Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Negative fans

I hate Carrow Road when its full of people whinging and moaning. So before you set out for the game on Saturday remember the dark days of 2006-2009, be glad for how far the club has come, sing loud, sing proud and hope for the three points. If you want to slag off our players and manager from kick-off, please don''t bother coming. Stay at home and watch Come Dine With Me or something

Fighting a losing battle mate.

We seem to attract a large set of moronic fans the higher up in the divisions we go, finished our highest position in 20 years last season and lo and behold we''ve woken the largest number of idiots.....

[quote user="ellis206"]

Fighting a losing battle mate.

We seem to attract a large set of moronic fans the higher up in the divisions we go, finished our highest position in 20 years last season and lo and behold we''ve woken the largest number of idiots.....

[/quote]This![:)]

Didn''t think it would take long before te ''ever so ''umble'' came crawling out from whatever stone they have been hiding under."Be grateful guv, success and good football h''aint for the likes of us''''don''t get above your station''snivel, snivel, grovel, grovelas to what noise supporters make I doubt there will be much coming from your lot ................... too busy wringing your caps

Sorry but total rubbish. Every club have the moaners but from what I''ve read on this board since Spurs game, those that are expressing worries have every right to do that without the moronic replies from some on here

Bury,But didnt you realise that the definition of a true supporter is one who unceasingly fails to question anything connected with NCFC as if it is a quasi-religious experience. Anyone who tries to have independent thoughts is automatically a pant wetter, a plastic or a victim. I used to have a theory that zealotry diminished with age, but this forum has shaken me from this belief.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Sorry but total rubbish. Every club have the moaners but from what I''ve read on this board since Spurs game, those that are expressing worries have every right to do that without the moronic replies from some on here[/quote]

Bury, nobody has issues with people expressing their concerns, I have my concerns over how badly we seem to be away from home.

But calling for a managers head isn''t expressing a concern is it, it is downright stupidity on the grand scheme of things.

FFS. Our fans do get behind the team. fans expressing discontent with how we play away from home on phone ins and message boards is perfectly acceptable. Those same fans are not booing the team from the first minute of every game as the OP suggests!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]FFS. Our fans do get behind the team. fans expressing discontent with how we play away from home on phone ins and message boards is perfectly acceptable. Those same fans are not booing the team from the first minute of every game as the OP suggests![/quote]Wasn''t suggesting that at all - just fed up with hearing people moan, moan, moan - one misplaced pass and it''s ''FFS Snoddy/Johnson/Howson your f''ing s***''. Whatever your concerns re tactics/the manager etc, I don''t see how constantly getting on players backs helps anyone, and I''m urging those of you that do this to leave it til you can vent your frustrations on canary call/the pinkun/ in the pub

Norwich have always had their fair share of moaners, but they pay their money and are entitled to their opinion regardless of how rational it may or may not be.

It should be remembered that being a Norwich fan (or a fan of any club) is not, and never should be, a one way street.

Fans pay hard earned cash to watch and support their team and as is the case at the moment with NCFC, are not getting anywhere close to their monies worth.

Some fans are over critical, some are the happy clappers, but to go and watch a team and be satisfied regardless of what is put in front of you, is testing loyalty to its upper limits.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]I hate Carrow Road when its full of people whinging and moaning. So before you set out for the game on Saturday remember the dark days of 2006-2009, be glad for how far the club has come, sing loud, sing proud and hope for the three points. If you want to slag off our players and manager from kick-off, please don''t bother coming. Stay at home and watch Come Dine With Me or something[/quote]

err perhaps you could explain to us when Carrow Road has been "full of people whinging and moaning"

or is that just something you have made up to argue against  .............. or moan about ?

Generally people react more negatively when there''s a loss. Nothing wrong with it. If they lose, why not discuss what went wrong and any continuing issues. Seems that things are taken more negatively than they are intended. In conversation, you could voice the same opinion and nobody would be angry. Everything seems more negative when it''s only being read. Plus, it''s a forum.... it''s only half the point. lol

As I and others have said.... IT''S NOT THE FACT THAT WE''RE LOSING.

The away fans pay a lot of money to watch us set up to try and nick a point away from home. That has nothing to do with entertainment factor, it has to do with the fact that by playing the way we''re playing we''re not even giving ourselves a fighting chance!

I like to consider myself quite level headed but I''m sorry... the away performances (majority of them) have not been good enough under CH.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Bury,But didnt you realise that the definition of a true supporter is one who unceasingly fails to question anything connected with NCFC as if it is a quasi-religious experience. Anyone who tries to have independent thoughts is automatically a pant wetter, a plastic or a victim. I used to have a theory that zealotry diminished with age, but this forum has shaken me from this belief.[/quote]

''kin hell! Not another one!!

Never realised Bury was very hot though! Perhaps it''s due the it''s proximity to...

