Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Alan Lee begs for forgiveness !

Haha well of course he is going to say that, think of Tierney! He was one of the few players to give a damn in that horrible season and he gave a 100% good luck to him as he closes out his carrer

I remember Alan Lee’s first game well, it was Birmingham away. It was a good day, a typical Capital Canaries train trip with plenty of beer and a decent 1-1 draw as well. I think he had an early chance which was missed but after that he put himself around quite a bit and gave 100% for the team. He looked knackered with around 20 to go but Gunny kept him on, more I think as he was doing well at defensive set pieces as City were under quite a bit of pressure towards the end of the game.

Even in the final day debacle at Charlton he was still giving it everything and I’m sure he was one of the few players that ventured close to the away end to clap us at the end of the game.

"Alan Lee is one of us, one of us, one of us,

Alan Lee is one of us...etc" ;) but now I guess he doesn''t, and isn''t.

Really liked him as a player; had that ''Holty'' thing going on. Pantomime villain when against you, but always seemed to make things happen. I remember being disappointed when we didn''t sign him and he went to Palace (think?!) ...we got some bloody carthorse I seem to remember thinking - watching Holt''s first outing :)

Good luck to the guy.  Ipswich are no longer rivals to us.  Some people forget footballers are professionals and sometimes want to look after their families.

I also remember it was a choice between his and Grant Holt''s signature later that summer.

We have all moved on from those days and I hope he makes a few quid before he retires.

I think that is very mild, no more than acknowledging the rivalry that existsbetween the fans and how they might now see him - as would we were it the other way round .................... none of the kind of sh ite we heard from Fabian Winless and othersas to his time here, I can''t think anyone would have much to complain about, gave it his all and that''s about all you can ask forwhich I''m sure he will do now he''s back at poorman road - but it is a measure of how bad things are at the workhouse that he has registered as a player to cover their paper thin squadmy suggestion to him would be to make sure he is paid on time, as the paupers don''t have a very good record with other folks money

....at the time I was running a pub/restaurant in N.Essex/Suffolk. He and his wife (and Alan Brazil) were very regular customers. His wife on numerous occasions told me he loved Norwich and loved playing for us and was desperate for a contract.

I thought Lee was a decent professional and always gave his all for us. Hated his guts when he played for the Binners, particuarly when he scored in front of the Barclay in the 2.2 draw.

Suspect that his signing shows more about the perilous state of the ITFC finances than anything else. He was almost finished when he came to us!  

Where are the forum police moaning about a thread related to a former player and how it''s time to move on? Maybe their Midol kicked in and the cramping isn''t so serious this month.