Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Last post from me on fox, but seriously why is he not looking for a loan move?

Doesn''t Hughton want him to leave has he told him to stay and he is part of the team? Yes he is behind fer, Howson, tettey and Johnson... Is he behind Whittaker who can play that role, I would say yes.

His agent needs to be looking at himself as he got him a new deal but will he will not be getting many offers if he doesn''t play for these two years.

Fox should have done what crofts did, I admire crofts, a great midfielder here and he has played each season he left in a competitive Brighton side.

To be honest I now see fox as one picking up his pay cheque and offering not a lot, as he showed in that first prem season.

I guess you have to have interest in the first place. When are clubs going to have the opportunity to see Fox? He doesn''t even play in our cup games anymore. I''d imagine he''s in a difficult position.

Don''t judge on what you don''t know.  Of course he is looking for a loan move, but he can''t force himself on a championship club. 

Don''t see him as that.  A lot of pros just want to play football as that is what they are good at and like doing.

Fox has been an unused sub already this season - Norwich don''t have that many central midfielders so I suspect he is being kept around incase injuries/suspensions strike.

Also, as mentioned above, I doubt a huge amount of clubs are that interested in Fox at the moment due to lack of games recently. It''s not like he had a massive profile before.

Fox will be doing very nicely, picking up his pay cheque and waking up in his own bed (for the next two years). In many ways who can blame him - he won''t be looking for a new contract for 18 months and anywhere he goes from here will be backwards. It is also a squad game these days, whereas I will be very surprised if he plays at all this year we could get a plague of injuries and be looking at a snior player to fill in if only on the bench. Money is no longer so tight that we need him off the payroll, at least until we get someone else in.

Hello Wiz me ol'' mate.
Just to let you know. I''ve just re-turfed my front lawn.  And City1st will be round in his Leyland Sherpa to drive the old sods away.
Cheers see you later.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Fox has been an unused sub already this season - Norwich don''t have that many central midfielders so I suspect he is being kept around incase injuries/suspensions strike.

Also, as mentioned above, I doubt a huge amount of clubs are that interested in Fox at the moment due to lack of games recently. It''s not like he had a massive profile before.

[/quote]

They have been trying to get him out. And I hear he has been hoping for a loan move to be arranged.

But, as you mention, he hasn''t played much football recently. Infact he''s hardly kicked a ball in the last year and a half.

Could also be a wages thing. The Championship''s bigger hitters might not need him and the smaller clubs might not be able to afford him.

"is behind fer, Howson, tettey and Johnson... Is he behind Whittaker who can play that role, I would say yes"
Behind Whittaker as a central midfielder? Is that a joke? 
He should be ahead of Tettey in my opinion, one of the most over rated players I can remember (when applied relatively). He is a mid-table championship standard centre midfielder. 
Nobody at the club at any stage has said that Fox is available for transfer or loan, have they? Hughton played him in pre-season.
We have Johnson, Howson, Fer, Tettey and Fox - there are two spots available in the middle of the park. You don''t want any less than five players there, Fer could do his knee tomorrow, any of those players could break their leg tomorrow. Hoolahan is in competition for the second striker role, not centre midfield. 
We have five players who can play centre back also. We have four players who can play striker. 
Football is squad game and when you distribute 25 squad places over all eleven positions then it is perfectly normal to allocate 5 of them to centre midfielders and 5 of them to centre backs.
When talking about young players who are deemed capable of stepping up we usually mention Loza, the Murphy''s, Morris, and that Algerian centre back. We don''t mention any centre midfielders, and there is no such thing as an emergency loan for a midfielder.
We wouldn''t be able to loan him out with a recall clause because we would have to deregister him from our squad and wouldn''t be able to reregister him until January.
Therefore Fox is needed to make up the numbers, he will probably be available for transfer when we sign another centre midfielder.
Last season we had Surman who could do a job there, and Tom Adeyemi who was under 21 and probably had a recall clause if necessary. Hughton has made the decision to allow those two players to leave, and that makes Fox necessary. The exact same applies with centre back where Elliott Ward and Leon Barnett have left the club, making Daniel Ayala a necessary player to have on the books. 
This year Adeyemi would not have been under 21, meaning that loaning him out with a recall clause was not an option. By insisting Fox leave you are pretty much suggesting that we should leave ourselves short of players should we get an injury or two or suspensions.
It is a squad game, full stop. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]

He should be ahead of Tettey in my opinion, one of the most over rated players I can remember (when applied relatively). He is a mid-table championship standard centre midfielder. 

Nobody at the club at any stage has said that Fox is available for transfer or loan, have they? Hughton played him in pre-season.

[/quote]

I would say the description of "mid-table Championship standard" is more suited to Fox than Tettey.

And they may not have said anything publically but they have definitely tried to get rid.

[quote user="GJP"]

I would say the description of "mid-table Championship standard" is more suited to Fox than Tettey. [/quote]
Tettey is so terrible at anything other than tackling it''s a joke. He looks like a full back being played out of position.  

[quote] And they may not have said anything publically but they have definitely tried to get rid.
[/quote]
And I suppose you have a great reason to believe that which extends way past somebody on twitter seeing him at the airport on the way back to Manchester, where his entire family happen to live? If so.... source please?

