Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

Your genuine first 4 game predictions?

So so so much negativity when in reality have we actually been that bad?

Scored 2 and a point against Everton

Beat soton and kept a clean sheet

Outclassed by a now title challenging spurs side

The only game we would all have down as getting 3 points was against hull and yes we slipped up?

If we had stuck on hooper against spurs we still wouldn''t have got anything so the situation would have been the same as before.

My point being, there''s so much hughton out/awful performances doing the rounds when in reality, 4 points isn''t all that bad considering?

The likes of Sunderland/WBA/palace/villa/Fulham have all looked equally as ''bad'' as us. This league is a lot harder than in previous seasons and it will be a season of ups and downs.

Sacking a manager this far into a season is nothing but a mad decision, considering what he''s already done for us.

The only one I''ve got wrong was Hull where I was expecting a 1-1 draw. We are a point behind my pre-season forecasts.In the next 4 games I have forecast a win, a draw and 2 defeats.And in the next 4, 2 wins a draw and a defeat.I think that makes 15 points after 12 games.

Going on how tough the last few games are going to be I was thinking we needed 10 points from the first 6 games and at least 17 from the first 12 games.

I think we will need the same as last season a minimum of 25 points by the Christmas games.

I am a little dissapointed as I think we are 3 points short of where we should be after the first 4 games. Looking at the teams and results from last year we got 3 points at spurs and 3 points at home from Everton and drew with Southampton. Take away that we should have at least taken a point at Hull we are 4 points down from the same games last seaosn.

its only four games in and people say we are 14th in the league why moan well if you look at it we are 5 points off top and only one point off bottom 3 with only 12 points on offer that''s not a problem but highlights why you cannot lose 3 points to a 10 man hull !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

its only four games in and people say we are 14th in the league why moan well if you look at it we are 5 points off top and only one point off bottom 3[/quote]

good job theres 3 other teams in a worse situation then....

The Everton game was a very good result. I felt it didn''t quite get the credit it deserved. They are a very good side and they''ve got a good manager (even though some people foolishly think/thought Martinez will have them in a relegation battle).

But obviously we were poor at Hull and poor at Tottenham.

Southampton was an odd one because we won and were probably the better team. They rarely threatened us and Fer was excellent in midfield yet there was something unconvincing about our performance. I''m not sure the Elmander/RVW combination looks a good one.

Depends on how many points we get from the next 4 games. In all honesty, I can''t see a nailed on win in the next 4 games & I reckon we''d do well to get 2 draws. So 6 points, or less, from the first 8 games is not what I''d call enough.

I had us drawing at Hull, otherwise exact results so far (including 2 correct scores). I have us beating Villa, drawing at Stoke and losing to Chelsea & Arsenal. 23 points by Christmas, but a good spell Jan/Feb by which time I think we will have settled down. Finishing on 49 points, after losing our last 4 games.

[quote user="sgncfc"]I had us drawing at Hull, otherwise exact results so far (including 2 correct scores). I have us beating Villa, drawing at Stoke and losing to Chelsea & Arsenal. 23 points by Christmas, but a good spell Jan/Feb by which time I think we will have settled down. Finishing on 49 points, after losing our last 4 games.[/quote]hmmm, very very close to my predictions but I have us finishing with a few points less.

yes I do agree the way we play after we were so bad for a lot of last season and we all thought after CH had got in different attacking players things would change so far the tactics and how we set up are the same with the same results ( away from home )

About what I expected. My predictions were;

Shampton draw.

Everton lose.

Hull win.

Spurs lose.

4 points, 4 games.

I think the points are not so much the cause of the recent debate, it the performance / tactics especially at Hull and Spurs.

I read some comments recently that NO team in the Premiership plays with 2 strikers (?)... Most common is a single striker supported by attacking midfielders. So maybe CH tactics are reasonable.

Negatives so far;

Losing at Hull.

Not bringing on Hooper at Spurs. Should have subbed RVW for Hooper in the last 20 minutes at Spurs, if only to assess his impact ready for the Villa game, and to keep the lad believing he has a place here.

Positives;

A point against a very good Everton.

Win against Shampton.

All in all things could be a whole lot worse.

The last thing we need is grumbling support against loud Villa fans.

I thought that we would do better at Hull - a draw or possibly even a win but was worried that we might drop points against Southampton, so pretty much what I expected.