Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

When Hughton goes...

I think you will find that hoddle was a great England manager and is doing rather well in Spain. But because I am sure that you know that.

I have been a season tick for c. 35 years and this is awful

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]I don''t think the club should bother choosing a new manager when they sack Chris Hughton, but rather they should just consult this site to see what is the most popular suggestions from the tactical geniuses who regularly share their footballing expertise.I know, I know, that''s a ridiculous idea, but let''s look at pros and cons logically for one moment.Pros - 1. If we weren''t to employ a manager that extra money could be ploughed back into the club which would mean we could, with luck, meet the wage demands of Fabio Quagliarella and his thread could be kept going indefinitely.2. It would hopefully stop the person/persons who feel the need to upload the same scene from ''Downfall'' 6 times a week to YouTube, changing the subtitles and then dedicating a link to it on the message board from doing so.3. We might start to employ a formation something along the lines of a kamikaze 3-1-5, which will increase the entertainment levels as there are bound to be goals. And after all football is supposed to be entertaining.4. Colin Calderwood will no longer have any say in team tactics (unless of course my suspicion that he is Wiz is confirmed).5. It''s better than getting Gary Megson back.6. The fans would have a genuine say in what goes on at the club, instead of the marginalisation of their opinion that has been subtly happening since Robert Chase was so masterfully ousted by hordes of rampaging supporters in the mid 1990''s.7. This model has been used successfully, which included a promotion, by the mighty Ebbsfleet United from 2008 to earlier this year.Cons - 1. 95% of people on here seem to lack even the basic understanding of what their expectations for a football club the size of Norwich City should be. The other 5% seem to be on a windup.So there we have it, the pros far out weigh the cons. It''s settled then, Chris Hughton should be sacked in the morning and the next Norwich City manager should be (drum roll).............................................. the Pink''un message board.Somebody let McNally know. [:D]

[/quote]

You have just completely contradicted your own point, this comment is just a bullsh.. as the ones you''re sla66ing off. It is obvious that you disagree with most peoples opinions but forums are mainly used for debate anyway. If you had such a wide and in depth knowledge of football yourself and think most people on this forum are wrong, why bother making your own account? Why not take your opinions where someone will take them into consideration? The answer is because you probably have the same amount of knowledge as most people on here, and people rate your expertise on football the same as many others on here.

Nobody has to be an expert to think about what manager they would want for the club and why. Everyone on here clearly follows Norwich and they would also know a 3 1 5 formation only adds up to 9. So before you start criticizing others about their opinions, take a moment to think about your own.[/quote]

I try and make a serious suggestion about how the club is run and am met by a tirade of abuse and a critique of my mathematical skills. It''s not my fault I have numerical dyslexia. You know what you''ve said there is probably discrimination. I would also like to know how I have contradicted myself and do you even understand the definition of the word? Also responding to a post which (allegedly) criticizes all who post on the message boards by criticizing the poster is ironic genius. My hat off to you sir. [:P]

Well thank goodness this club is run by our chairman and CEO. Both demand we aim for the highest as they and many others in walks of life have and do.

If the coaching staff don''t perform, they will be out pretty damn quick and quite rightly so and which club(s) will be keen to sign them up mmmm?

Hoots admitted last season, he is still learning the ropes of management. His signings have been really good but coaching and more importantly, man-management? Ooh not so sure.

If he is judged to have failed then a name that no one utters? I say again, just for another angle, Ewe Rosler.

Evenin''all

"His signings have been really good"

the signings, I would suggestit is much more a collabaration with the scouting network and the board nowadays

Rosler could be good

Perhaps we need to change the coaching staff. But that won''t happen

I know for a fact that they set up to be nil nil at 88 mins and then hope for a sneaky win or keep a draw. Rather than giving it a go earlier.

Hope I am wrong and we thump villa etc

[quote user="yellow_belly"]Rosler could be good Perhaps we need to change the coaching staff. But that won''t happen I know for a fact that they set up to be nil nil at 88 mins and then hope for a sneaky win or keep a draw. Rather than giving it a go earlier. Hope I am wrong and we thump villa etc[/quote]

You know for a fact eh? Actually I don''t think you do.

