Team vs AVFC to keep people happy

Up front - RVW

Just off - Hooper

Behind - Redmond or Elmander

On the wings - Pilkington and Snodgrass or Redmond

Filling the midfield - Fer

The back four - Olsson, Bassong, Turner and Whittaker

Keeper - Ruddy.

Call me mad but that''s basically playing into the Lambert style of football vs Lambert.

Sensible me would though do....

RVW & Hooper

Pilks, & Redmond

Tettey & Fer (with Fer in front of Tettey/behind the strikers/Tettey supporting defenders) - Diamond with the wingers.

Garrido, Bassong, Turner & Martin

Ruddy

But all fans are mad at the moment, decent players and getting the blend right.

Take the game to Lambert as he can''t defend to save his life. No Johnson or Howson? That''s for the bite.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I reckon this would please the fans a little;

Ruddy

Alves, Pepe, Bassong, Baines

Johnson

Ronaldo, Hoolahan, Bale

Messi, Huckerby[/quote]
I''m not happy with that team. Put Essien in for Johnson and Redmond in for Hoolahan please. Also we need a 10 minute cameo from Grant Holt off the bench. 

Whilst not joining the ''Hughton out'' posse, I am surprised to see people including Johnson in any Norwich team atm.

After travelling to Spurs, I expected to see a decent performance.

Sadly Johnson was the worst I have ever seen him........Hardly touched the ball, unless to give it away to Spurs...Even watched him shirk out of a header challenge (although, in slight fairness, he had already been booked).

If I see Johnson start this weekend against Villa, then I will, sad to say, give serious thought to joining the ''Hughton out'' posse. Surely Hughton saw how bad he was, and needs to be dropped for at least 1 game.

Of course, if he does start, and plays a blinder, then I will deny all knowledge of this post and pretend my account must have been hacked ;)

Ruddy

Martin   Turner   Bassong   Olsson

Redmond  Howson  Pilkington

Fer   Elmander

Hooper

Bench..... Bunn  R.Bennett  Garrido  Hoolahan  Tettey  RVW Snodgrass

Slightly different to the normal, but maybe that''s why I am not the manager.

OTBC

For me we need to change things, and I would completely agree with Hairy Canary.

Hooper is fit and looked deadly in pre-season, RVW needs to be dropped for a game - he shouldn''t be a dead cert starter regardless. Elmander has played well enough to keep his place.

I''d perhaps be tempted to go more 4-4-1-1 though with Hooper playing off Elmander, Fer and Howson in the center

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m fairly sure there''s already a thread for this.[/quote]

And people decided to post on this one.

Don''t think we need your kind of forum policing.We will post where we want and think relevant.Thanks for wasting your time though ;)

Elmander was appalling against Spurs and not great against Southampton either. Personally I hope to see neither Elmander or Johnson in the team on Saturday.

That said at least the first offers some goal threat so if one of them does start I would prefer it to be him. Johnson needs a rest.

[quote user="AJ"]

RVW needs to be dropped for a game - he shouldn''t be a dead cert starter regardless. Elmander has played well enough to keep his place. [/quote]

Elmander dominated League 2 Bury but hasn''t really done much against Premier League opposition.

Can''t see how he gets to keep his place but RVW doesn''t.

Having Pilks in the team from the start will make a huge difference. Our dip in form and min-revival coincided with his presence in the team. The question is, if he starts who will make way on (Redmond or Snoddy) or will CH play one of these three in the Elmander role instead? I think Pilks is easily good enough to play this free role.

--------Ruddy-------

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Pilkington Fer Hoolahan Redmond

---------RVW----------

---------Hooper--------

Who is the fastest out of Whittaker or Martin?

RVW deeper so he can be in the game, Hooper as a willing runner. we''re at home, so dont think we need a defensive midfielder alongside Fer. let Fer do the destroying, but when he wins the ball he will be able to do something with it rather than give it away. Hoolahan has played ok at centre-mid before. No he doesnt have the physcial presence, but he tries had and positioning is good. Cant see how this can be any less effective than any of our other CMs at the moment. Think we should be looking to dominate possession in this one as we''re at home, therefore dont think we''d miss a defensive midfielder alongside Fer. let him do that job

Well I wont be happy if we start with two pure strikers, that is for sure, But you can''t please everyone.

I personaly want to see either Hoolahan or Howson front of Fer and preferably Tettey and mayby Redmond on right and Pilkington on left. RvW ofc at the peak.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m pretty sure there''s already a Hairy Canary too![/quote]

How the heck did it allow me to have the same name......Stoopid system.

I''d go for a 4-2-2-2 formation this being my team

Ruddy

Whittaker; Martin; Bassong; Olsson

Howson; Fer

Redmond; Pilks

RVW; Hooper!!

We''ve simply got to go for it! If hoppers still not fit then maybe injury is more serious than bruising??

/| wolfswinkel |\Dream on - way to narrow against a Villa team which plays 4-3-3 and with three speedy forwards.Of your midfield 4, only one can tackle - we would simply be overrrun.

I would bring in Tettey to partner Fer (instead of BJ) and I would try Pilks in the Elmander role instead keeping Snoddy and Redmon on the wings (although personally, I would switch them across). Howson simply cant play CM, he is not robust enough

This Howson thing is a complete mystery. He was bought to play in the PL. He''s not a winger so if he''s not robust enough to play central midfield do we stick him up front?

Wonder where Lambert intended him to play. Maybe CUSDP knows...

Purple,I honestly think that this is the team we will see on Saturday give or take Olsson. Surely he has to react to the Spurs game and this will mean dropping at least a couple of players.

First of all saying Hooper looked deadly in pre-season is a bit of an overstatement. He looked half decent probably on a par with Vaughan''s pre-season last year.

Also many people wanting both Hooper and RVW involved yet still trying to push them into the 4-2-3-1. Surely if we play both why not just revert to 4-4-2 and have them both dropping deeper to collect the ball alternately when it''s convenient? It would make them harder to mark and give two different threats upfront.