Sign in to follow this  
Lappland

Before and now.

For many years until now when I went out to pubs here in Sweden and we started to discuss fotball, people asked me:

-which team do yo support ?

- I support Norwich,I said.

-Why Norwich?,they said (with a smile)

Now when people ask me and I say Norwich, they say:

-Ohhhh Norwich ! I like them.Norwich never gives up,they fight till the end.Huckerby,Mckenzie and Ashton are great players.I hope Norwich will make it because you play fotball in a way that is nice to watch.

Now we are not just an anonymous team in the div 1 anymore(for other people,Young people).Now we are famous and people around the world know who we are.

( Norwich have a great history but I am talking about the last 10 years and I am talking about meetings with people who are 17-28 years old who don´t know about the 80`s etc,etc )

West Brom :

Southampton :

Crystal P :

Norwich City

hello again lappland!

and well said mate.

It must be hard being a over-seas supporter. I can imiagine before we achieved premiership status, (And apart from beating munich) people probably have never heard of norwich abroad.

Norwich? Who are they......?

well, i think we can answer that question tomorrow, dont you!

hello lappland canary, i have visited your lovely country only once, but i thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would love to return some day. i had a week in the beautiful city of stockholm from which i had a couple of trips out to malmo and gothenburg, both well worth visiting. i guess you live quite some distance north of stockholm, but have you ever been there? finally, how many canary fans are there in your part of sweden?

AJ and Stephen ! Nice to hear from you !

Yes it is hard to be an overseas supporter because every time I see Norwich on tv, I always wish I could be there.But someday I will be at carrow road !

Yes I have been to Stockholm,Gothenburg and also Malmö.I think Stockholm is great to visit sometimes but i don´t think I could live there,it is to big.1 milion people lives there.

I live in the north of Sweden and it is about 700 km north of Stockholm. It takes 9 hours by bus or 1 hour by plane to get to Stockholm from here.

Up here in the north I have never met anyone else who support Norwich.My freind´s support Leeds,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool etc etc but I did the right thing when I choosed to support the canaries. I was 13 years old,now I am 29,just turned 29.

At the forum on internet on an swedish fotballsupporter site we are about 10 Norwich supporters and 6 who writes there almost every day.Not so many but I think more swedes will join the canaries.Especially 12-13 years old boys who thinking about which team they will choose for life.

That forum started just before this season so yes Norwich was kind of anonymous.

This season they have showed Norwich 15 times at canal plus channel.Last season when Norwich played in div 1, tv 4 showed one Norwich game and that was it.

On sunday I can see the Fulham-Norwich game on tv too.

I will be very nervous like everyone else who support Norwich.

glad to hear you can watch it!

ill be watching too.

did they show the charlton game? IF they did, bet you went mad when swedish star Svensson scored

Hi, Lappland, for I quite time I thought you were from Finland ''cause your alias seems to be Lappland and because we have Lappland as well thought u truly welcome here from my behalf. Is there Swedish branch of NCFC supporters (Sweden ). In Finland we don''t have. In fact I don''t know anyone else but I''m sure there is some. I have to watch matches from tv too so this exile thing brings me mad sometimes but what can u do. I we''re at selhurst in the away section and have to say I have never experienced anything like that in my life, ice-hockey games'' noise is far from this. So I reckon´, save money and go with our very nice supporters to see some games, money well spent.

Roll on Sunday 

Yes AJ. I went up from my sofa and screamed and danced.It was so important and it was fun for Svensson to make that goal.I also went out to celebrate the victory.

Hi Finncanary ! Actually my blod is half finish.My grandparents imigrated to Sweden.They spoke finish with eachother when I were young, but I haven´t learned any finish,but I am thinking of study finish because of my 50 % finish blod, and I also have a finish surname.

I know that there is an scandinavian supporter organisation for Norwich in Norway, but not in Sweden.We who writes at the swedish forum for Norwich thinking about to start a Swedish supporterclub for Norwich.We are about 10 swedish Norwich supporters at that forum now, but we don´t have a homepage yet.It is just a place were we write.Every one has a nickname and beside our nickname we have a yellow and green Norwich shirt.

We are also thinking about to make a trip to Norwich togheter next season.If you want to visit the swedish forum you can go to: www.svenskafans.se and click on England and then on Norwich.You can write in inglish if you want.You are more than welcome !!

hello again, lappland canary. a belated thanks for your reply to my questions. i dont go on-line every day as i use library computers, so that''s the reason for my delayed response. i expect you''ve been in "mourning" this week just like us here in norfolk, after that dreadful performance at fulham. roll on next season, and let''s hope we can erase the awful memory of this seasons conclusion with a good campaign in the championship league.

Hi Stephen !

It feels better now.Right now I am looking forward to the next season. I really have a good feeling for Norwich chances to get back to premier league.

I think it will be exciting to follow which players we will have next season.A new defender is nessesary I guess.

Hi Lappland and FinnCanary

Its great to here from there are supporters from your great countries I have been to both and love them and the people.

I have some great chats with very interesting people about football and put the case for laceName w:st="on">NorwichlaceName> laceType w:st="on">CitylaceType> and fans, which have been listened to with consideration and interest.

So being a cosmopolitan City we would love you come and watch some football and meet the fans

Tack, Kiitos (Thanks)  

Regards of a Sunny Day Jon