Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

A Party Political Broadcast... by the Happy Fans Party

Let me just start by saying this is not a Lambert style "you should remember where we were in 2009" post. But it is a plea to all fans to put aside the things they find to complain about for a moment and enjoy being a Norwich City fan. To "re-discover the love" for those that claim to have lost it!

Because make no mistake. This is a golden era for us and some fans really ought to realise it. We have known an unprecedented spell of success in the last 4 - 5 years for a club outside of the ''big six'', we have upset the odds, punched above our weight and put ourselves among the elite of domestic football competitions worldwide. We have invested heavily, attracted exciting national and international talent in to our team, and bought world class domestic football to Norwich.

We are among a small group of teams at the vangaurd of a new wave of clubs who are helping to change the way football operates in this country. I am proud that our club is playing its part in making the EPL a better league by investing responsibly and incrementally, by not over-stretching and getting itself in trouble (which is bad for the whole league), by giving young talent a chance, all while still remembering its role and responsibilities to its local community and to its fans.

What is more, this is a project that is still far from its conclusion and i see no reason why it should not continue to progress given the ingredients that we have put in to it to date. Our club ''works'' - it is harmonious on and off the pitch and in the stands (mostly) and is no longer marred and hobbled by the horrendous disunity that was the hallmark of previous eras.

Given all this, to see people genuinely calling for the manager''s head after a few games of a new season makes me wonder if they really understand what we have done and are trying to do as a club. People have to accept that Hughton is a relatively cautious manager but that he is a highly capable and respected coach and manager who has done what no-one outide the Fine City and many inside ever believed would be done after Lambert''s departure. Sure, he now faces a different challenge - to deliver clear and demonstrable progression for the team. He has invested with a view to doing just that, so for goodness sake, let''s maintain the brilliant environment and atmosphere around the club that has seen us flourish so far, such that he has the best possible chance to achieve that progression. If, come the end of the season it''s another nail biter and we haven''t gone anwyhere, moan then, think about if  a change is needed then. Not now please.  

Instead, chill out, sit back, take a nice glass of Riesling, and smell the roses - life IS good in the football garden of Norwich!

[quote user="a1canary"]

Let me just start by saying this is not a Lambert style "you should remember where we were in 2009" post. But it is a plea to all fans to put aside the things they find to complain about for a moment and enjoy being a Norwich City fan. To "re-discover the love" for those that claim to have lost it!

Because make no mistake. This is a golden era for us and some fans really ought to realise it. We have known an unprecedented spell of success in the last 4 - 5 years for a club outside of the ''big six'', we have upset the odds, punched above our weight and put ourselves among the elite of domestic football competitions worldwide. We have invested heavily, attracted exciting national and international talent in to our team, and bought world class domestic football to Norwich.

We are among a small group of teams at the vangaurd of a new wave of clubs who are helping to change the way football operates in this country. I am proud that our club is playing its part in making the EPL a better league by investing responsibly and incrementally, by not over-stretching and getting itself in trouble (which is bad for the whole league), by giving young talent a chance, all while still remembering its role and responsibilities to its local community and to its fans.

What is more, this is a project that is still far from its conclusion and i see no reason why it should not continue to progress given the ingredients that we have put in to it to date. Our club ''works'' - it is harmonious on and off the pitch and in the stands (mostly) and is no longer marred and hobbled by the horrendous disunity that was the hallmark of previous eras.

Given all this, to see people genuinely calling for the manager''s head after a few games of a new season makes me wonder if they really understand what we have done and are trying to do as a club. People have to accept that Hughton is a relatively cautious manager but that he is a highly capable and respected coach and manager who has done what no-one outide the Fine City and many inside ever believed would be done after Lambert''s departure. Sure, he now faces a different challenge - to deliver clear and demonstrable progression for the team. He has invested with a view to doing just that, so for goodness sake, let''s maintain the brilliant environment and atmosphere around the club that has seen us flourish so far, such that he has the best possible chance to achieve that progression. If, come the end of the season it''s another nail biter and we haven''t gone anwyhere, moan then, think about if  a change is needed then. Not now please.  

Instead, chill out, sit back, take a nice glass of Riesling, and smell the roses - life IS good in the football garden of Norwich!

[/quote]Brough a lump to the throat and tear to my eyeBut could I have a pint of CHB instead of a Riesling please?

Lol - i must admit, i was starting to hear Land of Hope and Glory or some such uplifting orchestral recital in my head as i wrote that!

And yes, insert appropriate beverage - although how anyone couldn''t relax and smile at the world to a cool glass of Riesling is beyond me...

I can only agree with the OP but it''s human nature that plenty of people enjoy a good whinge on internet MBs, both genuine fans and of course some very real trolls.  During the Lambert years there was still plenty of complaining here at every setback. 

Also everyone tends to adapt quickly.  When we were relegated to L1 it was very depressing but the next season was still enjoyable, especially when we started winning.  I still find it hard to believe we''re going into our 3rd straight season in the Prem, for the first time in ages, especially when you look back on the disappointing season we had under Worthy after cruising to promotion.  But it does feel very normal now to be in the top flight and be planning trips to places like Arsenal.