Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

'Lambert would do a better job'

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]---- ellis206: You can''t compare last season with the season before, different teams in the league and different players. Lambert finished with more points. ---- ellis206: Lets not forget the squad Lambert inherited with a £24m striker etc, spent another £30m on this squad, and still finished below Hughtons Norwich who''s squad was probably about £20m in total. So you say you can''t compare things, then you go and compare... what a load of junk as usual.[/quote]

Not very bright really are you.... You can compare Norwich vs Lamberts Villa last year because we were playing the same teams in the same league......

My point is, as you obviously failed to notice it, is you can''t compare Lamberts Norwich and Hughtons Norwich because its a different year with different teams etc.

You can compare Hughtons Norwich vs Lamberts Villa because they are directly competing and please tell me how Lambert has come up trumps vs Hughton??

-- ellishit206: My point is, as you obviously failed to notice it, is you can''t compare Lamberts Norwich and Hughtons Norwich because its a different year with different teams etc.

Well you can compare them, what is stopping you? People compare sides all the time. Maybe you can''t because you can''t see beyond your blinkered specs Mr Sheep. DIfferent squads have different expectations.

--- ellishit206: You can compare Hughtons Norwich vs Lamberts Villa because they are directly competing and please tell me how Lambert has come up trumps vs Hughton??

Well in the terms of comparisons, we will have a far better example this season, as both managers have now spent around the same amount of cash on their squads, and both had time to build their squad.

--- nutty nigel: Foggy.. I''d like to compare the quality of your posts under Lambert and your posts under Hughton. How can I do this?

You''ll have to make some kind of ranking system and basing them on some form of criteria, perhaps:

Statistical basis

Humour

Interest

Typos and Spelling

Relevance to the debate

Offence caused

Factual basis

Length of post

I am sure the Hoot me will come up trumps!

Gonna throw this out there...

All the people calling for Hughton''s head are still desperately bitter about Lambert leaving.

[quote user="Nicko"]Gonna throw this out there... All the people calling for Hughton''s head are still desperately bitter about Lambert leaving.[/quote]

I think they should all meet before the game in the Nelson for a pint of bitter.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Find it strange how some think Lambert would have done a better job.

He inherited a squad at Villa which cost just short of 200m, spent a further 30m and still finished below us.

Yet he would have done a better job than Hughton? Despite NOT doing a better job than Hughton in a team with higher value?

Makes sense.....

[/quote]And how many of those expensive original players did he play at Villa? They were all in the reserves or the bench as it''s clear they wanted to reshape the squad from top to bottom. On the side note, I wonder if we would have Benteke if Lambo stayed?