Sign in to follow this  
Indy

As it's no been asked, who would you replace Hughton with?

Di matteo and Zola are the two I look at.

Di matteo out of work and hence no compensation but could def be considered and I am sure would apply. Zola I think will be keen for the premiership, what a season he had last year and if they play well against us in the cup en he is one to look at.

Right now Hughton is in charge and has time, he is building his first team, there are still players and positions that we would all change so I am sure he wants another summer window to do that. But there does need to be some consistency in the right way, so far some indifferent performances and no obvious difference to our chances created and goals column.

Hughton will need a few more games but again if all is well prior to Xmas then we don''t need to talk about it, but if it is not then you have to act then otherwise you leave it late. I believe the board are supportive and will give Chris Hughton that time and have their targets which Hughton and his team should deliver.

Again as much as I look at the management I look at the players, we have genuine quality from some of europes finest now alongside players who have come up through English clubs and performed in the lower divisions, championship and league 1 and they are looking like players from that division.

I still believe we have more quality than teams in this division but we need it to show and deliver. In this league there is no time, so players and management have to react quickly.

I''ve said this before, but I honestly think rather than sacking Hughton - who does a good job in many areas - we actually need to strengthen the management team by adding someone to take care of the areas where CH clearly struggles (mostly on the touchline during a game).

Either a managerial partnership or a reshuffle bringing in a new assistant manager whos job is to motivate players on the pitch and make tactical decisions on match day, while CH focuses on training and the transfer market where his strengths clearly lie.

Would be a perfect role for a recently-retired player looking to take his first steps in management - Scholes, Neville, Carragher, maybe Hucks or Dion Dublin might be options?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

How about Rachel Riley?

Great problem solving skills...

[/quote]How about Deep Blue, with a coaching staff of Feng-Hsiung Hsu and Mike Bassett.