Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Enough.....

....yes we have all had ENOUGH of this ridiculous over reaction...............let''s now look forward to our next game...a challenging but certainly winnable home match against Aston Villa, which will be another match of a season that....... we WILL lose some more games in, WIN some games in, DRAW some games in....................be lucky in some matches, unlucky in others................play well in some, poor in others and even probably pants in a couple. We are not Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or Manchester City, we are NORWICH CITY, who just a few years ago were stuffed 7-1 at home by Colchester United in the third tier. We are a medium size Premier League Club in just our second season back, having stayed up last season with what was basically a very limited but honest squad. Sure we have spent decent money in the transfer market compared to what we have been used to.........BUT, many clubs in this league had a better squad to start off with yet still spent decent money or much money to strengthen than we did in readiness for the season.............a season that is just 4 GAMES OLD and that has started for many teams very inconsistently..............please ENOUGH of the anti CH poison, its really beginning to get embarrassing and to make this board a pain to read rather than a pleasure..............YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!        

canarywales wrote the following post at 16/09/2013 5:23 PM:

Agree, so many doom n gloom merchants on here with stupid expectations its unreal

This is a Norwich site not a Cardiff one...........Butty!

I am neither anti CH nor blindly loyal. It''s just not that black and white Mark.

It''s not the last 4 games that are producing a reaction. It is the continuation of the containment tactics of last season despite a huge outlay on attacking personnel.

If we aim to play like this in every away game then CH should have spent the money on defenders!

If discussion of tactics and results are not up for debate then why join a football forum?

I do not want CH out but neithet do I want to stifle debate about our dreadful approach to football away from CR.

It''s interesting that even John Ruddy has spoken out today about the need to adopt a more positive style of play given that we have the talent to do more that sit back and defend. Call me old-fashioned but the art of counter-attacking also includes attacking (at the right time). Is that CH fault? Well he is the manager, and the manager of any organisation is ultimately responsible. I could understand if we were capable of going and getting a 0-0, but we are not. Can he turn things around...maybe, but we need to see more of the quality that we undoubtedly have. OTBC.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]I am neither anti CH nor blindly loyal. It''s just not that black and white Mark.

It''s not the last 4 games that are producing a reaction. It is the continuation of the containment tactics of last season despite a huge outlay on attacking personnel.

If we aim to play like this in every away game then CH should have spent the money on defenders!

If discussion of tactics and results are not up for debate then why join a football forum?

I do not want CH out but neithet do I want to stifle debate about our dreadful approach to football away from CR.[/quote]

Totally agree!

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I didn''t see much "debate" when I looked on here Saturday evening...[/quote]There''s nothing much to debate when so many people are convinced that when we win it''s down to the players and when we lose it''s down to CH.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]Lol, I didn''t see much "debate" when I looked on here Saturday evening...[/quote]There''s nothing much to debate when so many people are convinced that when we win it''s down to the players and when we lose it''s down to CH.[/quote]Which is why I gave this place a miss until last night!

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I didn''t see much "debate" when I looked on here Saturday evening...
[/quote]

There is no debating with you.

Its your way or not at all.

"morty"Lol, I didn''t see much "debate" when I looked on here Saturday evening...

Admittedly there was a vast amount of bilge but there was a bit of debate to be had/read. You just had to try and avoid the usual dickheads that come out after a loss.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I didn''t see much "debate" when I looked on here Saturday evening...[/quote]

There is no debating with you.

Its your way or not at all.

[/quote]Yeah, you''re right[Y]

This is a Norwich site not a Cardiff one...........Butty![/quote not from Cardiff, never been there, in Mid Wales due to work and from just ouside Norwich

I know who we are, I know what I expect... I do not expect us up near the top. I expect the bottom third of the table. We have talked about it before, I expect wins against the promoted teams.

anything above 15th in fact 17th is fantastic considering the end of the season looks awful and potentially a run which can drag us in to the relegation battle.

I expect us to be at 100% from day 1, I hate this excuse of time, they practice each and everyday and had about 8-9 games of preseason.

Yes we have villa on Saturday and with changes to the team we will have players who will want to put on a performance, we expect it and we should expect more than 2 shots on target.

Lets not forget Southampton had a clear penalty denied, they hit the post and certainly could feel aggrieved to lose at carrow road. We have seen it to many times, oh it starts here and a performance like last week won''t happen again. Well prove it, we have exceptional talent along those who have come up from the third tier of English football, some of those players are showing they have reached their peak. Hughton has a tough job but if he does not motivate or change a few things our start of the season which needs to be good will not be.

Anyway, getting this thread back on track after the usual suspects have tried to derail yet another reasoned post.......!

Dubai Mark,

Good post and well said - maybe if some people actually read what was said then one could have a reasoned debate - however, therein lies the oxymoron!

Your observation - in your 1st sentence - says it all. Let me re-quote it for those who were unable to get that far.....

"a season that.....we WILL lose some more games in, WIN some games in, DRAW some games in....................be lucky in some matches, unlucky in others................play well in some, poor in others and even probably pants in a couple".

Unfortunately, that quote above is a truism. We will play some scintillating football, we will also probably play some out and out rubbish. As much as we all want the team to always do well, life somehow gets in the way and mucks it up.

As supporters, we do moan and complain when things go wrong, it messes up our weekend for starters! But, because we live in a "blame culture society" people are always looking for someone to be pilloried.

However, as was pointed out, this is our 4th game of the season. Already the HOBNOBS are dusting themselves off and gleefully rubbing their hands together with a sense of anticipation.

Unfortunately, CH was doomed the day he entered the building. Why? Because he wasn''t Scottish, and his name had neither a Paul nor a Lambert in it!

But who knows, maybe this mob are pining for the days of Roeder and Grant!

I get really really jacked off with a load of plastic fans coming on here also rarely go to the games telling other people how to behave and react. Dubai where ever the f@ck next will we get plastics

I really pray we stick it to Villa.  I don''t think I can bare to watch a fist pumping Lambert at Carrow Road again.  Oh how I''d love to see, upon us scoring and again upon us winning, a fist pumping Hughton right in front of Lamburke![Y]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I get really really jacked off with a load of plastic fans coming on here also rarely go to the games telling other people how to behave and react. Dubai where ever the f@ck next will we get plastics[/quote]

Well, at least a plastic fan is a FAN - unlike some on here!

....and since when has somebody come up with the rule that someone who is not "currently living in the City" can no longer be classified as a fan? .......and who made them so self important that they think that they can make up such a rule?

Whether you''re in Dubai, Basingstoke or Sprowston, a Norwich fan is a Norwich fan!