Sign in to follow this  
hardley1

Basic Princples

It would appear that the fact that this an easy sport with simple rules has been forgotten. All that is required is to get the ball in the opponents net.

The use of one lone player in the opponents half of the field for 75% of the match against an opposition of three defenders can hardly be seen as recipe for the successful creation of goals or goal scoring chances.

We have already seen one of the most influential strikers the club has ever had get fed up with chasing lost causes and leaving. One wonders how long it will be before his successors adopt the same attitude.

Being in a position time allows watch every Premier march that is played,, it is evident that teams move freely to and fro up and down supporting each other. City defend so deep and whist there are a number of hard tackling mid fielder their ability to pas the ball accurately seen to be sorely lacking

I wonder what RvW is thinking right now. At present he is clearly ineffective. Is he thinking that he has to change to get himself into the game more, or is he thinking his team-mates have to up their game to get the best out of him. There was an article earlier in the season where he moreorless said he was happy to be patient to let his teammates work out how the utilise his talents. Wonder if he is still thinking like this. Was very heavily criticised for his low number of touches. What do people think? Does he need to adapt his game to be more effective? Or do we accpet that we bought him for certain strengths and that the team needs to move around him?

Rvw is a goal scorer no doubt but we just don''t get the ball to him in the right places, no good him back to goal just over half way line he needs service in the box I can se him getting downhearted if this does not happen soon , I think every team in this league plays 1 up front now its just how you support him and where he gets the ball ......

Well apparently part of the deal in signing the Wolf was to play 2 effective wide players and we''ve been doing that. The intent is obviously there. But it''s early days...

Whittaker provides that option. Ollsen perhaps on the other flank but Garrido''s delivery is probably the best at the club. Not really fluid yet but it is early days....

yep totally agree with that about the fullbacks but I disagree with early days, that is basic should have been worked on last season / pre season and since a new player arrives CH knew that is his style of play and should have the team ready on first day of season , without supply no striker will score and that is a basic principle that CH fails ............ 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well apparently part of the deal in signing the Wolf was to play 2 effective wide players and we''ve been doing that. The intent is obviously there. But it''s early days..

[/quote]

I am sure it was not really part of the deal but perhaps the current problem is we are only playing with one effective wide player and one who is off form?   

Pilks to be brought in while snoddy get back up to form :-)   plenty of time yet and RvWs class will show

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well apparently part of the deal in signing the Wolf was to play 2 effective wide players and we''ve been doing that. The intent is obviously there. But it''s early days..

[/quote]

I am sure it was not really part of the deal but perhaps the current problem is we are only playing with one effective wide player and one who is off form?   

Pilks to be brought in while snoddy get back up to form :-)   plenty of time yet and RvWs class will show

[/quote]

I just posted elsewhere the reasons I would persevere with Snodgrass. He''s getting noticed so gets far more flak than his performances deserve. We have always had this on here. Fans wanted Clingan to get POTS and Fotheringham was not fit to wear the shirt. But Fotheringham was always the one who showed for the ball when things weren''t going well. I''d KTF with Snodgrass for the time being. Bennet''s injured and Pilkington''s better on the left anyway.