Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Villa, the right game at the right time.

It''s perfect to be playing Villa this Saturday.

The recent history doesn''t need to be restated other than to say Paul Lambert has twice come to FCR and rubbed our noses in it.

For me, Lambert tops my list of successful Norwich managers and the journey with him was fabulous. We tried to WIN EVERY GAME and this pugnacious Scot didn''t give a sh@t who the opposition was. But punch the air when your new side scores and wins at FCR, Paul and you make things personal. I was desperate for us to relegate Villa and we fluffed it.

Yes, the EPL is bland this season, the games are poor, there is a dearth of excitement, it hasn''t got going. We could be playing a number of sides that produce a scale of emotions and anticipation but this one is as near as we will get to the feel of a derby game.

Villa will certainly have a go but be vulnerable at the back. Do we make it open or do we let another side dictate? Are we ready to take it to them? Our players, as professionals, know they have to bounce back after Spurs.

Most of our side never played under Lambert. This might be a help as I thought ''the gaffer'' had the Indian sign over some of his former charges. What supporters have to ask is: does he still have that over you?

Abuse is counter-productive, it is the Norwich Players who need the noise, especially as Villa fans are among the most vocal.

I have never blamed our players while I have criticised Hughton. I believe we have a great bunch frustrated by their coaches and it is vital IMO that we never turn on them. The attitude should be an empathy with the players while criticising he management IMO.

And so, at this early point of the season we have a watershed game. Thank goodness for that. Lets turn our anger and frustration on Paul Lambert''s Villa irrespective of what it means, or not, to CH and his coaches.

the game is pivotal... if we beat Villa the fans will love Hughton from now to eternity regardless what happens this season....Lose and it puts him in an awkward position with some supporters.

But you had to add that last sentence. That way if we win Hughton and his coaches will be incidental with accidental involvement. Did Hughton do something to you in a past life Rudolph?

Norwich supporters will get behind their team. Those bitching on here will still bitch. TBH if this bitching spills over into the stadium then I hope Hughton''s sacked. Not because I no longer think he''s any good. But because I can''t go through that again. On here it doesn''t matter. But in the ground it''s soul destroying. To this day fans are still fallen out over Worthy. Before it wouldn''t have mattered because the disagreeing fans could move away from eachother. But in this day of owning your own little seat we could be stuck with our neighbours for life.

A win would bring back a feel-good feeling, which i think is important.
Some people will be anti-hughton regardless.
But i''d like to think we could all celebrate at beating villa at carrow road on saturday...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But you had to add that last sentence. That way if we win Hughton and his coaches will be incidental with accidental involvement. Did Hughton do something to you in a past life Rudolph?

Norwich supporters will get behind their team. Those bitching on here will still bitch. TBH if this bitching spills over into the stadium then I hope Hughton''s sacked. Not because I no longer think he''s any good. But because I can''t go through that again. On here it doesn''t matter. But in the ground it''s soul destroying. To this day fans are still fallen out over Worthy. Before it wouldn''t have mattered because the disagreeing fans could move away from eachother. But in this day of owning your own little seat we could be stuck with our neighbours for life.

[/quote]

very emotive stuff nutty, but I think the irony of you talking (bitching ?) about  the rights and wrongs of past managers will not go unnoticed on here

as to bitching, I would suggest that next time you have cause to visit a medical practioner and he or she points out what they think is wrong, what is causing it and what should be done to remedy it you don''t refer to their comments as bitching

ps that was intended as a general example and was not aimed at you personally in any way

Well, I''m hoping for the good old days of that home game against QPR, and will be cheering every Aston Villa goal.   If our team then rally, I''ll start shouting at the fans next to me to stop celebrating our goals, throw a pie at someone, and lick Paul Lambert''s face as I''m carried out on a stretcher.

