Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Could Lambert be Hughtons polar opposite?

I just read his pre match comments. He speaks so positively before games, talks about going and winning a game. God I miss that! I know he''s gone and there''s nothing that''s going to change that, but I really wish Hughton was even half as positive. Lambert remains my favourite City manager, the belief he gave to both the players and the fans was unbelievable. I hope no one is stupid enough to boo him tomorrow, if things carry on like they have been then its Hughton that would deserve the abuse!

I don''t think Hughton will be allowed to play anything less than attack minded against Villa tomorrow. We''re a good team in the best domestic league in world football. We have international players. Norwich should at least be having a go at every team they face. I think fans would rather see us have a go and get thumped than play needless defensive football where we can''t even string two passes together.

Four games played this season but can you just remind me what his positivity has done for Villa in their last three games ?

No, they both do boring post match interviews. His polar opposite is probably, dare I say it, Holloway.

Erm - which pre match interviews are people watching?

Hughton may not shout from the rafters how we will easily crush the enemy, turn them back with a tide of ''total football'' featuring world class goals and sublime passing and moving.

But if you actually take in his words, quite often what he is saying is that we can win, but that to win we need to be able to stick to a plan designed to take apart the opposition. If we stray, if we don''t step up to the mark we could find it difficult.

That''s normally what he says, it''s also normally what most other managers say.

Even Lambert says the same thing, you rarely hear him bang on about how easy it is going to be to beat the opposition do you? He just says he has total faith in ''the lads'' to do the job he has put them out there to do.

Funny thing is, during his tenure here, people got fed up with the same old same old post match comments from Lambert. Whether we won or lost it was ''I counnie asked more from the boys, they gimme everythin'' even when we were utter cack.

You just can''t win with some people. Hughton is far more insightful and honest if you ask me. Lambert is full of smoke, mirrors and planned/acted responses.

I''m pretty sure he gave ''the lads'' who had ''given me everythin'' a right old rocket a few times. Post match it was always the same.

I may be misremembering, but I''m sure Lambert used to get a lot of stick for giving the opposition too much stick; can anybody corroborate this?

When Lambert was in charge we had soooo many people moaning about the goals we let in (we still got very good results)With Hughton in charge we have sooo many people moaning about playing "negatively" (we still got very good results)People will always moan.If only we could have 1/2 of one and 1/2 of the other !