Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Swansea Plaudits

As Swansea go from strength to strength, we have managed to find a backward gear, we all used to moan about the Swansea love in, but my hat goes off to them!!

I agree. 2 Clubs of similar size and stature. Both lost their managers. One is beating Valencia away and the other is losing to 10 man Hull.....

Swansea have been building and building for many a season, replacing one manager with someone with a similar footballing philosophy. And it is now rewarding them for their patience.

We haven''t done that.

Can anyone explain to me how Swansea went and scored 3 at the Mestalla because apparently it''s much harder to play vs 10 men??

Yes we replaced an attack minded manager with a negative defensive manager, so our players have had to adjust to this new philosophy and I''m not sure they yet have! If we''d have appointed someone who orchestrates attacking football as Lambert did, then we might be in a similar position to them. All credit to the Swansea board!

Like who? How the fuck do you replace someone like Lambert?

Constantly living in the past is not helping you.

Don''t do ourselves down too much!

On a brighter note ...

1. We''ve beaten them 3 times out of the 4 prem games so far and drew the other!

2. If we had won an extra game last season we would have finished above them on points. The season before that only goal difference separated us.

3.They have not been anchored by paying off a hefty debt over the past few years like us.

4. They have sold a couple of their stars for significant fees unlike us and invested it (Allen = £15M, Sinclair £7M, Graham £5M).

5. They weren''t in League One 4 years ago!

There''s no doubt they are a better side to watch and have a trophy in their cabinet but let''s not use it as a stick to beat ourselves with ... Lambert may provide us with a better one today!