Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Ruddy Comments

Haven''t seen this mentioned on here today so sorry if it''s already been posted. There was a lot being made of Ruddy''s comments at the weekend. I heard the interview and in that context it didn''t seem the criticism of the rest of the team that posters here have suggested it was. But perhaps I was listening through my yellow and green deaf aid! Anyway, as if by magic the big fella has commented that he''s very happy at Norwich. Once again through my green and yellow glasses I have taken the comments at face value. Am I missing a hidden agenda here?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/exclusive_john_ruddy_on_chelsea_interest_norwich_city_form_and_england_hopes_1_2669550

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Haven''t seen this mentioned on here today so sorry if it''s already been posted. There was a lot being made of Ruddy''s comments at the weekend. I heard the interview and in that context it didn''t seem the criticism of the rest of the team that posters here have suggested it was. But perhaps I was listening through my yellow and green deaf aid! Anyway, as if by magic the big fella has commented that he''s very happy at Norwich. Once again through my green and yellow glasses I have taken the comments at face value. Am I missing a hidden agenda here?

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/exclusive_john_ruddy_on_chelsea_interest_norwich_city_form_and_england_hopes_1_2669550

[/quote]Try playing the interview backwards and all will become clear Nutty.

I don''t think there was ever any ''hidden agenda''. Ruddy just said what he thought, and indeed probably what many people think involved around the football club, be they players, fans whatever. That we could be performing better given slightly less negative tic-tacs.

We play a pretty dour game of football, and Hughton is very much a Steve Bruce type manager.

In the end it all comes down to results, I don''t think it matters what style of football a manager plays, if the results go haywire, they are going to attract criticism. In 2013 our results have been poor enough for the criticism to fester.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/exclusive_john_ruddy_on_chelsea_interest_norwich_city_form_and_england_hopes_1_266955

[/quote]I don''t remember any comments or claims on here that he wasn''t happy at City or that he was unhappy with the rest of the team.Perhaps you imagined all that, or you are merely making up something so as to knock it down rather than address what was actually saidI''m sure you will clarify this ................... with quotes etc

Thanks Danny! It''s hard being a poor old boy down in the blankets. The old yellow and green deaf aid is not what it once was and the yellow and green specs are misted up by all these thoughts of canary yesteryears. But now I''ve cracked the code (you weren''t much help Twitchy buddy, you just confused me so much I''m sure I took two lots of tablets after my cocoa) and it seems Ruddy wanted away in the summer along with Holt. The club wouldn''t let him go. Were they tempted by the roubles or whether more roubles come on the table in January is another matter. But Ruddy has to stay put while Holty gets his move. Holty then criticises the teams style of play. As does Ruddy in a coded message timed to go out during canary call. A few days later Ruddy sends another coded message via the pink un and former PUP mbncfc to say that it''s a fact he wanted to go to Chelsea.

Now I don''t know what to make of all this. The captain and our best player both wanting out in the summer. Wesley seemingly completely out of the picture. Another captain Russell Martin warming the bench even when Hughton sets up defensively to not even try to attack Spurs. I think we can only hope Russell is interviewed before the Villa game so that we can get to the bottom of that one. And should something happens to Johnny Howson I shall smell  more than a little rat.

My yellow and green specs are misting up again. How I long for the days of Keelan, Stringer, Black, Lucas, Brown, Sharpe, Foggo, Bryceland, Manning, Curran, Crickmore.  You knew where you were back in those days......

Quotes City1stbus? Get orf my thread and back to yer quiz!

I had a really vivid dream that this is the team that played and won 4 - 1 against Villa.  I woke up half way through the dream with cramp, but I was really pleased to be able to get it back again as some our attacking play was excellent.  The game was 1-1 until a stunning move of some 17 passes saw Hoolahan pull the ball back to Fer who curled it round Guzan.  The third was a penalty which came from a stunning counter-attack which caught Villa cold and saw Vlaar receive a straight red for a professional foul.  Hooper, who came on for the excellent RVW (who had scored City''s first), rapped things up with a clinical finish from just inside the area.  Hughton did an epic fist pump at the sound of the full time whistle, but walking home you could still here moans and complaints from some of the fans. 

But still some were complaining!  That we had set up too offensively, we should have been more defensive!!!  That had it not been for the red card and (in their opinion) the lucky penalty, that Villa had looked like they could have gone on to win the game.   

It seems that no matter how we play, there will still be those who won''t be happy. 