[quote user="hogesar"]
Some people will be anti-hughton regardless.
[/quote]

its not just about the win, its the way we win, and the same applies to losing

i think he will keep us in the division, but the thought of drawing our way through the season with backwards/sideways passing and a goal starved lone striker is not my idea of fun

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

very emotive stuff nutty, but I think the irony of you talking (bitching ?) about  the rights and wrongs of past managers will not go unnoticed on here

as to bitching, I would suggest that next time you have cause to visit a medical practioner and he or she points out what they think is wrong, what is causing it and what should be done to remedy it you don''t refer to their comments as bitching

ps that was intended as a general example and was not aimed at you personally in any way

[/quote]

If I go to the doctors and tell him I know what''s wrong because I had it last year, even though the spots are a different colour, he''ll probably tell me to let him make the diagnosis...

Isn''t there and old quack posts on here we could ask?

Well there is some progress, at lastYou now accept that there is something wrongThe problem we have is however, that we have a doctor who doesn''t appear to recognise there is something wrongA bit disturbing when we have a second opinion (players) saying there is

6 Very very tough games coming up. i say 6 because that would mean 10 games in. where and how we are after 10 could be a good indication of the season is going to go. And IF we are going to sack Hughton then he has earned the righr to get at least 10 games

A.Villa (H) A team set up for away games, counter with pace

Stoke (A) A place we never get anything

Chelsea (H) 1 of the strongest squads prem has ever seen

Arsenal (A) Good form and looking strong & Ozil

Cardiff (H) Games we have to be winning

Man C (A) Another very strong squad, i expect to get nothing

How many points do you think. 7 i think would be a good return.

4 points for me there Eadie, and that wold be a poor return, i have no faith in taking anything away from home which leaves me seeing a win and draw in the games against Villa and Cardiff in no order.

Maybe 5 is more realistic. Draw at home to villa, draw away to stoke and win at home against cardiff. Is 9 points from 10 games where we expected to be (realistically).

No I think realistically we should have been on 12 points from the first 10 games we had.

Not for me. Anything less than a point a game leaves us behind the curve, especially seeing as our start is kinder than our run in.

Not sure I agree that it''s a good time to be playing Villa. Would personally have thought it''s a fixture that brings an added pressure that the players and management could probably do without, especially if it doesn''t go well for us.

[quote user="City1st"]Well there is some progress, at lastYou now accept that there is something wrongThe problem we have is however, that we have a doctor who doesn''t appear to recognise there is something wrongA bit disturbing when we have a second opinion (players) saying there is

[/quote]

Ahhh.. ok. I''m still not sure about this Ruddy business. I heard the interview and didn''t bat an eyelid at the time. It just seemed same old to me. But I accept that I''ve never been a fan of such things. We used to get on fine without these immediate interviews that are now a big part of the soap opera surrounding the games. I am from simpler times where spots meant measles or chicken pox that we were encouraged to pass on to eachother by the good doctors.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere I''m happy to review points/league position/performances after 10 games. If at that point I come over to your diagnosis I shall still be pleased I allowed the symptoms time to develop first.

Hughton has a golden opportunity with this game.

He can show a response to the Spurs game which doesn''t involve eulogising about the quality he saw in the opposition midfielders, one of whom he has been admiring for some time. Infact, if he keeps his mouth shut he''ll do himself a favour.

Hughton can listen to his players. A confident manager in all walks isn''t afraid to take counsel and then make, and take responsibility for, a decision. A weak manager tends to be dictatorial and insular because he/she is insecure and/or promoted to their level of incompetence.

Having listened to the players and got them fully onside he can fire them up. He doesn''t make Di Canioesque quotes to the press, he is stoic and keeps his disarming praise of the opposition well to the right of obsequiousness.

He can consult his PR dept and say the right things to supporters, infant, he has plenty of scope to show he recognises what region his current employment is in and that it resonates with him in some way. I think Hitler entered Eastern Europe with more affinity for the Slavs than Hughton has shown to us.

He can realise his opponent is the man he is compared to but that he is beatable and doing so carries massive brownie points. If Villa win he doesn''t have to publicly plant one on Lambert but standing in front of the mirror with an acting coach doing ''crestfallen'' or ''hurt'' would help with how he should present to camera; but unless a back room staff member is aware that Spurs lost he should avoid ruining his fizzog facade by catching up with how they did first.