I don''t know what sort of away record people expect. But ours is pretty much the cold reality of this league. The top 7 clubs won 62 away games between them which average out at around 9 each. Man U 12, Arsenal 10, chelasea 10, spurs 10. Then Liverpool 6 and Everton 4. The rest of the league won 48 between them. An average of 3.5.

Perhaps we would all be better off down in the Chumps where little ''ol Norwich could win away games like Arsenal and Spurs do.

City 1st, I love your responses. RvW, you''re clear as a bell but the dimwits keep ignoring your valid point. nn, we LOST at 10 man Hull. That''s shocking. We were impotent for 75 min at Spurs. Sure they''re better, but we''re not THAT bad. Was it just an off day again, or does the gutless approach on road games have something to do with it.

Players have made it clear (Holt) that the approach is disheartening.

Few people want Hughton gone. We want him to use our weapons effectively all the time, not just at CR.

I pause now while a happy clappy counters with comments that have nothing to do with what any of us said.

I get the point about winning away from home in this division being tough but if you are giving it everything and making home teams earn the points then a) you will at times be rewarded with all 3 points if the opposition aren''t at the races b) have the fans on your side. It was clear from early on that we were not going to score so the best we would get is a 0-0 draw THIS is what people have an issue with. I don''t like this "be grateful for being in this league" mentality. I also don''t like the amount of respect given to top 8 like it is an impossible task to score against them away, every game should be seen as potential 3 points. Crystal Palace at Old Trafford went for the points, the CP fans I know are very proud of them even though they lost. Swansea went up the same year as us, their net spend is not dissimilar to us yet they pass well, are entertaining and battered Liverpool in the second half.I''m don''t want Hughton sacked and I''m not going to pick holes in individual substitutions etc, but I don''t think it''s a crime to feel let down at the continued craven approach to away games and voice such feelings.

I didn''t post those stats through any little old Norwich sentiment or feeling grateful for being in the league. I posted them because they are the harsh reality of the league. Another harsh reality is that every season every team bar the top 6/7/8 will have a negative goal difference.

Some managers of the other 12/13 clubs rest players for games against the big guns so they''re fresher for more winnable games. I don''t think Hughton does this and to be fair his record against those top clubs is probably better than most.

I don''t know what the opposite of the "little norwich" mentality is but I wouldn''t mind betting it includes treating the Premier league like the championship.

Hertford, I''m not sure what the validity is in comparing a second half Swansea home performance when they were 1-2 down at the break with our away performances?

You want us to play away from home just like Swansea do at home. I getcha.

Good idea.

Nutty nigel, I wasn''t referring to your post in particular, as said I

get that it is difficult to win away in this league and the stats you

used does highlight this. I think some of those defending Hughton

recently have been concentrating on results and final league positions

rather than listen to what is actually being questioned which is the

craven approach to away games. It''s obviously not working points wise,

it''s uncomfortable to watch and the longer it continues it can only

effect team morale. Booing the team and manager from kick off with every bad pass is obviously moronic but I think the OP mantra of weird cult like unquestioning obedience to the alter of saint carrowrd is equally moronic. You can support a team and also be critical of said team regardless of what league you are in.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Hertford, I''m not sure what the validity is in comparing a second half Swansea home performance when they were 1-2 down at the break with our away performances?

You want us to play away from home just like Swansea do at home. I getcha.

Good idea.

[/quote]With that comment I was suggesting that you don''t need to be top 8 and have a Chelsea style budget to go out and play with a bit of courage and  freedom. I take your point that they were at home though. I just think some other teams on similar budgets etc are braver and want to dictate play rather than concede possession and drop deep hoping for a 0-0.

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]Nutty nigel, I wasn''t referring to your post in particular, as said I

get that it is difficult to win away in this league and the stats you

used does highlight this. I think some of those defending Hughton

recently have been concentrating on results and final league positions

rather than listen to what is actually being questioned which is the

craven approach to away games. It''s obviously not working points wise,

it''s uncomfortable to watch and the longer it continues it can only

effect team morale. Booing the team and manager from kick off with every bad pass is obviously moronic but I think the OP mantra of weird cult like unquestioning obedience to the alter of saint carrowrd is equally moronic. You can support a team and also be critical of said team regardless of what league you are in.[/quote]

I''m not convinced that we approach away games any differently to how we approach home games. From what I see we pick the same players and send them out in much the same formation although last week I think we put out our most attacking formation of the season. But some how the players mentality needs to change away from home. To be fair to the manager I do see him imploring the players further up the pitch during these games. So bearing in mind the team he picked at Spurs and his actions during that game how do you reconcile what you see with what you write?

The reason I ask this is cuz as an old codger I couldn''t work out how a John Bond side could go 2 seasons without an away win or even how Worthy could go a whole season in 04/05. Neither could be really classed as negative managers. Is it a mind set thing?