''You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can''t please all of the people all of the time''                                    

Ruddy

Martin           Bassong          Turner          

Tettey

Redmond                                                                Olsson

Johnson                       Fer

Hoolahan

RVW

It sounded to me like he was being very diplomatic, probably because he wants to keep Chelsea and Mourinho on side, also very respectful to our club. 
There is no player on earth who wouldn''t want to play for Mourinho some day, some where, and for Ruddy he is talking about his boyhood team (the team he and his kids support).
So of course Ruddy would want to go to Chelsea, and of course Ruddy would like to play for Mourinho, but he also knows that he is still young for a keeper and he knows that he needs to be playing every week at this stage of his career with a World Cup in 9 months time.
He isn''t the type to throw his toys out of the pram or force a move before we can get a replacement, and he isn''t the type to want to sit on a bench every week, but he would also be stupid to burn his bridges. 
Chelsea signed Schwarzer instead - that is a very short term solution, and wouldn''t surprise me if they move again at the end of the season. Can see this being Ruddy''s final year. 
If he gets to the World Cup and has good full season here, then he may decide it is time to move on? Money talks, and if he has belief in himself then he won''t see it as being #2 - he will see it as an opportunity to prove himself as worthy of the #1 shirt ahead of Cech.
Cech himself arrived at Chelsea as their #2 keeper. 

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Have a source for that claim CUSDP?

Or is that just something you made up to stir up trouble?[/quote]

Yes thanks. Source is good.

If you search my previous posts you will see I mentioned it before.

I also told nuttys lad after the Everton game.

Not looking to stir trouble, just pointing out the fact. Just like I pointed out last yr when a senior player told the Managment to make an attacking sub but was told to F off.

Ruddy really wanted to go but stayed to try and keep in the England squad for brazil(if we qualify)

I think he will move in the summer because he seems frustrated

Hope I am being negative and wrong. He is great

Otbc

I think he will leave too. Seems like he wants to go.

If he''s happy to sit on the bench behind Cech and Courtois for the next 10 years that''s his prerogative.

It''s common knowledge that Chelsea wanted him to make up the numbers with their home growns. He must know that and if he''s happy with that, then I''m stunned at his greed.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Bws Cat "]Have a source for that claim CUSDP?

Not looking to stir trouble, just pointing out the fact. Just like I pointed out last yr when a senior player told the Managment to make an attacking sub but was told to F off.[/quote]

Thanks Danny. Is that senior player still at the club or did he F off?

Now which lad did you tell. Your buddy suggests I''ve fathered a few including a cat[:S]

Seriously now, I find all this fascinating. Thinking back we haven''t lost many players to clubs with a realistic chance of winning the top division. Phelan and Bruce perhaps, although Man U were hardly contenders back then, but I''d say yes. Sutton to Blackburn? They did win it so yes! Linighan to Arsenal has to be another. Watson to Everton too. And Fashanu to Forest. That''s it I think with Reeves to Man City being borderline. So with Ruddy seeing how the other side lives while on England duty any spark of ambition he may have would surely have been ignited. I wonder if being ignored by England helped keep the great Kevin Keelan at the club for so long.

With the captain and talisman gone. His vice captain warming the bench. And the star player wanting away it could be worrying times indeed.

"it didn''t seem the criticism of the rest of the team that posters here have suggested it was"

where would that have been then nutty ?perhaps you could point us all to the thread(s) where posters were suggesting Ruddy was criticising ''the rest of the team''

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Bws Cat "]Have a source for that claim CUSDP?

Not looking to stir trouble, just pointing out the fact. Just like I pointed out last yr when a senior player told the Managment to make an attacking sub but was told to F off.[/quote]

Now which lad did you tell. Your buddy suggests I''ve fathered a few including a cat[:S]

Seriously now, I find all this fascinating. Thinking back we haven''t lost many players to clubs with a realistic chance of winning the top division. Phelan and Bruce perhaps, although Man U were hardly contenders back then, but I''d say yes. Sutton to Blackburn? They did win it so yes! Linighan to Arsenal has to be another. Watson to Everton too. And Fashanu to Forest. That''s it I think with Reeves to Man City being borderline. So with Ruddy seeing how the other side lives while on England duty any spark of ambition he may have would surely have been ignited. I wonder if being ignored by England helped keep the great Kevin Keelan at the club for so long.

With the captain and talisman gone. His vice captain warming the bench. And the star player wanting away it could be worrying times indeed.

[/quote]

Yes the player is still at the club.

People can doubt me all they want, I''m really not fussed. Just saying what has happened.

This isn''t to provoke or stir.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yes the player is still at the club.

People can doubt me all they want, I''m really not fussed. Just saying what has happened.

This isn''t to provoke or stir.[/quote]

Good man Danny. And so it should be. According to many on here every comment is to provoke or stir. So would you say we have a split in the dressing room or a united front against the manager, coaches and tactics?

I wouldn''t say there''s a massive problem in the dressing room as most of them have just arrived. But you do have to wonder, how long will it be before someone like The Wolf, is frustrated at his none existent service?

I do think there is and has been some discontent. Holt and Tierney both spoke out on there departure, although the latter prob doesn''t carry any wait.

Ruddy did want to leave and his comments were of frustration IMO. We should be believing in ourselves more after acquiring some great signings.

I also believe that Snoddy has previously said the same post match too. Although I can''t specifically remember when.

As for the player that was told to "F off" he''s still here and wanted Jackson to come on for pilks when chasing the game. Instead, Bennett was a straight swap.

It''s interesting stuff.

