Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Hardest ever player?

Who would people say our hardest ever player is?

In my time I''d have to say Carl Bradshaw. What an animal he was.

I don''t think we''ve really had anyone since. I''m guessing we had a few in the 70s, an era when you were allowed to tackle!

Darrell Russell.

Think he often gets forgotten/underestimated.

If anyone ever went into him a little too hard, a few minuets later they''d be on the deck in a heap.

Malky was pretty rough too. Fairly old school stopper.

Steve Stone from Notts Forest or Zander Diamond graduated from Aberdeen''s youth squad. Cannot get much harder than them ;-)

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Steve Stone from Notts Forest or Zander Diamond graduated from Aberdeen''s youth squad. Cannot get much harder than them ;-)[/quote]
Well if we are talking non-Norwich players then it has to be Julian Dicks, no question. 
Martin Allen was scared of him as a teammate, and Allen''s nickname was ''Mad Dog''! 

Quite a few to pick from in my time,Don PickwickAlan BlackFreddie SharpCarl BradshawTrevor HockeyDuncan Forbesand quite a few more

hard to disagree with Hockey, Forbes or Bradshaw to be honest.

Mark Halsey (?) was another

There is a reason that Trevor Hockey remains a legend to anyone who saw him.   He is unique.  He is remembered warmly and with genuine affection despite playing only 13 games 40 years ago.

When you look at being a legend after 13 games is ridiculous.

But it was earnt.  Trevor Hockey is the hardest, scariest, most fearsome footballer I have ever seen   Or will see because Trevor could not play today.

But the thing that makes him special is his integrity.  It was all in the open.  No Van Persie or Fellaini like elbows off the ball.  No whinging to the ref.  He went in like a man, clear and open and took whatever he got.   Then he got up and did it again!

Trevor played football like a rugby player.  You gave it hard, got it hard and got on with the game.

here he is1m 20 secscracking game that did as much to keep us up as the game at home to Palacewell worth a watch for those not around then to see how the game far more resembled what is played on the local park than it does know

ps for all Johnson''s beard he doesn''t quite capture ''the wild man'' that Hockey wasa true legend in his short time with us

Terry Hurlock played for Millwall and he was hard as nails.......I remember standing at the den watching city get beat 4-2 and the Millwall fans singing "Terrys gonna get ya! Terrys gonna eat ya!"

Another hard player was Graham Roberts for spurs,you didn''t mess with him either!!!!

[quote user="City1st"]here he is1m 20 secscracking game that did as much to keep us up as the game at home to Palacewell worth a watch for those not around then to see how the game far more resembled what is played on the local park than it does know

ps for all Johnson''s beard he doesn''t quite capture ''the wild man'' that Hockey wasa true legend in his short time with us

[/quote]Very nice C1st.Colin Suggett, one of my all time favourites showing his class and also noticed Asa Hartford playing for WBA.Also Ian Mellor running around like a demented giraffe.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]here he is1m 20 secscracking game that did as much to keep us up as the game at home to Palacewell worth a watch for those not around then to see how the game far more resembled what is played on the local park than it does know

[/quote]Very nice C1st.Colin Suggett, one of my all time favourites showing his class and also noticed Asa Hartford playing for WBA.Also Ian Mellor running around like a demented giraffe.[/quote]

Smashing clip!

Commentated on by one of the voices of my childhood from Match Of The Week - Hugh Johns (wasn''t his nicknames Huge Ones?)

Unpretentious, simple commentary - streets ahead of the likes of Peter Drury & Clive Tydesley who are always looking for a clever soundbite or to chuck in some inane fact that has chuff all relevance to the game we''re watching.

Hockey is on heresee if you can name the others in the boxandthis is worth a watchnice skill from Livermore and Stringers cracking goal on 1.30mstop it at 1.34m to see if it should have been disallowedenjoy

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]here he is

1m 20 secs

cracking game that did as much to keep us up as the game at home to Palace

well worth a watch for those not around then to see how the game far more resembled what is played on the local park than it does know

ps for all Johnson''s beard he doesn''t quite capture ''the wild man'' that Hockey was

a true legend in his short time with us

[/quote]

Very nice C1st.

Colin Suggett, one of my all time favourites showing his class and also noticed Asa Hartford playing for WBA.

Also Ian Mellor running around like a demented giraffe.
[/quote]

Great clip. But when did Paul Cheesley become Paul Chesley?

[quote user="City1st"]Hockey is on heresee if you can name the others in the boxandthis is worth a watchnice skill from Livermore and Stringers cracking goal on 1.30mstop it at 1.34m to see if it should have been disallowedenjoy[/quote]
I just want to know how barbers made a living in the Seventies.