Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Crow - this is MADNESS!!

I thought my son was winding me up about this but obviously not. I wait to hear Worthy''s reasoning behind letting Crow go - it better be damn good because I am ABSOLUTELY FUMING!!!

The boy has some class and a club like Norwich CANNOT let young players like this go. We may as well wind up the Academy now and save the millions of pounds it costs to run. I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, Worthy has NO GENUINE COMMITMENT to developing our own young talent. I honestly believe that the only reason Shackell is now in the team is because Worthy simply ran out of options, the fans were turning up the heat and I think ''someone had a quiet word''.

Hands up those who think that Hendo is a better prospect than Crow? Not many I bet. Still what with old men lumbering around like Holt, Jonson and Fleming the future is set fair. I really do hope that the Crow decision does not set the tone for the summer. If it does Worthy will be on borrowed time from the first kick off in August.

Releasing Crow will not free up much money as he must have been about the least well paid player. He has not had enough of a chance to show his potential. It would have been better to release some of the older players who are past their best and earning a lot more so some cash could be freed up to bring in some new blood. I hope Crow does not become another Paul Hayes, one of a number of Norwich players relased who has since gone on to prove the club wrong.

In the main, I''ve got to agree, although is it JUST Worthy''s decision - there must(?) have been some debate about this. 

At 19, it seems like he''s hardly had the opportunity to prove anything. The only mitigating factor is if he''s had an offer from elsewhere, Northampton say, that gives him a better chance of first-team football.

For the up-and-coming academy player, it doesn''t send out a positive message.  I see Matthew Halliday was on the forum yesterday, it would be interesting to see what his view is.

My reliable source commented that Crow has ''talked himself out of the club''. 

Disappointing as he seemed to have some talent and I am sure some lower league club will pick up a bargain.

OTBC  

I watched quite a few reserve games last season and most of them were poor entertainment.  However Danny Crow did light up many of the matches with his enthusiasm and goal scoring.  I realise we are quite well off for forwards but this lad has talent. We should have tried to loan him out again next season for him to get more experience.  I can see him going to Barnet and joining the other ex NCFC youth players who are doing so well (Dean Sinclair & Damien Batt).  There he will become a star player.

I used to play with Danny and he never really liked Norwich! I don''t think you guys should think before you slam Worthy about it - he may have asked to leave or told the club to shove it.

You do have to look at this from Crow''s point of view too. The lad at the moment is behind Ashton, Leon, Sven, Hucks, Jarvis and probably Hendo in the queue. He''s enjoyed his loan at Northampton and is ready for first team football. If we can''t provide it, he''s prepared to drop down a league or two to get it.

Good luck to him I say

it is total madness, and im not happy with worthys decision.

I think crow was better than hendo, we dont exactly have a big squad, he cant have been costing the club much money, so why do it?

He could have a been a future star

is this one of worthys biggest mistakes?

good management staff will also think of the player, not just the club. he''s a good player with a bright future ahead of him.... however in order to progress and become the player he potentially could be, he needs first team football. we simply cant offer this in the next few years, we already have plenty of strikers, and if we''re promoted again, its likely one or two more will arrive. Its not fair on danny to leave him rotting in the reserves never getting first team action. While he''s kicking his heels round here, he''s never going to progress into a good player, and will ultimatly be of no real use to the club. We could have held on and perhaps got a small transfer fee, but in my opinion worthys right on releasing him on a free. It should be up to him to decide where he wants to go, as he''s still only young. He came from our academy, and it was ncfc that brought him through... if we cant give him the football he needs to progress, then its only fair to help him find a club of his choice.

You can all be as mad as you like about him being released, but im afraid on this one, i can see worthys point of view. how many of you are putting him even on the bench in the lineups you post here? no one! and if another striker arrives if we get promoted, he''s even further down the pecking order, and its not fair on a young player to do this. I''m sure danny understands this, and will be happy to move on, in order to play football, and will be thankfull that our management care enough about the young players to allow them to decide theyre future.

i''d say doing whats best for a young player is far better than making them rot in the reserves or send them somewhere they may not be happy with for the sake of a transfer fee that would barely pay a couple of weeks of hucks wages.

"I hope Crow does not become another Paul Hayes, one of a number of Norwich players relased who has since gone on to prove the club wrong."

How exactly, he''s scored goals in Div 2 which is a big step down in quality. The only youngster we''ve let go in recent times to go on and command a big fee was Akinbiyi and I''m sure the majority of those clubs have since regretted the outlay

[quote]Releasing Crow will not free up much money as he must have been about the least well paid player. He has not had enough of a chance to show his potential. It would have been better to release some of ...[/quote]

Scoring in the old 4th division is not proving the club wrong. I too am surprised at Crows release but if the coaching staff genuinely don''t think he''s got it then why hold on to hiom for the sake of it. It''s not fair on the lad.

Sorry but I don''t think it''s madness it''s the best for both parties he''s 19 older than Jarvis? and is currently behind (Deep Breath) Ashton, Huckerby, Leon, Svensson, Henderson, Jarvis, McVeigh and possibility Doherty. What''s the point of keeping him if he''s going to struggle to get reserve football next season

Letting the boy go make sense because it gives him the chance to play first team football. If it''s a mistake I can''t see Worthy crying over it as Ashton, Leon and Hucks are going to score LOTS of goals next year

Also it''s worth considering he''s five foot nothing and players of that build just aren''t wanted he modern football these days however talented they are..............

Good luck Danny

I had the opportunity to discuss the young Norwich strikers with Jerry Goss last year and his comments were '' if you think Jarvis has potential wait until you see Crow play''.  Seems as though we are not going to see that potential realised in a Canary shirt.  Such a pity because he did look good on the rare occasions we got to see him.