At the moment, I do feel a bit deflated by it all, but I''m not going to go on about previous managers, wanting Hughton out or potential replacements.

He made some bloody good signings in the summer, let''s give him time to see if he is able to get the best out of them.

Hopefully we will beat villa and Watford and can start gaining some momentum before some bloody hard hard fixtures.

If we wobble in the next 2 I can see the atmosphere changing and things taking a turn for the worse.

"I do think there is and has been some discontent. Holt and Tierney both spoke out on there departure"

Snodgrass and Holt both spoke on Radio Norfolk when they were here, the gist being that ''that''s the way the boss wants us to play etc''what struck me at the time was the leading questions that brought out those responses, as I usually ''switch off'' when players are speaking as it really goes beyond whatever cliche is currently in usedid the local media know something and were following it up ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Bws Cat "]Have a source for that claim CUSDP? Or is that just something you made up to stir up trouble?[/quote] Yes thanks. Source is good. If you search my previous posts you will see I mentioned it before. I also told nuttys lad after the Everton game. Not looking to stir trouble, just pointing out the fact. Just like I pointed out last yr when a senior player told the Managment to make an attacking sub but was told to F off.[/quote]

Seriously now, I find all this fascinating. Thinking back we haven''t lost many players to clubs with a realistic chance of winning the top division. * Phelan and Bruce perhaps, although Man U were hardly contenders back then, but I''d say yes. Sutton to Blackburn? They did win it so yes! Linighan to Arsenal has to be another. Watson to Everton too. And Fashanu to Forest. That''s it I think with Reeves to Man City being borderline. So with Ruddy seeing how the other side lives while on England duty any spark of ambition he may have would surely have been ignited. I wonder if being ignored by England helped keep the great Kevin Keelan at the club for so long.

[/quote]

*Dale Gordon

Haven''t read the others posts on this thread, but have just read the articles with some of Ruddy''s comments. Pretty clear he fancied a move to Chelsea. Saw it as a challenge I suspect, but realistically he wouldn''t really have played that much at all. The odd league cup game maybe.

I suppose his attitude is ''well if you want to keep me here then can we at least try and play the right way that might see us win some games and make it worth my while sticking around''. If those words I''ve just put into his mouth are anything like what he is thinking, then I agree with him.

The way I see Ruddy''s comments is simple:

He wanted to join Chelsea and while guaranteed a starting place here, he knows he is a man in demand and can speak out easier than some other players because he has a lot more going in his favour.

I will be amazed if Ruddy is here next season and I don''t think there is genuine reason for him to stay.

Other players have been more guarded or cryptic in their criticism - for example remember towards the end of last season when Elliot Bennett said ''If we get six draws we''ll stay up'' spoke volumes - from an winger!

I''m glad Ruddy spoke out and I fear he won''t be the last barring a change of attitude and tactics from the current management.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If those words I''ve just put into his mouth are anything like what he is thinking, then I agree with him.[/quote]As you put those words into his mouth, you''d look a right plonker if you disagreed with them.....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]If those words I''ve just put into his mouth are anything like what he is thinking, then I agree with him.[/quote]As you put those words into his mouth, you''d look a right plonker if you disagreed with them.....[/quote]

Only if he disagreed with them...

I couldn''t be bothered to read the post anyway[;)]

I can''t believe what has happened to our club.

Will the last one out switch off the lights.

The players don''t like the manager, the players don''t like the system, the players don''t like the style. Houghton has clearly lost the dressing room, the only time we win is when the players ignore instruction. Where are the board? Where are they? Where are they? We can''t hear them. Why haven''t they made a statement, why haven''t they addressed this disastrous run? Because they''re incompetent. CEO''s have a short shelf life, it needs freshening up, instead it''s back to the Doomcaster scenario. Wasting this premier league money is a far more heinous crime than anything Chase did, once it''s gone, we''re gone.

Houghton out.

Correct spelling will keep us up won''t it?

Hougton (satisfied?) has lost it. Club is in its worst position in living memory and all because of our boards inability to appoint a competent custodian for the most money we''ve ever had.

Houghton out.

I have a very good source close to the club who played at a current v ex players golf day in the summer.

Ruddy told him that, although he almost certainly would have stayed at Norwich anyway, he would have liked the opportunity to have spoken to Chelsea seeing as though they had made an approach for him.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, and glad he wasn''t planning on moving

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]  he would have liked the opportunity to have spoken to Chelsea seeing as though they had made an approach for him.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, and glad he wasn''t planning on moving[/quote]
That''s the problem though. He may have felt that way, but as soon as he walks in that door and sees the digits on the piece of paper, and has five minutes of charismatic Mourinho talk he would be mesmerized and sign the deal. 
How would anybody sit there and turn down Jose Mourinho, and how could anybody sit there with £75000 a week written on a piece of paper and turn it down. 
The club did the right thing, particularly as Chelsea''s offer was so late. If it were early in pre-season then we''d have had time to sign a replacement (Forster for example) and bed them in. The offer came at the wrong time, far too late in the day.