Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Q&A re: Villa Tomorrow

All replies attempting to answer these questions welcome.

1 Do you think CH will approach the match differently (line up, pre match and post match comments), personally I think it will be depressingly predictable (Hooper may start in a 1up, off RVW or on the bench), other than that I don''t have confidence that CH will radically alter his style of football, I also think the same will be said post match as Spurs et al in the event of a defeat

2 What do you predict from Watford (an away league cup tie, something NCFC have struggled with) and Stoke (an away match against an improving side)

3 What do predict from Octobers games, personally 2pts from 9 is optimistic, and is the main point that a gap could develop to our near competitors

4 Ditto the final 4 games, fortune is likely to be against us this time

5 Bear all this in mind, in the worse case scenario what would you like to happen and when, personally I would oppose revisiting talk of ''negative football'' as we have known about this problem for some time, I also think protests or knee-jerk responses are not in the best interests of the club (the last thing I would want is a hasty decision and to end up with a Pullis type)

These are the problems that have weighed upon my mind recently, what do other posters think? 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looks like you have raised a few points and then gone and answered them yourself.[/quote]

Isn''t that the best way, on here, sometimes?

1. I think CH will pick a team and formation that he thinks is best suited to win the game.2. I expect a win at Watford and at least a point at Stoke.3. I am expecting 3 points from Octobers games and no gap appearing with our nearest competitors.4. The final 4 games are irrelevant because we will already be safe.5. People will continue to moan as City steadily accumulate points but fail to put the top 6 to the sword.

To clarify...

I am attempting to canvass the opinions of other supporters, fair enough that some posters find it impossible to answer some relatively straightforward questions, if they prefer to resort to sniping and infighting so be it.

I maintain that as a supporter I am not prepared to see all that has been achieved in the last 4 years lost due to complacency.

Alternatively is it a serious suggestion that matches with barely 1 shot on goal are an acceptable level of progress given the unprecedented financial backing given by the club to the first team.

So

If you have a serious opinion and want to put forward a case for it then do so. 

[quote user="CanaryFrom1979"]

Alternatively is it a serious suggestion that matches with barely 1 shot on goal are an acceptable level of progress given the unprecedented financial backing given by the club to the first team.

So

[/quote]

Surely if we have not been making an acceptable level of progress that financial backing would not have been there to give to the first team ?

[quote user="CanaryFrom1979"]

To clarify...

I am attempting to canvass the opinions of other supporters, fair enough that some posters find it impossible to answer some relatively straightforward questions, if they prefer to resort to sniping and infighting so be it.

I maintain that as a supporter I am not prepared to see all that has been achieved in the last 4 years lost due to complacency.

So

[/quote]So what are you going to do about it and how are you going to prevent it. Bearing in mind of course, three teams are relegated every year and their supporters probably feel exactly the way that you do.The truth is of course that apart from half a dozen teams, anyone can be relegated from this league and at some stage we will probably be one of them.

My tupence worth.......

1. No. Predictable formation. Has never radically shaken things up. Substitutions way too late in game. New players not given a chance unless needs must (injuries etc).

2. Watford playing well, so suspect a draw next week. Stoke - loose..just based on away form.

3. I honestly feel we will turn a bit of a corner October, and become stronger as the squad gels.

4. The last four games maybe nothing to fear IF the title and euro places are decided. The top teams may take their foot off the gas and rest top players.

5. Worst scenario is relegation. Confidence last year 4/10 this year 6/10.  I think we have more quality this year and the manager to make progress.

Ricardo may be correct in asserting we will get a point at Stoke; tactics will have to change somewhat for it to be a score draw, however. I suspect that we shall indeed beat Watford but lose narrowly at Stoke with no change in tactical approach.