Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Van Wolfswinkel as the #10?

I''m wondering whether if Van Wolfswinkel''s complete lack of service continues we might see him given a go in the #10 role. 
You can''t have a player of that quality spend 90 minutes with seven touches of the ball or whatever it was. With Hooper to come back and Elmander looking well of the pace / not brilliant in the #10 role, just wonder whether we might see Hooper and RVW together. 
Wolfswinkel can score from distance afterall. He doesn''t necessarily need the ball plonked at his feet in the six yard box, whereas Hooper is more of a fox in the box type player? 
When watching vids of RVW''s Lisbon goals he seemed to always be smashing the ball in from 20 to 30 yards. Watching vids of Hooper''s Celtic goals and he seems to score most of his from just outside the 6 yard box.
RVW is decent enough with his link up play and passing, seems to be able to keep possession, whereas Elmander has played #9 for his last two clubs and for the international team. 
Could this all be part of the plan? To play RVW and Hooper together? Would make more sense to me than to have one of those two quality strikers on the bench and Elmander on the pitch playing out of position - would make more sense for Elmander to be used as a sub #9? 

TNB,Watch the Wolf''s movement off the ball - he is a predator who knows where to find space and where to be positionally. The problem we have is that we are unable to pass to him when he is in a good position. Rather than trying to force a square peg (the Wolf) in to a round hole (our system), I suspect that we are going to either need to change the sytem or simply not play him because at the moment, we might as well be better off with playing no forwards and having four central midfielders.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]TNB,

Watch the Wolf''s movement off the ball - he is a predator who knows where to find space and where to be positionally. The problem we have is that we are unable to pass to him when he is in a good position. Rather than trying to force a square peg (the Wolf) in to a round hole (our system), I suspect that we are going to either need to change the sytem or simply not play him because at the moment, we might as well be better off with playing no forwards and having four central midfielders.
[/quote]

Surely the system must change Louis because at the moment we must agree that Hughton has bought the bullets with RVW,Hooper and Redmond together with Elmander but has yet to work out how to load the gun.                                                                                             By the way whatever happened to your new signature you put up the night before last ?

Til,Agreed - let''s hope that CH believes this too and has a plan.As for my signature, didnt you warn me off? By the way, I preferred your multi-storey car park signature.