Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Elmander The Next Messi

I think Chris Hughton is somewhat confused and since his time at Bolton, Elmander has gone away to be a creative playmaker to unlock some through balls to Ricky Van Lost Puppy.

Our three best attacking players for me are Snodgrass, Pilkington and Redmond and all three need to be given some freedom to attack. The role behind the striker is crying out for someone like Snodgrass with the other two on the flanks. Add Fer and Johnson to sit in front of the defence and we automatically look a lot better.

Elmander - yes great in the cup against poor opposition but he at his age is not ready for a full season in the Premier League. He is not about taking us to the ''next level''.

Also where is Martin Olsson, he should be first choice right-back. Big changes need to be made.

Other than that then maybe Hughton could go 4-3-3 on Saturday with Hooper and Van Lost Puppy up there with someone like Redmond or Pilkington

Here comes a 0-0 we''ve had no shots on target on Saturday.

Snodgrass is way too lightweight to play the number 10 role. That sums up our problem - we didn''t get Toivonen or Quagliarella and we don''t have anyone other than Elmander remotely capable of playing there. Remember that Elmander plays there for Sweden with Ibrahimovic in front of him, so he can''t be that bad at it - RVW doesn''t play in the same way though, so they are still getting used to each other.

Our alternative is to not play with that number 10 role, but use Hooper as a wider option, almost in a 442. I think Hughton will stick with Elmander against Villa, but I can see Hooper being used as a sub and then starting at Stoke to see if that opens us out more away from home.

I agree about Olsson - he is vastly superior to Garrido and I have no idea why he isn''t starting; but then I also prefer to see Martin at right back instead of a defensively suspect Whittaker.

"we didn''t get Toivonen or Quagliarella and we don''t have anyone other than Elmander remotely capable of playing there."

i think we have this little Irish fella that can possibly play there.

The number 10/SS doesnt have to be a lump to hold the ball up/lay it off, we can have a little man to hold on top it and wait for the wingers to join up with him.

Playing 4-4-2 against Spurs was daft. Having Wes there meant we wouldn''t have been so over-run in midfield with their 5.

I don''t think the result would have been too different but I think we''d all be a little more happy with how we were set up.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Snodgrass is way too lightweight to play the number 10 role. That sums up our problem - we didn''t get Toivonen or Quagliarella and we don''t have anyone other than Elmander remotely capable of playing there. Remember that Elmander plays there for Sweden with Ibrahimovic in front of him, so he can''t be that bad at it - RVW doesn''t play in the same way though, so they are still getting used to each other.

Our alternative is to not play with that number 10 role, but use Hooper as a wider option, almost in a 442. I think Hughton will stick with Elmander against Villa, but I can see Hooper being used as a sub and then starting at Stoke to see if that opens us out more away from home.

I agree about Olsson - he is vastly superior to Garrido and I have no idea why he isn''t starting; but then I also prefer to see Martin at right back instead of a defensively suspect Whittaker.

[/quote]

No. Elmander plays up front with Ibrahimovic behind.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I predict a return for Hoolahan. And once again prove people wrong. Still our best option behind the striker. Him and hooper to start sat please.[/quote]

Agreed. He''s the only one who offers something slightly different, and unpredictable.