As for Hoddle, the man is almost as mental as you. The only positive contribution that idiot could make would be to dress up in a giant canary outfit and breakdance in the centre circle during half time.  

You be a dirty binner now F off and take your meds.   

Deary me Brightside, that''s a poor response.

Seems to me those who express an opinion that hints of criticism of the present coaching is either ridiculed or subject to ignorant personal abuse.

BTW City1st I agree with your observation re our signings during the current reign

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Deary me Brightside, that''s a poor response. Seems to me those who express an opinion that hints of criticism of the present coaching is either ridiculed or subject to ignorant personal abuse. BTW City1st I agree with your observation re our signings during the current reign[/quote]

Yellow_belly wasn''t expressing an opinion, he said he was expressing a fact about our tactics that was idiotic, for that he deserves to be ridiculed.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Deary me Brightside, that''s a poor response. Seems to me those who express an opinion that hints of criticism of the present coaching is either ridiculed or subject to ignorant personal abuse. BTW City1st I agree with your observation re our signings during the current reign[/quote]

Firstly there was no opinon. He stated something that quoted as a fact which I beleive to be wrong. If you are going to state something so idiotic as fact then be prepared to be flamed for it.

Secondly are you honestly saying that someone who champions Glen Hoddle for our manager is not either a bit  mental or a binner on a wind up?

Lastly who died and made you lord of the message board - lighten up.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Deary me Brightside, that''s a poor response.

Seems to me those who express an opinion is either ridiculed or subject to ignorant personal abuse.

BTW City1st I agree with your observation re our signings during the current reign[/quote]

Changed it for you Bury[Y]

And you''re not always adverse to that practice...

[quote user="yellow_belly"]Rosler could be good

Perhaps we need to change the coaching staff. But that won''t happen

I know for a fact that they set up to be nil nil at 88 mins and then hope for a sneaky win or keep a draw. Rather than giving it a go earlier.

Hope I am wrong and we thump villa etc[/quote]

How the he!! Do you " know for a fact " ? What an idiotic statement.

Absolutely brilliant idea. Why wait ''til Villa. Do the deed now. Appoint an ex

NCFC player for sentimental reasons, or a foreign manager because they have a

sexy name, and what could possibly go wrong. We play attacking, suicidal

football, we lose most of our remaining games, get relegated, our best players

leave, we get relegated again, and then we go into administration and football

heaven. Or,  we could do it the Man Utd way, have patience and faith in

our manager, allow him time to develop a good team with still limited resources,

and results and a decent style of play with follow.Some people need to

get real. CH knows what needs to be done and will get it sorted.

Most long term fans I''ve canvased seem to come up with the same line:

They don''t want Hughton sacked but don''t expect any improvement.

What does that mean? Oxymoronic opinions surely?

Well it means the problem is elsewhere maybe? I mean Bas, when anybody would be better than Worthy the long term fans seemed to be in agreement. And then when nobody was actually better than Worthy these long term fans seemed in agreement that it was Delia''s fault. But when Delia changed the Exective Directors things changed. So I reckon the long suffering long term fans will have to wait a while before Delia gets to the bottom of this one for them....

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]First of all, I''d try and get Lambert back. Obviously that wouldn''t happen, so my 2nd choice would be Malky. 3rd choice would be Harry Redknapp.[/quote]

Malky is Hughton mk2. Hoof hoof hoof.

Hi Nutty. Just returned to board after Mass.

Thanks for the editing job. I must learn not to contribute whilst taking Holy Communion!!

BTW Did you see that Brightside accused me of thinking I am Lord of the Board and that no has died. First part ironic second part is a dangerous assumption. Onwards and upwards for a victory against Villa

City1st wrote the following post at 18/09/2013 10:44 PM:

"His signings have been really good"

the signings, I would suggest

it is much more a collabaration with the scouting network and the board nowadays

What makes you sat that City 1st?

Is it an attempt to devalue good things apparantly done by Mr Hughton, do you have inside knowledge into the way these things work at our club, are you forming an opinion based knowledge you have from other clubs?

I would be interested to know.