Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

time to drop snodgrass

For me, i''d give him a last chance at home to Villa, his set pieces are still quality and put the pressure on spurs a bit late on.

Agreed though, he''s not been on form. Hopefully he''ll have a more productive game at home to Villa.

If not, time for Pilks and Redmond.

Have to agree he is very ineffective and please stop him taking free kicks I could see he was having an argument with Pilks over who to take a kick outside the box and he just blasted it into the wall yet again..

Needs something to get him back on form.

Pretty much useless today. Didn''t do much against Southampton, and nothing I can remember against Hull. Think I read he had fairly poor performance for Scotland for once as well.

Snoddy is out of form and Johnson looks like he needs to spend another 2 months in pre season training...2 players of a 3 man midfield that failed to get out of the Championship with Leeds.... both need dropping.

A disappointing start to the season, but Redmond certainly looks the more dangerous of the two. Snodgrass needs to just put in a cross rather than keep on either trying to work into the box or draw the foul. Redmond and PIlkington for Villa perhaps.

@jossackland''sspunkybackpacksadly i think youre right

i also think if he is dropped he will have an epic royal pant wetting strop

[quote user="iron_stan"]@jossackland''sspunkybackpacksadly i think youre right

i also think if he is dropped he will have an epic royal pant wetting strop[/quote]and if he does??? there''s better players out there than Robert Snodgrass.. Hughton could well go out and find one in January...

My goodness he has been frustrating recently! His diving is getting ridiculous - it''s like the aim of the game is the try and win a free kick or something. And the fact that he will not kick it with his right foot, EVER. A couple of times today if he had just tried the merest poke with his right foot someone might have been in. Aaargh!

Or maybe it''s just time to start playing him on the left? So he can actually start crossing and playing the ball into the danger areas with the foot he actually uses? With regard to his ''poor'' set-plays he scored the most freekicks in the Premier League last season since Ronaldo.

If Snodgrass was dropped - the whole of Norfolk will hear about it ! - he''d be remonstrating loudly outside Houghton''s office hours on end !

I think the decision to drop snodgrass or not is purely down to our manager and as he is the one qualified to make that decision ill leave that one up to him, far too many armchair managers on this forum.

He was really poor yesterday though Bert. Everyone could see it and I was surprised he wasn''t subbed. This is why people get frustrated with Hughton.

Fair point. I know it''s not fair to scapegoat one player. Maybe it''s the frustration of seeing someone who we know is excellent, play so bad.

Snodgrass has been ''found out''.

Any opposition with any nous will have done their homework on him. Stop him cutting inside, force him to go on the outside and stop him checking and crossing the ball in with his left foot. Mark him tightly, wind him up, and frustrate the hell out of him. Blow on him gently and he''ll even throw himself to the ground and take himself out of the game for twenty or thirty seconds.

He''ll end up berating the opposition, arguing with his team mates, and chuntering to the referee.....and become totally ineffective.

He will from time to time hit a decent freekick......but don''t hold your breath......

Not just Snoddy that had a poor game.

We have sufficient depth of quality in the squad now to be able to rest players that are off form.

Whether that will happen of course is another matter.

I also think that Wolfswinkel needs a performence and a goal against Villa to justify his starting role. He has looked very ordinary this season, though you could argue our tactics are the reason for that. We have a strong enough squad now to rotate the players that are not perfoming so Hoofton needs to use it.

Problem about dropping Snoddy is that we would have even less player that can make the play.

--------------------RvW------------------------

Pilkington------Elmander----Redmond

-----------Johnson-----------Fer------------

After two game of Elmander I''m not so sure he is that great link up player and he definently isn''t a pure 10.

Redmond isn''t a great passer and Pilkington is a bit too straightforward to play as a wide playmaker. They both can carry the ball front, but first we would need to get the ball for them.

We all know that Johnson can''t pass and for me Fer is more of supporting player than a playmaker.

Without Snoddy that yesterdays formation just wouldn''t work. It would mean dropping two or three players and replace them with Pilkington, Hoolahan and Howson, if we dont want to play like a Stoke under Pullis.

I probably would prefer us to drop 3 players, but then again I cant see us doing it, so dropping Snoddy would be a bit suicidal.

Or maybe it''s just time to start playing him on the left? So he can actually start crossing and playing the ball into the danger areas with the foot he actually uses? With regard to his ''poor'' set-plays he scored the most freekicks in the Premier League last season since Ronaldo.

I blame CH for insisting that his wingers cut in for the better angle therefore removing any chance of a quick ball in. That''s why he plays his wingers on their weaker feet. Opposition sides know this and counter it leaving Snodgrass looking ineffectual and sulky.

First time I have agreed with a thread of this ilk but Snoddy has been off form all season. The answer is obvious; drop him for Redmond who is better on the right wing and prefers to play there. It''s no good pandering to one player if the results suffer.

--- Bert sneakers: I think the decision to drop snodgrass or not is purely down to our manager and as he is the one qualified to make that decision ill leave that one up to him, far too many armchair managers on this forum.

So, erm, what shall we talk about instead?