Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

What is it that certain fans are failing to understand?

People have criticised RvW for his performances and lack of goals.I completely fail to understand why? He has been given such a lack of help from the rest of his team mates so far it''s almost laughable: either because the other team has stopped the supply to him by marking him or pressing midfield so that the midfield cant pass it to him.My point of view is this, Holty (and I''m sorry to keep harping on about him but RvW is meant to be his replacement so is relevant in this discussion) was also given a lack of decent passes in the final third last year yet still got 8 goals! Just look at the stats!By playing the likes of Johnson and Tettey in central midfield as much as we did last year the simple fact is the chances created from CM just werent there for Holty. RvW is suffering from the same problem. Johnson and Tettey are two good midfielders that I''d be happy to play alongside Fer but creative players they aint! Not their problem, it was just our squad last year. I know this has been covered before but the ridiculous thread about RvW keeps finding it''s way up the forum.Keep the faith with RvW. If he gets chances he WILL score goals.

Because we live in the FIFA generation.A game where you can play 4 defensive midfielders and 1 striker and still score 4-5 goals.People think they know better than a Manager who has actually made a career (and a successful one) out of something he lovesPeople think they (from watching games, not actually playing in them) would have made different choices on the pitch.When in truth these people would fail miserably

His off the ball movement is very bright and once players tune into what he''s doing, and once we deploy a central midfielder who can pass a ball forwards, he''ll get plenty of chances.  He''s not helped by Redmond wanting to shoot at all times and Snodgrass being woefully off form at present.Elmander also needs time to adjust to the best way to feed the Wolf.I think he''ll score today.