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

I would say the description of "mid-table Championship standard" is more suited to Fox than Tettey. [/quote]

Tettey is so terrible at anything other than tackling it''s a joke. He looks like a full back being played out of position.  

[quote] And they may not have said anything publically but they have definitely tried to get rid.
[/quote]

And I suppose you have a great reason to believe that which extends way past somebody on twitter seeing him at the airport on the way back to Manchester, where his entire family happen to live? If so.... source please?

[/quote]

Ok, well you''re miles wide of the mark on the Tettey thing so there''s no point talking about that.

As for the Fox thing, I won''t be revealing how I know that on here. As anyone who reads my posts will know, I rarely post transfer type gossip. Very rarely. If I do it''s because I actually know something.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, well you''re miles wide of the mark on the Tettey thing so there''s no point talking about that.

As for the Fox thing, I won''t be revealing how I know that on here. As anyone who reads my posts will know, I rarely post transfer type gossip. Very rarely. If I do it''s because I actually know something.

[/quote]
1). We can agree to disagree on Tettey. 
2). I''ll believe you. Thousands wouldn''t. 
Fox is one of the top 10 most talented players I''ve seen in the yellow and green in my 22 years of watching. We can agree to disagree on that too. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fox is one of the top 10 most talented players I''ve seen in the yellow and green in my 22 years of watching. We can agree to disagree on that too. 

[/quote]

Good. You should believe me. I''m right.

I think Fox is a good player. I think he''s a very nice passer of the ball. But you have to find a way to accommodate him.

If he''s one of the 10 most talented players you''ve seen play for Norwich then you can''t have seen too many matches or you''re vastly overrating him.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Fox is a good player. I think he''s a very nice passer of the ball. But you have to find a way to accommodate him.

If he''s one of the 10 most talented players you''ve seen play for Norwich then you can''t have seen too many matches or you''re vastly overrating him.

[/quote]
In no particular order.....
Eadie, Bellamy, Huckerby, Ashton, Crook, Bowen, Sutton, Fox, O''Neill, Redmond, Bassong, Hoolahan, Fox.
OK so he is in my top 13. He''s right up there for me in terms of ''talent''. Goalkeepers not included. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
In no particular order.....
Eadie, Bellamy, Huckerby, Ashton, Crook, Bowen, Sutton, Fox, O''Neill, Redmond, Bassong, Hoolahan, Fox.
OK so he is in my top 13. He''s right up there for me in terms of ''talent''. Goalkeepers not included. 
[/quote]
That''s two Fox''s - One named Ruel and one named David. 

[quote user="GJP"]So you''re saying Fox is more talented than Pilkington?[/quote]
Pilkington is a good shout.
Are you saying that Pilkington is the only player you think I''ve missed from the list? 
Safri would perhaps be another, he was massively underrated and hugely missed when gone. Still, that''s only a top 15 isn''t it. How many players have passed through our books in two decades? 
Hopefully by the end of this year I''ll be adding Ricky Van Wolfswinkel to my list. 

McVeigh showed his immense talent for 18 months I suppose, then he got fat, lazy and unmotivated. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="GJP"]So you''re saying Fox is more talented than Pilkington?[/quote]

Pilkington is a good shout.

Are you saying that Pilkington is the only player you think I''ve missed from the list? 

Safri would perhaps be another, he was massively underrated and hugely missed when gone. Still, that''s only a top 15 isn''t it. How many players have passed through our books in two decades? 

Hopefully by the end of this year I''ll be adding Ricky Van Wolfswinkel to my list. 

[/quote]

Nope, I don''t think he''s the only one you''ve missed.

Agree on Safri.

And have no doubt RVW will be on that list. Fer too.

[quote]

And have no doubt RVW will be on that list. Fer too.

[/quote]
I hope so, but there is a long list of excellent players who have had a spell in the Premier League, not shown any more than occasional glimpses of their talent, and then gone and performed again in another league.
Deigo Forlan, Hugo Viana, Karel Poborsky, Mateja Kezman, Alfonso Alves, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Kleberson, Albert Luque, Albert Aquilani, Massimo Maccarone, Serhiy Rebrov, Steve Marlet, Andriy Shevchenko.
Those were all players with a massive profile and with most huge transfer fees. Their stock didn''t take too long to fall. 
With young players.... David Bellion was once "the next Henry", and Bruno Cheyrou was once the "next Zidane", Sean Dundee was "faster than Michael Owen", 
There is also a long list of players who have had a very bad first season and come alive in their second season (and I did say by the end of this season).
This league has as many failures as it does success stories and there is every chance that one or more of our signings in this league this season and in the future will end up on some list of ''100 worst ever Premier League signings''. It is bound to happen at some stage. 
I actually have a feeling that the Italian bloke with 75 pages worth of PinkUn hype would have been a serious contender for the flop. 

Viana has similarities to Fox in that he doesn''t have the physical capabilities for Premiership football. Classy operator, but it''s almost be like playing with 10 men when defending set pieces and general counters. The negatives outweigh the positives.