Sign in to follow this  
Indy

As it's no been asked, who would you replace Hughton with?

A lot of people on here are not happy with the current tactics and style but if you had the choice who would you bring in?

I don''t see too many managers out there who would realistically replace Hughton.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]You. Or maybe Vanwink.[/quote]

Well it''s very nice for you to acknowledge my outstanding abilities to take over in this position, but I don''t think I would take the pay cut.

Maybe you can have another go?

Only sussposing like, but if we do lose Hughton to Ireland I think we would be in a bit of a muddle.

Up the creek without a paddle so to speak.

An experienced hand might be important therefore and in this respect I am warming to the idea of Martin O''Neill despite some of his recent disasters.

I, like all, was impressed by Neil Adams during the Youth Cup period and feel he could be an inspired choice.

More of a risk than MON though.

I was thinking Beckham & Neville combo ;-)

But it is funny that a lot of people want Hughton out yet there is no one out there who would be a realistic improvement, IMO

As this thread has been titled in a Scottish accent, is it a call to the King Across the Water (or the Great Ouse anyway)?

I wanted Hughton to get this job and I want him to keep it. However, there is no heir apparent. I have no doubt that McNally has a contingency plan but candidates are either unlikely to switch like Malky or not experienced enough. Two years ago there was a choice from Poyet, McDermott, Rodgers and others but the cupboard of bright young managers with something to offer seems very bare now

There are some suggestions on another thread.

But while I dont think we should be changing manager I also know that should we chose for fire any manager we will always find another to replace him - plenty in the wings and most names we had not considered.   I have no doubt the boad and mcNasty has a contingency shortlist readily available.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Grant. Followed by Roeder and then Gunn.

[/quote]

WOT? No Calderwood.[/quote]

No. Jim Duffy.

Realistically there''s no one who would particularly impress me.
I don''t see the need for Hughton to be replaced. He has more pro''s than con''s i think.
I can''t see why Hughton can''t change and adapt slightly - much as players do - when working at a higher level.

[quote user="hogesar"]Realistically there''s no one who would particularly impress me.
I don''t see the need for Hughton to be replaced. He has more pro''s than con''s i think.
I can''t see why Hughton can''t change and adapt slightly - much as players do - when working at a higher level.
[/quote]Those kind of common sense views have no place on this forum.

Do you think things will evolve and change as the season progresses or is the second Saturday in September the day of reckoning?

I reckon we could make a killing with the bookies...

--- hogesar: Realistically there''s no one who would particularly impress me. I don''t see the need for Hughton to be replaced. He has more pro''s than con''s i think. I can''t see why Hughton can''t change and adapt slightly - much as players do - when working at a higher level.

I think Hughton has more pros than cons, he is a Steve Bruce style dour manager. Brucey, like Hughton, still get results.

In all honesty I can''t see Hughton''s style adapting, I don''t think he has it in him. He finds it difficult enough to change the side while we are getting spanked for 70 minutes. He did nothing to change the team during the 16 game (or whatever it was) run with only one win.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- hogesar: Realistically there''s no one who would particularly impress me. I don''t see the need for Hughton to be replaced. He has more pro''s than con''s i think. I can''t see why Hughton can''t change and adapt slightly - much as players do - when working at a higher level.

I think Hughton has more pros than cons, he is a Steve Bruce style dour manager. Brucey, like Hughton, still get results.

In all honesty I can''t see Hughton''s style adapting, I don''t think he has it in him. He finds it difficult enough to change the side while we are getting spanked for 70 minutes. He did nothing to change the team during the 16 game (or whatever it was) run with only one win.[/quote]

Never mind, I''m sure the players will take things into their own hands often enough to get the required points if last season is anything to go by.[;)]

Nothing has changed since last season, he unfortunately seems to be one of those characters who is unable to learn and adapt.

Very sad indeed!

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Di Matteo, Poyet, G.Neville, or 1 of the many hundreds that are out there.[/quote]I can remember reading in fourfourtwo magazine an interview Lothar Matthaus a few years ago.... they asked him what he thought made a good manager and his reply was "the only good managers are the ones in work"...the 3 above must be pretty sh*t then.... or they wouldnt be waiting for the phone to ring...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- hogesar: Realistically there''s no one who would particularly impress me. I don''t see the need for Hughton to be replaced. He has more pro''s than con''s i think. I can''t see why Hughton can''t change and adapt slightly - much as players do - when working at a higher level.

In all honesty I can''t see Hughton''s style adapting, I don''t think he has it in him. He finds it difficult enough to change the side while we are getting spanked for 70 minutes. He did nothing to change the team during the 16 game (or whatever it was) run with only one win.[/quote]
That''s where he does have to change in my opinion - during a game.
I don''t see a problem with a team like us, setting up defensively away from home against a team like Spurs.
But when you''re that bad in the first half i think a half-time change is required - not just a hairdryer treatment.
Now, if you don''t make a change - that rests on the managers shoulders to see us come out with a bit of spark in the second half.
We didnt, and conceded within 5 minutes. At that point, a change was needed.
He didn''t make them. Maybe it will require him to have more confidence in his squad - to believe that making a change 2-0 down to Spurs might not turn the game on it''s head but it might give the team that little bit more - so the travelling support don''t feel completely screwed over.
I don''t see why he can''t change. He needs to - in all honesty. What I will say is that with Hughton in charge i always feel we stand a chance at home, even against any of the big boys. Unfortunately, the opposite is true away from home where i don''t think we look like scoring against the weakest. If we can balance out our style of play away from home we stand in a good position to finish comfortably mid table.
Of course, with that, if we class mid-table as 11th-14th or something like that - there''s probably 7 or more teams looking to do the same. And we can''t all fit into 4 places.

--- hogesar: I don''t see why he can''t change. He needs to - in all honesty.

In life you meet people who are set in their ways, many people, most people even, especially as they get older. In management the same is true. You would think a manager like Ian Holloway would have learned from his Premiership experience at Hull, but no, he is there making the same mistakes again with Palace.

--- hogesar: Maybe it will require him to have more confidence in his squad

We heard this all last season, players on the bench being apparently crap. Hughton having no confidence in them.

If Hughton does lack confidence in his squad, that will definitely transfer to the players in time. I don''t think this is the case.