Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Pre-Match Thread: Norwich City vs Aston Villa

Match: Norwich City vs Aston VillaGround: Carrow RoadReferee: -Unknown- (Will be Updated when announced)Recent MeetingsLoss: Norwich City 1 Aston Villa 2 - 04 May 2013

(Prem)Loss: Norwich City 1 Aston Villa 4 - 11 Dec 2012 (Capital One Cup)Draw Aston Villa 1 Norwich 1 - 27 Oct 2012 (Prem)Win Norwich 2 Aston Villa 0 - 13 May 2012 (Prem)Notable Recent SigningsLibor Kozak - (Centre Forward) 6 millionJores Okore - (Defender) 4 million (Injured)Antonio Luna (Defender) 2 millionBenteke (Extended Contract) Recent ResultsWin - Arsenal 1 - Aston Villa 3Lose - Chelsea 2 - Aston Villa 1Lose - Aston Villa 0 - Liverpool 1Lose - Aston Villa 1 - Newcastle 2Well. He''s back again. Lambert that is of course.I''ve watched 2 of the 4 Villa games so far. The Chelsea one and the Arsenal one. The others I''ve only caught highlights. Was extremely surprised to see them lose to a poor Newcastle outfit after being very impressed with them in their games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.They had plenty of chances to get points from Liverpool and were robbed at Chelsea. My main worry is the pace they have on the counter.Benteke is picking up exactly from where he left of and Agbonlahor will once again be a lethal force against us.However... Villa''s clean sheet record is appalling (Cough Lambert Cough). With our decent home form, I can''t see us not scoring. Add in some brilliant Carrow Road atmosphere I have a feeling this will be well worth the early kick off slot.This will be another big game. We all know the recent history between the two clubs and whether you agree with it or not there is a growing voice of irritation at the way Hughton goes about getting us points.One thing is for sure... if we lose. This Forum Will Explode. It''s gonna be messy but it should great game.

My Team                                      RuddyWhittaker Turner Bassong OlssonRedmond Fer Howson Pilkington                  Hooper              WolfswinkelFor Me... I''m going for another 2-2 at Carrow Road.Benteke and Agbonlahor for Them. Pilkington and Hooper for us.Prediction: Norwich 2 Aston Villa 2

Well Reading, it''s good to read one of your posts I agree with again. Your predicted goal scorers for us would be a great boost for everyone. Will Hooper get a run out? I have always thought that with a bit of luck Hooper could be our saviour this year.

Our squad is every bit as good as Villa. I hope that our management have convinced them of this and we play to the quality we have. I live in hope.

How much is the Lambert thinig still an issue do you think? Majority of the players are now Hughton signings, so cant think its too big a deal for many of the players. How much of the fan base have moved on now, and for how many is Lambert still Judas?  Is this just another game now? Or is the Lambert thing still important?

I think we''ll win this. Fer will be the difference - nullifying the runs of Gabby from midfield. Olsson needs to start, ran out of patience with Garrido. Same with Snodgrass.

Stop Gabby and Benteke (which I think Bassong is capable of) stop Villa.

I think that starting XI is pretty close to what I''d have - for sure, Olsson must be close to getting a game and I think we need his pace against Villa''s counter-attacking; IMO he should be our No1 l-b. Redmond on the right is also putting him in his (supposed) favoured role and Snoddy just doesn''t seem to have been at his best yet this season; moving Redmond allows Pilks back in the side, also spot-on for me.

The only real change I might make is Russ for Whittaker, not that Whitts as done much wrong.

I reckon it will be 2-1 City, with Hooper and RvW scoring....just annoyed that I can''t go this week.

[quote user="ridgeman"]The problem for me is that nobody has mentioned how fantastic Villa are do we leave that for Highton to do.[/quote]Fantastic as in just lost to Newcastle?