Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Losing my love for Norwich City FC

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Binner.Seriously.[/quote]Seriously ? Matt''s NCFC through and through Morty. Like many of us I suspect he''s getting a little dis-enchanted the way things are at Carrow Rd under the present manager. Of course no one wants to lose heavily at a place like White Hart Lane but there just seems to be no ambition at all when we play away. This didn''t happen anything like so often under the previous manager.I don''t think many people really expect us to match teams like Spurs and the others who make up the top six but do expect our team to put up a bit of a fight.[/quote]I think people need to have a little context. We had a stinker on Saturday in a game we were very unlikely to get anything from anyway.I''m as hacked off as anyone about it, but falling out of love over it?Behave.[/quote]Yes Morty but Matt wasn''t at the game or had any intention of going to White Hart Lane so Saturday''s result didn''t affect his opinion on this.Since our present manager was installed our attacking form, especially away, has been very poor against opposition of all standards. With the calibre of players we have this shouldn''t happen week in week out and if John Ruddy''s comment on Canary Call is any indication the players seem to think so to.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Vanwink"]Nigel said

P42 W11 D15 L16 F44 A63 Pts 48

lol"

Not quite sure why you posted that with a lol Nigel, the point I am making is that we are continuing in the same way as last season.

If you want figures then I guess the best ones to remind you of are these:-

from Christmas to end of season 2012 we gained 13 points away from home.

from Christmas to end of season 2013 we gained 5 points away from home and three of those at Man City when they had just lost their manager and were I''m afraid o. t.. b.....

This season so far NIL away from home.

Now explain to me how that is not a continuation of our form from last season![/quote]

Statistics : The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions
          (Evan Esar 1899-195)
[/quote]And to live in a different direction - backwards it would appear with Mr Esar

But its not 4 games is it Morty? Its just a continuation of last season with a few different players doing the same things.

"4 games into a season is way to soon to be using phrases like "Week in, week out""I don''t think he was, that was why he prefaced that sentence with ...

"Since our present manager was installed our attacking form, especially away, has been very poor against opposition of all standards " ... and  With the calibre of players we have "

[quote user="JF"]But its not 4 games is it Morty? Its just a continuation of last season with a few different players doing the same things.[/quote]Sounds like you had your mind made up before a ball was kicked this season[Y]

Not at all, i was of the opinion that last season''s tactics were needed to survive with what we had and had hoped with the new players we may see abit more creative spark. I fully expected the defensive attitude but had hoped that when in possesion we would be good enough to make things happen in the final third, but nothing had changed.

Morty

"Sounds like you had your mind made up before a ball was kicked this season"

Yes Morty, he would undoubtedly be making the same remarks had our away form shown some improvement from last season!

[quote user="JF"]Not at all, i was of the opinion that last season''s tactics were needed to survive with what we had and had hoped with the new players we may see abit more creative spark. I fully expected the defensive attitude but had hoped that when in possesion we would be good enough to make things happen in the final third, but nothing had changed.[/quote]And two away losses has made your mind up?

-- Badger: Obviously I feel sorry with the OP but it''s possibly an age thing? My dad stopped going for a while during Ron Saunders reign because he didn''t like the style of play and the struggle that accompanied initial promotion.

I stopped during the Roeder era, a time when it was difficult to recognise your own players because they were all 10 minute loans. Completely lost interest for nearly two years, and have slowly got back into it. I still haven''t regained the desire to start going again.

[quote user="JF"]Yes Nigel last season did come right, we had a superb league table finish and some great victories. But our league form has been so poor since xmas and the performences equally poor that its concerning me he doesnt know how to turn it around. Our away form can not continue the way it has, we simply can not rely on picking up enough points at home to survive cos that will bite us on the arse. We could discuss these things 24/7 on these forums but surly the one thing we can all agree on is that we will need to pick up points on the road to survive? And i honestly don''t see where those points are coming from with our away mindset.[/quote]

The point I was trying to make, probably poorly, is that last season the strengthening was all defensive players and yet after 7 games we''d conceded 17 goals and got 3 points. That would have carried on to 92 goals and 16 points for the season if we hadn''t improved. This season we have strengthened with attacking players and yet 4 games is enough to write it off. I have never seen anything decided by the second Saturday in September.

