Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Everton and Moyes

Have long been an admirer of Everton under Moyes (and think they will struggle without him) and can''t help thinking that although we are different clubs, a  long term manager, gradually moving things in a direction that keeps a club competitive, season after season is what we could and maybe should be.   Under Moyes, Everton were strong, organised, competitive, fluid, always a threat - that is surely what we want at CR.  

Moyes didn''t achieve his dynasty overnight.   Hughton has only just got his team together - some haven''t even played a whole game for us.   If we want to be like Everton were under Moyes, we have to have patience.   We have had a mixed but acceptable start to the season, points wise - room for improvement - as we can all see - but with a little patience - we might just see evolving a strategy for success. Don''t forget the great performances last season -  we''ve seen how we can compete with the best. 

Give it time to evolve. 

Moyes was hand picked to manage one of the biggest teams in the world as a result of his excellent management ability, I am struggling to see the relevance of your analogy?

Moyes did an excellent job at Everton, creating a successful workmanlike side, but they always lacked that little something extra. In all those seasons finishing in the top 6 they never took home a trophy, and in their only appearance they crashed out of the Champions League with a whimper.

I think a little question mark still hangs over his head, but he couldn''t have a better opportunity to put that to bed this season.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod

tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim

veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea

commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate

velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint

occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt

mollit anim id est laborum. 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod

tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim

veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea

commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate

velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint

occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt

mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit.[/quote]Well said.

How many more threads going over and over and over and over and over the same old theme with just a slightly different spin on the situation. [:@]

Occassionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure.

Good premise LDC. This is indeed a reasonable analogy and would be considerable progress and success for Norwich. This long term building project is what I would understand The Hughton blueprint to be. After £25m of spending in a summer, it is logical to assume the board view things in a similar way.

Enjoy the boxing Saturday?

[quote user="lake district canary"] Under Moyes, Everton were strong, organised, competitive, fluid, always a threat - that is surely what we want at CR.   [/quote]Everton Final League Stats & Positions
2001-02   38  8  4  7  26  23    3  6 10  19  34  -12  43  15th

2002-03 38 11 5 3 28 19 6 3 10 20 30 -1 59 7th

2003-04 38 8 5 6 27 20 1 7 11 18 37 -12 39 17th

2004-05 38 12 2 5 24 15 6 5 8 21 31 -1 61 4th

2005-06 38 8 4 7 22 22 6 4 9 12 27 -15 50 11th
Those Rose-tinted glasses working well for you, LDC?

Some curious responses. 

I think that Everton and Moyes are something we would be proud to emulate and if after a few  years of continuity we are still established in the premiership with a developed and settled way of playing, we will have done that. 

Our best years as a club were due to a continuity that only Liverpool could match at the time and continuity  is desirable in any club.  Hughton is evolving a way of playing that will be able to compete at the highest level, season after season.   Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics.  Knock that if you like, but at its best it will give us security, increase our stature as a club and with time will give us football that we can be proud of.   It is still early days.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics. .

[/quote]

As they used to say in exams......define,explain and discuss as you have completely lost me with this.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics. .[/quote]

As they used to say in exams......define,explain and discuss as you have completely lost me with this.

[/quote]

Very rarely drops players if the team is doing well and doesn''t chop and change for the sake of it.  Tactics are consistent - whether you like them or not - the system that he uses is tried and tested, it just needs the team to step up to the plate and improve the passing and ball control. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics. .

[/quote]

[/quote]

As Tilly always claims he didn''t take exams as a PC it is no surprise he''s lost. LOL

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics. .[/quote]

[/quote]

Very rarely drops players if the team is doing well and doesn''t chop and change for the sake of it.  Tactics are consistent - whether you like them or not - the system that he uses is tried and tested, it just needs the team to step up to the plate and improve the passing and ball control. 

[/quote]

Ah now I get it. It is not the tactics or team selection away from home that is the problem it is the players not being able to grasp how the manager wants them to play and their passing and ball control not being up to scratch. At what point do you look long and hard at these selections and tactics and start to question the manager ?

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As Tilly always claims he didn''t take exams as a PC it is no surprise he''s lost. LOL

[/quote]

Not a claim Crafty just a simple fact and I was talking about school exams.

Are you very , very bored LDC? I mean , so bored that you have to post over, and over, and over again? Is there not a local pub? Or a shop crammed full of Beatrix Potter memorabilia that you could study ? Some sort of Rainfall chart? I say this only because I am concerned.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]  Continuity and consistency - it is how Hughton works - you can see that by his team selection and tactics. .[/quote]As they used to say in exams......define,explain and discuss as you have completely lost me with this. [/quote]

[/quote]

Ah now I get it. It is not the tactics or team selection away from home that is the problem it is the players not being able to grasp how the manager wants them to play and their passing and ball control not being up to scratch. At what point do you look long and hard at these selections and tactics and start to question the manager ?