He can survive a poor result so long as he looks like he''s gone through the wringer. So, get rid of the polyester mix non-iron shirt and wear a thin pure cotton one that creases when you look at it on the hanger.

He could go to Boots chemist early on match day and ask for Dr. Loose''s ''Give a S hit'' pills, the blue jar, the red one will keep him in the dugout on a commode.

Yes, Chrissy can meet his Waterloo in this game or he can triumph like Arthur Wellesley, it''s a win win if he learns to stop shooting himself in the foot with Norwich Supporters.

There are many mysteries in life; the origins of the pyramids, dark matter or why elephants can''t run downhill but the greatest has to be why Charismatic Chris was so loved by Geordies, Brummies and Cockneys but so unloved by Norvicensians?

Take Out Lambert, Chris.....the power is in your hands.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="City1st"]Well there is some progress, at lastYou now accept that there is something wrongThe problem we have is however, that we have a doctor who doesn''t appear to recognise there is something wrongA bit disturbing when we have a second opinion (players) saying there is

[/quote]

Ahhh.. ok. I''m still not sure about this Ruddy business. I heard the interview and didn''t bat an eyelid at the time. It just seemed same old to me. But I accept that I''ve never been a fan of such things. We used to get on fine without these immediate interviews that are now a big part of the soap opera surrounding the games. I am from simpler times where spots meant measles or chicken pox that we were encouraged to pass on to eachother by the good doctors.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere I''m happy to review points/league position/performances after 10 games. If at that point I come over to your diagnosis I shall still be pleased I allowed the symptoms time to develop first.

[/quote]

we used to get on fine without the internet and these forums but it doesn''t make them any the less valid

ps I think you will find symptoms are evidence of something existing, the idea that you should allow them time to develop further is bizarre

I really, really want a win on Saturday.

Villa destroyed us on and off the pitch the last 2 times. It''s time for some payback.

We need the crowd to get going most of all. We were mute for the last 2 games.

In the meantime, if supporters want to watch something more exciting than Chris Hughton''s Norwich City there is a live feed available to view the salvage of the Costa Concordia.

[quote user="City1st"]

ps I think you will find symptoms are evidence of something existing, the idea that you should allow them time to develop further is bizarre

[/quote]

Not sure about that. I''d hate to have had a limb amputated only to realise later that it would have got better if it had been left alone.

(Now that reminds me of something someone posted once before..............)

"Not sure about that. I''d hate to have had a limb amputated only to

realise later that it would have got better if it had been left alone."
errr, how would you know it would have got better /where would the evidence be ?

[quote user="City1st"]"Not sure about that. I''d hate to have had a limb amputated only to

realise later that it would have got better if it had been left alone."errr, how would you know it would have got better /where would the evidence be ?

[/quote]

Sometimes there is no evidence. Rainbow laces or not George Michael knew...

But I''ve got to think twice Before I give my limb away And I know all the games you play Because I play them too....

''Cause I gotta have faith[;)]

In all reality this is not a good game to go into off the back of such a poor performance, Lambert knows most of our team, the atmosphere will be hot as Villa are now our premiership Binners and it''s a lunch time kick off.

This for me is a must not lose, a draw won''t be a disaster but it won''t fill the team nor fans with much confidence.

I fear this might be the one where those low grumbling fans who are fed up with the negative style might get more vocal if things aren''t going our way.

There are grumblings form fans, players and we are only 4 games in! not good, so for me I think we need a convincing victory with a more solid performance, holding onto the ball and controlling the game, but can''t see that happening. Really hope allour players are up for this one and can find a performance of some style.

If, as I fear, we lose on Saturday its going to be a bit lively on here in the evening.

[quote user="Wiz"]If, as I fear, we lose on Saturday its going to be a bit lively on here in the evening.[/quote]I dont think we will lose but you may well be right WizSilly season around the corner!