We could go round in circles. Bottom line is I''m not going to even think of writing this season off, let alone my lifetime support, until we''ve played at least 10 games.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-- Badger: Obviously I feel sorry with the OP but it''s possibly an age thing? My dad stopped going for a while during Ron Saunders reign because he didn''t like the style of play and the struggle that accompanied initial promotion.

I stopped during the Roeder era, a time when it was difficult to recognise your own players because they were all 10 minute loans. Completely lost interest for nearly two years, and have slowly got back into it. I still haven''t regained the desire to start going again.[/quote]

Pity the same cant be said for your desire to start moaning.

[quote user="City1st"]"4 games into a season is way to soon to be using phrases like "Week in, week out""I don''t think he was, that was why he prefaced that sentence with ...

"Since our present manager was installed our attacking form, especially away, has been very poor against opposition of all standards " ... and  With the calibre of players we have "

[/quote]Exactly City1st. We had a pretty decent team last year and they didn''t get much joy. We''re a lot stronger this time but it doesn''t look as though a lot has changed.Stoke away should be interesting....

Wow, up to nine pages!  Not read it all, was up to date earlier at Heathrow but now I''m in Chicago I''ve got some catching up to do.  Busy week in the States then back hopefully in time to make it to Carrow Road on Saturday.Incidentally was sitting next to a City fan from Kings Lynn on the flight, small world.Time to forget about football, sorry, soccer for a week and watch some US sport to see if that brings back my love for the beautiful game.

First of all, I''m sorry to be a bit off topic here.

I see someone removed the thread where I probably precisely described Morty as a person outside this forum, but admittedly I may have been a bit out of line with my comments in that thread, however correct they be..

My polite and humble upbringing prevents me from reposting that description here.

But having seen a few forum trolls in various forums, I''m sure Morty, and a few of his forum police compatriots, stand to be compared.

Now, lets stick to the thread topic..

Good evening grefstad, I''m sorry to be off topic again...

But if the definition of a troll is someone who posts controversial things in order to get a reaction then it''s my belief that the OP is a troll. Anyone who followed just fell into the troll''s trap. I haven''t got anything to say about his forum police compatriots because I don''t know who they are.

Now let''s stick to the thread topic....

(How conceited is that BTW)

[quote user="grefstad"]First of all, I''m sorry to be a bit off topic here.

I see someone removed the thread where I probably precisely described Morty as a person outside this forum, but admittedly I may have been a bit out of line with my comments in that thread
, however correct they be..

My polite and humble upbringing prevents me from reposting that description here.

But having seen a few forum trolls in various forums, I''m sure Morty, and a few of his forum police compatriots, stand to be compared.

Now, lets stick to the thread topic..[/quote]

Was the thread about wiz stating ''dive the sod out'' ?if so I hope it was not Morty who had the thread pulledI was looking forward to some explanation from wiz about his comment - and also from the Pinkun Role Player as to why he felt he had to change his name to defend wiz on that post(neither of whom I suspect have much love for Norwich City FC)

Was it the thread title no leadership cos I cant see that one anywhere.

Shame my thread on No Leadership has gone, but I can understand why Morty would get it removed!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Shame my thread on No Leadership has gone, but I can understand why Morty would get it removed![/quote]oh that''s what it wasstill doesn''t explain where my thread on wiz''s comment ''drive the sod out'' has goneI was looking so forward to reading wiz''s explanation as to what we should do to drive the ''sod'' outwhat kind of action that would take, and would he be at the vanguard or at the back holding the jacketsa march down carrow road with a big megaphone* broadcasting the intention of driving the ''sod'' out, perhaps

* though I am not too sure if wiz would still hear us ................

........................... it''s a long way to lowestoft