Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

You know who I real sympathy for...

Away season ticket holders. A lot of people pay a lot of money to go around the country supporting City however we always seeem to lack ideas and enthusiasm away from home now. Of course there are exceptions like Swansea and Man City away. If yesterday had been a one off then sure, fair enough. Not too much to worry about. It''s not even the losing (I almost expected us to lose yesterday), its the manner of the team performance. The problem is that we''ve had so many away performances where we''ve failed to trouble the goalkeeper and to break the home side down. The other thing is that you just know that unless we score first we wont get anything but a beating. I''m not advocating sacking CH or anything like that but the away performances just are not good enough.I cant go to any away games now (thankfully!) until December for one reason or another.It''s the away season ticket holders that are committed to watching us play like we do away from home now. Yesterday was not a one off.

I certainly wouldn''t say I feel sorry for them.  They choose to get up at the crack of dawn and go across the country supporting the side.  They''re adults and can make informed decisions.  If they have enough of our brand of away football, they can always stop going; nobody''s making them.  After last season''s efforts, there are few who would be going to away games this season expecting high velocity counter-attacking football.To be honest, and as this message board evidences, a good heartfelt cathartic whinge - however misguided - can be healthy.  I suspect some of our away contingent like the misery.

They go to support our team because they love the club, and they deserve at least to see a team that''s trying.

why are you feeling sorry for them? they are watching their team playing premiership football consisting of the best players in the world and watching our side develop as a team. I do not feel sorry for them and nor should you. If the team was putting no effort in, then that is understandable, but they are so support the team support the manager who has a good record wherever he has been including us finishing 11th last season and on course to do the same this season. We have a real talent in Leroy Fer, the only problem is finding the right system to keep the stability at the back which we usually have, yet support RVW. I personally cannot wait for hooper to come on.

We are 4 games into the season, we''ve had 2 poor performances, 1 average and 1 pretty good one against Southampton. If it still looks the same in 10 games time I could understand why most people on here seem to want to be so doom and gloom, but we are 4 games into the season....support your team and stop moaning all the time...its bl00dy boring.

"watching our side develop as a team. I do not feel sorry for them and nor should you. If the team was putting no effort in, then that is understandable,"

Falls off chair in laughing fit!

Why feel sympathy for away season ticket holders?The only thing you can guarantee from an away season ticket is that you will see more defeats than victories. Only four teams in all of Premier League history have won more games away from home than they have lost.Have a guess, but we aren''t one of them.

[quote user="Vanwink"]"watching our side develop as a team. I do not feel sorry for them and nor should you. If the team was putting no effort in, then that is understandable,"

Falls off chair in laughing fit![/quote]

You actually fell off you chair? I mean you read something on this forum and what you read actually made you fall off your chair....or perhaps you just think the team isn''t trying?

Sorry I''ve not read many of your posts before but now have real you are a child, I didn''t really fall off my chair,

Do you drink while you post Vanwink? Because frankly not much you say really makes any sense.

[quote user="morty"]Do you drink while you post Vanwink? Because frankly not much you say really makes any sense.[/quote]

that''s because he''s falling off his chair

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="morty"]Do you drink while you post Vanwink? Because frankly not much you say really makes any sense.[/quote]

that''s because he''s falling off his chair[/quote]

Ahhhhh[Y]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Having just read a thread Vanwink has made, you seem to think we should sack hughton...now that is laughable. 11th in the league....... 11th[/quote]

By the grace of 1 point, lose to Villa (likely) and we could be bottom!

Only 10 teams managed more than 4 wins away from home last year, and only 6 managed more than 5, the reality is that to get a win away, you have to be bang on form and hope for a bit of luck to come your way.

Our strengths like Stokes are not pace related and so the counter attacking football that is largely the most successful away from home simply isn''t possible. We do however have the players to muck in and grind out wins at home. That is our strength.

If we could do both, we''d need another £60m of players and then they''d probably leave for bigger clubs anyway.