Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

When Hughton goes...

I believe that hughton will go if we lose to villa and the cup game.

If he does go... I think hoddle would be an inspired choice! Although I doubt he would come here

What do you think?

Glenn Hoddle? Seriously?

My honest opinion of this is you''re trolling us :)

I really don''t think Hughton will be sacked this year, unless we have a really bad run.

I think that this is todays best post, there are so many subtle nuances that at first my head started to spin, when I''d finally managed to take it all in I was breathless.

You should do a blog or start a Facebook group, have you considered getting a Twitter account, alternatively you could write this insight on a piece of paper take a picture of it with your smartphone and then post it on your Instagram page.

Haha

But my serious point was...

We have some exciting talent at the club but we do not utilise it correctly. Fast passing, forward running, crossing, goal! Simples

We could improve with a manager that a) is more attack minded b) can coach c) can attract and maintain talent and d) is less boring to watch. Be honest we are looking like a relegation team at present, and awful away from home

I am not convinced by the manager or coaching staff. But I hope I am wrong

Yep I can see your point yellow_belly.

I will throw in a name, Uwe Rosler, Brentford''s Manager. I say no more and will get my coat.

Apologies to the all knowing all seeing Professor of Nuts

I haven''t thought about it to be honest. It would be interesting to hear other poster''s opinions......

[quote user="yellow_belly"]Haha

But my serious point was...

We have some exciting talent at the club but we do not utilise it correctly. Fast passing, forward running, crossing, goal! Simples

We could improve with a manager that a) is more attack minded b) can coach c) can attract and maintain talent and d) is less boring to watch. Be honest we are looking like a relegation team at present, and awful away from home

I am not convinced by the manager or coaching staff. But I hope I am wrong[/quote]Yup.Picking up 3 points against Southampton (and a clean sheet)Picking up 1 point against a decent Everton side (plus 2 goals, one for the lad Ricky)2 disappointment away performances (one against a top 6 side)Relegation stamped all over it./Sarcasm We don''t play nice football... but it does get us results. To say we look relegated 4 games in...

There is a major differen between playing negative football and not getting the results we need (Stoke last year for example)andPlaying negative football and still picking up points.I don''t think anyone enjoys watching the football away from home, but that''s something which hopefully after 10 games in we will see a development in.Sacking the manager is just ludicrous though, especially after we gave him £30 odd million to build his team.

I don''t think we look relegation material just yet. Whilst we were against a top 6 side on Saturday, it doesn''t alter the fact that we just didn''t try. Nothing happened. It''s like we weren''t even there. More concerning was our performance against Hull with them having one less player on the field. Again, we should''ve just boarded the coach for home at half time because again, nothing happened.

If we''re anywhere from 17th or below come November/December I think CH is gone. We play poor football and we are a team with good footballers. We don''t need to play bad football yet he insists on it.

I don''t think sacking Hughton now is even in McNally''s thinking. I do think CH''s card is marked though. A few more away performances like the previous two and I expect something might be said, which wouldn''t be unreasonable.

Let''s not forget, everyone was shocked when Newcastle sacked Hughton, but the Chief Exec said they did so to change the mentality of the changing room and of the football they were playing. Says it all.

[quote user="yellow_belly"]Haha But my serious point was... We have some exciting talent at the club but we do not utilise it correctly. Fast passing, forward running, crossing, goal! Simples We could improve with a manager that a) is more attack minded b) can coach c) can attract and maintain talent and d) is less boring to watch. Be honest we are looking like a relegation team at present, and awful away from home I am not convinced by the manager or coaching staff. But I hope I am wrong[/quote]

Coaching - how do you know Hughton cannot coach?  And aren''t the Coaches employed by the club employed specifically to do that? 

Attracting talent - after the signings that have been made this summer, I can only assume that either

a) you don''t think the players bought in are talented

b) the players came despite Hughton being the Manager

c) you''re trolling...badly...

Looking like a relegation team already - I''d lump whatever you can on us going down then...  thank goodness we''re not someone like Sunderland or Palace eh, I dread to think what we''d look like then after just four games...

"Row D Seat 7"First of all, I''d try and get Lambert back. Obviously that wouldn''t happen, so my 2nd choice would be Malky. 3rd choice would be Harry Redknapp.

You quite rightly moan about Hoddle but then come up with these three names!?

Martin O''Neil for me. Lamberts idol could turn into one of his PL rivals, that would be interesting. Was unfairly sacked from Sunderland if you look at Di Canios record. Posses the same type of attacking football that Lambert had and a genuine all round nice man and top professional. He would be a great signing in my eyes, but what I deem to be good others won''t so I''m already expecting people to shoot me down on this forum and reply with input such as "I think i''d prefer Roeder" People like that sarcastically slag off the OP but their own post is ten times as worse IMO.

Martin O''Neil and Arry.... dear god the club really is heading down the toilet if it wants to replace Hughton with a manager who has gone stale or a cockney chancer....

