well clear of the relegation zone come March, we are down!

If we play rubbish but grind out 2 wins and a draw from the next 5, then surely we''d still be happy?

Imagine:

0-0 west ham

0-5 Chelsea and Arsenal

1-0 Cardiff and Villa

going for the win at home is going to be massive this season.

I don''t think McNally''s patience is ''wearing thin'' in the slightest. If we lost the next 5, then it might be.

And I''m going for 1 point! A draw against Villa, then lose the others.

If anybody was to predict the first 4 games it would be

Everton draw

Hull win

Southampton win

Spurs lose

So we are already 3 points off what most people would of predicted!

Us winning away from home was always a tall order, i hope we''ll nick 3/4 wins on the road this season and a few draws, but realistically, we have to rely on our usually solid home form. This isn''t just us, but all the bottom 13/14 teams best chance.

I had us down for 5 points from the first 4 games. and we''re a point off that. If we can win 8 at home and 4 away, that gives us 36 points and combined with 10 points from 10 draws, we should be fairly comfortable.

I''d say we need 4 points from the next five as an absolute minimum though. Anything more than 7 would be a massive bonus in my book