Sign in to follow this  
PAUL

Minutes silence Saturday?

Will there be a minutes silence on Saturday for Trevor Lemmon? would be good particularly as we are on tv.

A minutes silence or applause or whatever seems to be in vogue, personally I think a minutes silence at a packed football stadium is a much more moving tribute.

Condolences to Gavin and the rest of the family.

I agree. Lets hope the club get something organised. And if one is organised lets hope it isn''t ruined by anyone!

With all due respects to Trevor - I''m sorry I don''t agree, where does it stop? There have been many connected to club who were not players, managers, etc. who have passed away, nothing done for them & we should not start now.

Did the many that you speak of have the honour of the players making an official request to wear black arm bands as a sign of respect. The circumstances for each individual are different!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]A minutes silence or applause or whatever seems to be in vogue, personally I think a minutes silence at a packed football stadium is a much more moving tribute.

Condolences to Gavin and the rest of the family.[/quote]the minutes applause was something the performing world did as a mark of respect to the loss of a fellow performerI know Equity the performers union at their AGM hold a minutes applause in tribute to all their members who have died the previous yearin this case if there is to be a mark of respect it should be one of silence as in no other sphere of his life will he have expected to have been applauded

Minutes applause is horrible I think - there is no respect. A minutes silence is much better.

Personally I don''t think so. I couldn''t pick him out of an identity parade and that''s not meant to do him a disservice.

Did the players request black armbands did somebody say? That would be quite an honour.

Yes the players wore black armbands on Saturday at their request, but if we are going to get comments about identy parades Wings I think it it best this thread is removed. I have never reported a thread before but out of respect for Trevor I will now report this one.