It wasn''t a lack of bravery that undid us against Spurs, it was a lack of ability. Early in the game we tried to press the ball, the movement of their attacking players had them finding space in "the hole" far too easily, it was a tactical adjustment to try and neutralize that by compacting the two 4s - this left us reliant on the counter to try and get back in the game, Redmond and Snodgrass being the outlets, unfortunately, such was the Spurs dominance that they were pretty busy with defensive duties. Once it went 2-0 within 5 minutes of the restart, that was game over, Spurs were very, very good and as disappointing as it was sat there watching us get schooled, sometimes you have to credit the opposition.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

It wasn''t a lack of bravery that undid us against Spurs, it was a lack of ability. Early in the game we tried to press the ball, the movement of their attacking players had them finding space in "the hole" far too easily, it was a tactical adjustment to try and neutralize that by compacting the two 4s - this left us reliant on the counter to try and get back in the game, Redmond and Snodgrass being the outlets, unfortunately, such was the Spurs dominance that they were pretty busy with defensive duties. Once it went 2-0 within 5 minutes of the restart, that was game over, Spurs were very, very good and as disappointing as it was sat there watching us get schooled, sometimes you have to credit the opposition.

[/quote]I get that Spurs are very good etc my wife is a Spurs fan and she crows on about how good they are this season. It depends what you see as being brave. Man utd are a very good team too but I saw Palace players offering for passes in tight spaces etc and trying to get on the ball even with 10 men. The reaction is not to an isolated performance at a very good teams ground. Are Hull a very good side? or Stoke last season? do they have a lot more ability than us? Maybe I''m being unrealistic. It felt like there is a lot of conceding possession and blocking the route to goal rather than asking for the ball and trying to dictate going on.

Interesting point about CH imploring the team forward on the touchline. I think they do set up differently away personally. Are you saying the players are naturally forming up like that on their own accord? Christ if true that''s a real big problem to fix. I honestly didn''t consider that. I like many, hear the respect he gives sides in pre and post game interviews and his chat about "a good point" and think CH is setting them up like that.I think it''s a vicious cycle which with every defeat or non-scorer further affects the confidence. Other than that I really don''t know.

I think they set up the same at home as away and the point is just as precious. But I also think the momentum gained from playing at home makes us more positive just as other sides become more positive in front of their own fans. I don''t think we have a huge problem. Our away form last season was little diiferent to the sides around us. But I do think it''s a mental thing with the players to drop off. Especially when we are up against a side on form like last weekend. How do you explain our most attacking line-up of the season being so ineffective at WHL?

[quote user="hertfordyellow"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

I get that Spurs are very good etc my wife is a Spurs fan and she crows on about how good they are this season. It depends what you see as being brave. Man utd are a very good team too but I saw Palace players offering for passes in tight spaces etc and trying to get on the ball even with 10 men. The reaction is not to an isolated performance at a very good teams ground. Are Hull a very good side? or Stoke last season? do they have a lot more ability than us? Maybe I''m being unrealistic. It felt like there is a lot of conceding possession and blocking the route to goal rather than asking for the ball and trying to dictate going on.
[/quote]

It is a reaction to that, last season at Stoke is irrelevant, it''s last season, Hull away we should have come away with at least a point, the frustration was more that we didn''t break down ten men - they defended well too (two teams do play every game) - because we ran out of ideas. Against Spurs our players were offering themselves in tight positions, they had to, Spurs penned us in our own half, too many players were c@ck on the day - Johnson and Fer the worst culprits, Redmond was largely ineffective as Kyle Walker had him facing his own goal most of the time and Snodgrass just hasn''t found last years spark yet. When your midfield is that disjointed the gap between defence and attack is more like a chasm. As I''ve said before, my main criticism of Hughton Saturday was that he didn''t get Johnson off the pitch at half time, he''d have had trouble passing the parcel at a kids party on Saturday let alone a football in a Premier league encounter. I think Johnson off for Howson or Tettey at half time or possibly Elmander and Johnson off for that pair would have seen us get more of a grip. As it happened, he opted to let the players that got us into it try and get us out and we were 2-0 down in 4 minutes, game over.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]I hate Carrow Road when its full of people whinging and moaning. So before you set out for the game on Saturday remember the dark days of 2006-2009, be glad for how far the club has come, sing loud, sing proud and hope for the three points. If you want to slag off our players and manager from kick-off, please don''t bother coming. Stay at home and watch Come Dine With Me or something[/quote]

err perhaps you could explain to us when Carrow Road has been "full of people whinging and moaning"

or is that just something you have made up to argue against  .............. or moan about ?

[/quote]Christ C1!I''ve only been going since 1953 so my answer would have to be for the last 60 yrs.Or perhaps I''ve just been unlucky where I choose to watch from.Even at the best of times there''s always someone unhappy about something or other. For instance there''s a chap near me always moaning about Snoddy, If he trys to beat a man its "why dornt he parse ut", if he passes it then it''s "why dornt he taerk the fullback on".I always thought it was a natural part of what you get when people with different views watch a football match.