[/quote]

When results indicate that we are not picking up enough points to keep clear of the relegation places.  So far this season, we have had a good start - for us - four points from four games.  Plenty of reason to suggest we will do at least as well as last season, if not better.   Team development is ongoing - Hooper, Elmander, Ollson and Fer have hardly got going yet.   Testing time for away supporters - but  there is always room for improvement - Hoots will know that better than any of us - but the players are the ones  that have to gel on the pitch.  You can have any tactic you like, but if a player can''t pass, or runs into blind alleys all the time, that is not going to help.

LDC,Fo soemone who is constantly acclaimed as being boring, you dont half have a loyal band of followers. I think they ''doth protest too much''. It kind of reminds me of the two old guys at the Muppet Show, who would turn up for their box seat every week despite seemingly hating it. Perhaps Tilly could add a link to this as he is rather good at this.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]LDC,

Fo soemone who is constantly acclaimed as being boring, you dont half have a loyal band of followers. I think they ''doth protest too much''. It kind of reminds me of the two old guys at the Muppet Show, who would turn up for their box seat every week despite seemingly hating it.

Perhaps Tilly could add a link to this as he is rather good at this.
[/quote]

Good to see you popping up on yet another thread Louis with nothing to say about the thread title other than to have a pop or a dig at a poster.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Are you very , very bored LDC? I mean , so bored that you have to post over, and over, and over again? Is there not a local pub? Or a shop crammed full of Beatrix Potter memorabilia that you could study ? Some sort of Rainfall chart? I say this only because I am concerned.

[/quote]

Thank you for your concern, but I''m not bored.  If you want boring, I could quote you the endless threads and posts about people rubbishing the achievements of the team and manager since the start of the season.   I usually post because I want to see some positivity amongst all the turgid moaning and groaning of people who can only see the bad side of things.  

But Tilly, I really do enjoy seeing the extent of your creativity with

Google and YouTube. It was meant as a compliment from someone that

really strugglles with the this whole interweb thing.As for your point of having a pop. I agree this is a bit inexcusable of me to interupt your cogent discusiion of Everton and Moyes. Wait a minute, have you mentioned these two so far on thsi thread.Time for your ''pot, kettle and black'' graphic methinks. Can you teach me how to surf for these useful graphics?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

Thank you for your concern, but I''m not bored.  If you want boring, I could quote you the endless threads and posts about people rubbishing the achievements of the team and manager since the start of the season.  

I usually post because I want to see some positivity amongst all the turgid moaning and groaning of people who can only see the bad side of things.  

[/quote]

I''m sure you could LDC. I''m sure you could. God Bless . I''m off to bed now. Some of us have work in the morning .

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]But Tilly, I really do enjoy seeing the extent of your creativity with Google and YouTube. It was meant as a compliment from someone that really strugglles with the this whole interweb thing.

As for your point of having a pop. I agree this is a bit inexcusable of me to interupt your cogent discusiion of Everton and Moyes. Wait a minute, have you mentioned these two so far on thsi thread.

Time for your ''pot, kettle and black'' graphic methinks. Can you teach me how to surf for these useful graphics?

[/quote]

I questioned some of the content of LDC''s posts on the subject in relation to Hughton,tactics and team selection. I suppose I should be flattered that you pay so much attention to what myself,Nutty and Warren(albeit on other threads) post. Why would that be I wonder ? Ever thought of writing a blog on it ?

After what I''ve learned tonight I don''t think we want to see any images from Louis'' computer or web sites he may google. I''d be a bit wary of him in future.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]How many more threads going over and over and over and over and over the same old theme with just a slightly different spin on the situation. [:@][/quote]How many more posts going over and over and over and over and over

the same old theme with just a slightly different spin on the

situation.

If you are still around Louis what''s with your new signature ? Several posters have got into trouble with Pete for highlighting other posters in their signature. Now you would not want to get in trouble with Pete.....or would you ? [;)]

lake district canary:Very rarely drops players if the team is doing well and doesn''t chop and change for the sake of it.  Tactics are consistent - whether you like them or not - the system that he uses is tried and tested, it just needs the team to step up to the plate and improve the passing and ball control. 

And when the rose tinted spectacles are removed:

Very rarely drops players no matter how they or the team are performing. Tactics are predictable, and easily nullified. Doesn''t sign players who are good at passing, and leaves the players who are best at passing out of the side, and yet expects them to be able to pass and control the ball.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]lake district canary:Very rarely drops players if the team is doing well and doesn''t chop and change for the sake of it.  Tactics are consistent - whether you like them or not - the system that he uses is tried and tested, it just needs the team to step up to the plate and improve the passing and ball control.  And when the rose tinted spectacles are removed: Very rarely drops players no matter how they or the team are performing. Tactics are predictable, and easily nullified. Doesn''t sign players who are good at passing, and leaves the players who are best at passing out of the side, and yet expects them to be able to pass and control the ball.[/quote]

[Y]