Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 5

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 5 of the Rays Funds season. This week we have Snake-eyes in charge and making the final selections. This week is the first of three weeks where PUPs are making the final selections for the first time. Personally I love it when this happens. Ray was always one for getting new PUPs to take part and the future of this thread is reliant on new blood. Rays funds is not nor must ever be a closed shop for the few. Snake joined us last season when he picked an impressive 15/22 (68%) winning selections. This season he’s been a victim of the early season form but still has 2/4 and he always tries to give the week’s picker a different option which is always a huge help to the guy making the final selections. We can all help Snake by finding him plenty of good options to choose from. Don’t forget to choose a game from this weekend’s fixtures (Saturday/Sunday) that’s listed on the Bet365 web site.

Now for something new and really exciting. One of our PUPs, who wishes to remain anonymous, is funding a new bet for the season. From this week we will have a £5 bet to be used on the Norwich game. Click on the fixture on the bet365 web site and there’s a whole range of possibilities to bet on. The PUP choosing the bet each weekend can spend the £5 however they like. It can be anything from a simple £5 W/L/D to splitting the stake between correct scores or goal scorers, halftime/fulltime, goal times and so on. It will be their £5 to play with as they like and of course all winnings will go to the CSF. This will be an entirely different rota from the main bet and will initially involve PUPs who won’t be making the final selections this season. This week Stewfil has kindly agreed to be first and is up for the challenge. All us PUPs can make suggestions to him but the final decision is entirely up to Stewfil whether he takes any onboard or goes with his own option. Good luck with whatever you choose Neil. And many thanks to the anonymous PUP who has made this possible.

Now we’d better get on and Rays funds! So Ill hand the thread over to Snake-eyes. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Snake ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]............

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Getting in early with a relatively safe bet

Man Utd vs Crystal Palace home win

After the disastrous no show by the Netherlands last Friday "boo hiss" (though they managed to get their blooming act together last night against Andorra I noticed), I need to get back to winning ways so I’m plumping for the early kick off on Saturday of Man U v Crystal Palace - HOME win please.

The separate £5 bet is simply awesome, and one little flutter I like the look of is Norwich to win 1-0 – currently pays 18/1.

Good luck all, especially Snake Eyes & Stewfil

I''m going to try an away win again.

I''m backing the calm, studious approach of Arsene to plot the downfall of the demented Di Canio.

At 4/6 I think ARSENAL to win at Sunderland is decent value and that''s my pick this week.

With regard to Stewfill and the Fiver (sounds like an Enid Blyton book..) I would suggest a coincidence bet and in honour of Snake Eyes would go for a pair of 1''s.

The 1-1 draw is currently 7/1.

Good luck everyone.

RED STAR BELGRADE V dornji srem home win.

Red star are starting to hit form while the others haven''t won a game yet. The odds aren''t up yet so may have to change a bit later.

Good luck all.

A Sunday offering from Portugal this week

Sporting Braga v Estoril - Home Win

For the £5 bet how about RvW to score anytime and a 1-1 draw available at 25/1.

Best of luck Snake, Stewfil and all you PUPs

I''ve been really poo so far this season so I''m going for a very short odds pick this week, Man Utd to win at home to Crystal Palace.

Best of luck on your first final pick to Snakeeyes and all other PUPs, and to Stewfil too.

Bayern v Hannover - home win, and hopefully my first successful pick of the season!

Rangers to beat Arbroath for me please.

Thanks to whoever it is putting up the £5 for the Norwich games. A brilliant gesture and in the true spirit of the PUPs. Being realistic, I would put it on Spurs to win. I''ve just read that last time Spurs beat City at White Hart Lane, Nathan Redmond was 13 months old, so I think they are due to overturn us. I really hope I''m wrong and I''ll go and sit on the naughty step if I am.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Snake and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for BARCELONA v Sevilla.

As for your bet Stewfil how about Spurs v City a draw at half time and a City win at full time  14/1.

Barcelona v Sevilla home win. I expected Barcelona to be shorter than 2/11.

As for the other bet I like the look of Norwich/draw at 9/5 on the double chance coupon or +1 on the asain handicap at a shade of odds against. I think this is a game we can get something out of.

Good luck all.

Holland for me this week please and I''ll go with....

Ajax....Home win.

Good luck to snake eyes and one and all.

With apologies to our friend GingerPele I''m off to Spain where I expect Atletico Madrid to beat Almeria. Atletico have won all 3 games scoring 10 and conceding 2. Almeria have yet to win and have conceded 7 in their matches against Villa Real, Getafe and Elche.

Atletico Madrid          v          Almeria          Home Win

As for our new bet. I''d tentatively suggest Robert Snodgrass to score anytime at 5/1. The bet is always alive while he''s on the field. However well or poorly we are playing we could always get a free-kick in shooting range.

QPR home win against Birmingham for me please.

For the spurs - norwich match, I''d say a 1-0 win to Spurs is most likely outcome - even if it''s not my preferred outcome.

Good luck all !

Keep them coming guys and girls!

Interesting pick Inchy! Ajax v Zwolle home win!  Zwolle are unbeaten this season with oinly 1 draw.  Ajax have got off to a slow start by their standards.

I admire your faith in Hollands Finest!

I will have my picks ready around 7ish Friday once i get home from work!

As for the 5ver bet I would go for 20/1 on a Norwich 2-1 win.  (I have faith[;)])

Happy Picking PUPs!

On holiday this week so a bit lazy I''m afraid:

BARCELONA HOME WIN

Good Luck Snake and all you Lovely PUPs

As for the Spurs v NCFC Whittaker to score to score at any time just for something different

Sheff Wed should record their first win of the season at home to Yeovil who have only scored once (in their opening game) whilst conceding seven since. Wednesday have scored six.Sheff Wed v Yeovil.......Home win.Good luck snake. [Y]

I think Norwich and Spurs will draw 1-1.

I was gonna go with Man Utd, but thought i''d go for a less obvious choice...My pick this week is MK Dons to win at home against Notts County. Good luck everyone.[:D]