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Martin O''Neil for me. Lamberts idol could turn into one of his PL rivals, that would be interesting. Was unfairly sacked from Sunderland if you look at Di Canios record. Posses the same type of attacking football that Lambert had and a genuine all round nice man and top professional. He would be a great signing in my eyes, but what I deem to be good others won''t so I''m already expecting people to shoot me down on this forum and reply with input such as "I think i''d prefer Roeder" People like that sarcastically slag off the OP but their own post is ten times as worse IMO.[/quote]We''ve had O''Neil already. During his prime.He''s not the manager he once was

[quote user="yellow_belly"]I believe that hughton will go if we lose to villa and the cup game. If he does go... I think hoddle would be an inspired choice! Although I doubt he would come here What do you think?[/quote]

Appoint a man who claimed the disabled were only getting their just payback via karma for a past life..........yeah right.[:@]

I don''t think the club should bother choosing a new manager when they sack Chris Hughton, but rather they should just consult this site to see what is the most popular suggestions from the tactical geniuses who regularly share their footballing expertise.I know, I know, that''s a ridiculous idea, but let''s look at pros and cons logically for one moment.Pros - 1. If we weren''t to employ a manager that extra money could be ploughed back into the club which would mean we could, with luck, meet the wage demands of Fabio Quagliarella and his thread could be kept going indefinitely.2. It would hopefully stop the person/persons who feel the need to upload the same scene from ''Downfall'' 6 times a week to YouTube, changing the subtitles and then dedicating a link to it on the message board from doing so.3. We might start to employ a formation something along the lines of a kamikaze 3-1-5, which will increase the entertainment levels as there are bound to be goals. And after all football is supposed to be entertaining.4. Colin Calderwood will no longer have any say in team tactics (unless of course my suspicion that he is Wiz is confirmed).5. It''s better than getting Gary Megson back.6. The fans would have a genuine say in what goes on at the club, instead of the marginalisation of their opinion that has been subtly happening since Robert Chase was so masterfully ousted by hordes of rampaging supporters in the mid 1990''s.7. This model has been used successfully, which included a promotion, by the mighty Ebbsfleet United from 2008 to earlier this year.Cons - 1. 95% of people on here seem to lack even the basic understanding of what their expectations for a football club the size of Norwich City should be. The other 5% seem to be on a windup.So there we have it, the pros far out weigh the cons. It''s settled then, Chris Hughton should be sacked in the morning and the next Norwich City manager should be (drum roll).............................................. the Pink''un message board.Somebody let McNally know. [:D]

I personally think CH is doing the job which is asked of him... sure we all disappointed by the away performances.

Success and failure of a football side is always subjective, and everyone always wants to go one better [Charlton fans]. Currently the football on show, is poor [Blames the ex Leeds players for that].

I believe if your looking for realistic chances of CH leaving his post without us being sacked it will be a move upstairs to a director of football to oversee Neil Adams promotion from academy to first team.

If Hughton was to leave...

Malky Mackay perhaps, purely for sentimental reasons.... I wouldn''t want Redknapp or O''Neil, one is not at all suited to our club, the other looks like he has lost his spark.

Rafa Benetez, Jürgen Klopp, Joachim Löw... Dare to dream. The German league seems to be leading the way right now, I would like to see us pinch one of their managers.

Foghorn,

I agree would love a Bundesliga manager, watching the games for a few years you appreciate it''s not particularly brilliant skill involved just optimum decision making Snoddy would need to learn to pass when a pass is on, and Howson would need to learn not to take people on 30 yards from home his own goal...

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]I don''t think the club should bother choosing a new manager when they sack Chris Hughton, but rather they should just consult this site to see what is the most popular suggestions from the tactical geniuses who regularly share their footballing expertise.I know, I know, that''s a ridiculous idea, but let''s look at pros and cons logically for one moment.Pros - 1. If we weren''t to employ a manager that extra money could be ploughed back into the club which would mean we could, with luck, meet the wage demands of Fabio Quagliarella and his thread could be kept going indefinitely.2. It would hopefully stop the person/persons who feel the need to upload the same scene from ''Downfall'' 6 times a week to YouTube, changing the subtitles and then dedicating a link to it on the message board from doing so.3. We might start to employ a formation something along the lines of a kamikaze 3-1-5, which will increase the entertainment levels as there are bound to be goals. And after all football is supposed to be entertaining.4. Colin Calderwood will no longer have any say in team tactics (unless of course my suspicion that he is Wiz is confirmed).5. It''s better than getting Gary Megson back.6. The fans would have a genuine say in what goes on at the club, instead of the marginalisation of their opinion that has been subtly happening since Robert Chase was so masterfully ousted by hordes of rampaging supporters in the mid 1990''s.7. This model has been used successfully, which included a promotion, by the mighty Ebbsfleet United from 2008 to earlier this year.Cons - 1. 95% of people on here seem to lack even the basic understanding of what their expectations for a football club the size of Norwich City should be. The other 5% seem to be on a windup.So there we have it, the pros far out weigh the cons. It''s settled then, Chris Hughton should be sacked in the morning and the next Norwich City manager should be (drum roll).............................................. the Pink''un message board.Somebody let McNally know. [:D]

[/quote]

You have just completely contradicted your own point, this comment is just a bullsh.. as the ones you''re sla66ing off. It is obvious that you disagree with most peoples opinions but forums are mainly used for debate anyway. If you had such a wide and in depth knowledge of football yourself and think most people on this forum are wrong, why bother making your own account? Why not take your opinions where someone will take them into consideration? The answer is because you probably have the same amount of knowledge as most people on here, and people rate your expertise on football the same as many others on here.

Nobody has to be an expert to think about what manager they would want for the club and why. Everyone on here clearly follows Norwich and they would also know a 3 1 5 formation only adds up to 9. So before you start criticizing others about their opinions, take a moment to think about your own.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="yellow_belly"]I believe that hughton will go if we lose to villa and the cup game. If he does go... I think hoddle would be an inspired choice! Although I doubt he would come here What do you think?[/quote]

Appoint a man who claimed the disabled were only getting their just payback via karma for a past life..........yeah right.[:@]

[/quote]You''re getting your payback in this life, you perfidious old curmudgeon.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]stop playing the disabled card all the time and get on with your life