Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Hooper on Saturday

Would you start him?Personally I think he''s what we need against a shaky Villa defense Really impressed me in the Braga game and looking forward to watching him in the PremOn an unrelated note.... I presume Michael Owen will be commentating on Saturday....

Too damn right I''d start with him...........let Wolfydangle sit on his arse this time.

Hard to see him starting when he couldn''t even get off the bench against Spurs.

Also, I wouldn''t drop Ricky. I''d bench Elmander.

I really want to see him play, but in no circumstances would I drop the Wolf, I wouldnt play him No.10 and we''re simply not going to play 2 up top.If he gets any game time, I suspect its cause we''re in trouble

[quote user="CDMullins"]I really want to see him play, but in no circumstances would I drop the Wolf, I wouldnt play him No.10 and we''re simply not going to play 2 up top.

If he gets any game time, I suspect its cause we''re in trouble
[/quote]

So why pay over £5 million quid just to bench him?

Its crazy.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]He will come on 5 minutes from the end when we are 2-0 down![/quote]!

The power of positive thinking. Where in far east?

Not for me - stick with RvW at top and bring Hooper into the mix with 20-30 mins to go irrespective of the score - he needs pitch time.

Changes are needed - but further back in the pitch. 

Everyone hates it these days, but I''d go 4-4-2 with Hooper and the Wolf. Fer and Howson in the middle, PIlkington and Redmond on the wing, Olsson for Garrido to deal with Villas pace

[quote user="birchfest"]Everyone hates it these days, but I''d go 4-4-2 with Hooper and the Wolf. Fer and Howson in the middle, PIlkington and Redmond on the wing, Olsson for Garrido to deal with Villas pace[/quote]

That team would be fine by me.

Wolfy did fine last home game. He really needs to get another goal though, stick with him and Johan from the off but get Hooper on for significant game time, half an hour or so.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wolfy did fine last home game. He really needs to get another goal though, stick with him and Johan from the off but get Hooper on for significant game time, half an hour or so.[/quote]

Agreed!

birchfest wrote the following post at 20/09/2013 11:41 AM:

Everyone hates it these days, but I''d go 4-4-2 with Hooper and the Wolf. Fer and Howson in the middle, PIlkington and Redmond on the wing, Olsson for Garrido to deal with Villas pace

Same here birchfest with the exception that I would play Fer and Tettey in the middle.

I personally think that Hooper is a better Striker than Wolf. Much more of a heavy weight than Wolf and suited much more to the English (more physical) game. Out of the two I would put my money on Hooper getting more goals!! Put him on (if fit enough)!!

I find it utterly mystifying that people are ALREADY slating RvW and giving him derogatory nicknames (ho ho, they''re so hilarious), saying he''s invisible etc.

Are people really THAT THICK?  I''ll put it in simple terms for these people.

Grant Holt 2011-12:  15 Goals

Grant Holt 2012-13:  8 Goals

That should tell you all you need to know. But obviously it doesn''t. Oh well...

you lot seem to have forgotten something

hughton doesnt know how to use substitutes

and when he does its always waaaaaaay too late

30 minutes for hooperlmao. only if hughton quits at half time

I must admit a1, the dismissive attitude by some towards RvW just 4 games into a season after he has barely had a touch of the ball and still managed to score a beauty is a little perplexing!

Hooper hasn''t even played a league game and yet he is already far superior?

Both won''t score many if they don''t get any service.  How can anyone even think of dropping RvW this soon?  I have my opinions on some changes and tactics, but this one is bonkers even for me.

I do hope Hooper gets on with plenty of time to show what he can do, but there is absolutely no reason to drop Ricky at this stage.  And I certaintly don''t get the idea that he needs to be shown that he is not guaranteed a starting place every game. Please!

Snake

Agree with people saying they''re surprised some are calling for RVW to be dropped. Not sure why some are so convinced Hooper will offer more.

At the moment we''ve spent £8.5m on a striker and we are asking him to feed off scraps.

He probably won''t get 20+ goals (and almost certainly not in this team) but get him the ball in the danger area and he could definitely hit 10-15 league goals. That''s if Hughton gets the best out of him, something he didn''t do with Holt.

What exactly has RVW done wrong? He''s had literally zero goalscoring chances given to him this season. I agree that Hooper should get some game time but back off RVW geez.

[quote user="a1canary"]

I find it utterly mystifying that people are ALREADY slating RvW and giving him derogatory nicknames (ho ho, they''re so hilarious), saying he''s invisible etc.

Are people really THAT THICK?  I''ll put it in simple terms for these people.

[/quote]Remember this time last year when people where saying how bad Michael Turner was?Good times.... Good times.....

Wolf will be a top player for us, give him the ball in the right areas is all that''s required, get him working with Hopper and all looks good.

"Wolf"Wolf will be a top player for us, give him the ball in the right areas is all that''s required, get him working with Hopper and all looks good.

Most sensible thing you have written. Few more games to get up to speed, and some good balls and he will make us smile.

Tettey for Johnson, Redmond for Snoddy, Pilks on the left with Olsson behind him. Bring RvW off after his sixth goal and let Hooper have a go.