Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Villa Prediction

The odds favour a defeat, hard to take but accurate.  CH has been backed to an unprecedented extent, this backing must have been prefaced with warnings about 2012/13 performances (any competent CEO would do this).  I have tolerated CH as manager so far and accepted that survival was priority last season.  However I am no longer prepared to accept the capitulation that occurs too often. Pink Un readers and Canary Call listeners will have revisited this repeatedly so lets not fool ourselves that CH will have a Scrooge-like conversion and arrive at work with an entirely new outlook on life.

Southampton were superior until they subbed their most effective player, Everton dominated us first game.  Our away form remains the same, we surrender possession and hope to counter but by sitting too deep we are already on the back-foot and usually lose possession or resort to long passes.

We knew what to expect from CH and what to continue expecting, he wont take risks and he wont rock the boat.  Too much is said about negative or positive football which is a rather false choice, what concerns me is that the team shows a complete lack of intent and as demonstrated by Ruddy comments post match this is having an effect on the squad. Doubtless post match CH will point out Villas spending and superiority.

Continually revisiting talk of negativity will be just delaying action, action must be taken, it is too much to expect a man in his 50s to change outlook overnight, we can either continue talking and posting about things we already know or collectively decide upon what has to happen. The Man City victory may have fooled some but this time there can be no such good fortune, if we are not assured of safety by April at the very latest we will not be safe.

Personally speaking my view remains the same, whilst able to spot talent like Fer, Redmond or Wolf CH lacks the intent and the character to progress NCFC and should thanked for his efforts and replaced either by Di Matteo (who achieved stability and good football at WBA) or by taking a major gamble on Neil Adams who I respect for his character and developing coaching ability or a continental manager (suggestions welcome!)

There are some good comements embedded within your post that emerged in a number of threads since the weekend. However, I couldnt find your prediction for the Villa game.Also, Di Matteo was sacked by WBA after losing the dressing room and I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole and there is no way with all the money at risk, that any Prem team would take a risk on somene like Neil Adams. All of this is academic as we are a conservative club with a track record of sticking with managers long after they have lost the confidence of the majority of the fans.

According to Betfair, the odds on a Norwich win are 2.3 to 1, with a Villa win and a draw both just over 3-1. For what it''s worth I think this would be the neutral view, i.e. Norwich slight favourites to win but Villa to win or a draw both marginally less likely outcomes.

I think we''ll get a narrow win this time.

Fair point, my aim was to predict the pre match reporting, the manner in which NCFC will approach the game and the likely recriminations and revisiting (again!) of topics that have been repeatedly discussed over the last year.  These are things that eminently predictable (mores the pity!), a 1-0 defeat is a likely as a 4-0 defeat, my view is and was that it will be a defeat borne out of this teams lack of intent.

As for successors, as I posted any other name can be posted in reply, I was merely making an observation based on availability and character, I haven''t had time to research any continental candidates

The major aim of my post was to try and move the debate on from revisiting what we already know about CH and the current style of football, the consistency of results it brings and the usual recriminations and to try to move towards what the collective view of the supporters should be.

I have no ''gripe'' with CH, I am observing the situation as a supporter who has witnessed UEFA Cup nights, European bans and near extinction in the 3rd division and we are doing ourselves no favours by repeating ourselves every week, the evidence of our results is what has determined my view and I have always maintained decision are best based upon evidence.

How ironic it is that we lambast our manager for failing to adjust and continually rolling out the same cautious tactics and post match platitudes, but we have been repeating ourselves time and again like some WW1 commander convinced that doing the same thing again and again is moving us towards decision..    

Considering how strongly you feel about Chris Hughton you have shown remarkable self restraint in keeping your post count to only 8 postsWell done you ............... whoever you are

City 1st

Easy explanation I just can''t stand my laptop (only kept for business use), social bloody networking and citizen journalism.

Don''t confuse a dislike of modern BS with lack of commitment to the cause.

My view was and still is the more we repeat ''negative'' or ''little norwich'' the further away from getting to a decision we will get, as I initially said this time we will not be so fortunate to get results against teams that are already on their summer hols.

Lets all stop repeating the same things and decide what the hell we do next (boycott?)

*yawn*

4-1

A hattrick for the Wolf and one for Hooper in added time.

Red card for Benteke and a red faced Lambert to match. But don''t worry, they''ll pick themselves up and go again.

[quote user="CanaryFrom1979"]

City 1st

Easy explanation I just can''t stand my laptop (only kept for business use), social bloody networking and citizen journalism.

Don''t confuse a dislike of modern BS with lack of commitment to the cause.

My view was and still is the more we repeat ''negative'' or ''little norwich'' the further away from getting to a decision we will get, as I initially said this time we will not be so fortunate to get results against teams that are already on their summer hols.

Lets all stop repeating the same things and decide what the hell we do next (boycott?)

[/quote]Sadly what followed wasn''tas I''m not too sure what you are saying .... or even if you areor who this ''we'' is you speak of......... and how you know their views given your disdain for all this kind of stuffperhaps you wander around Carrow Road asking folk, if so might it not have been a good idea to also ask them '' what next ? ''

Norwich 0 Villa 1

We''ll go 0-1 in the 75th minute, Houghton will bring on Tettey for RvW, Ryan Bennett for Redmond and Howson for Fer in order to protect our goal difference and keep it down to one.

We''ll have no shots on target, RvW will be admitted to Hellesdon after being found banging his head against a brick wall, Leroy Fer is arrested at Norwich Airport trying to smuggle himself onto a flight to Amsterdam and Delia gives Houghton a new 8 year contract.

Half the posters on this board are arrested for soliciting following repeated efforts to try and blow Lambert. Plenty of others have no idea what''s happened due to a power cut, however they still ring canary call to stick their oar in.

Lambert gets RSI from fist pumping at the directors box, Houghton gets the same injury from waving his players back if they approach the half way line.

Happy clappers clap anyway, they reintroduce "goal" music, but now play it if we manage to get out of our own half.

Fair point, my aim was to predict the pre match reporting, the manner in which NCFC will approach the game and the likely recriminations and revisiting (again!) of topics that have been repeatedly discussed over the last year.  These are things that eminently predictable (mores the pity!), a 1-0 defeat is a likely as a 4-0 defeat, my view is and was that it will be a defeat borne out of this teams lack of intent.

As for successors, as I posted any other name can be posted in reply, I was merely making an observation based on availability and character, I haven''t had time to research any continental candidates

The major aim of my post was to try and move the debate on from revisiting what we already know about CH and the current style of football, the consistency of results it brings and the usual recriminations and to try to move towards what the collective view of the supporters should be.

I have no ''gripe'' with CH, I am observing the situation as a supporter who has witnessed UEFA Cup nights, European bans and near extinction in the 3rd division and we are doing ourselves no favours by repeating ourselves every week, the evidence of our results is what has determined my view and I have always maintained decision are best based upon evidence.

How ironic it is that we lambast our manager for failing to adjust and continually rolling out the same cautious tactics and post match platitudes, but we have been repeating ourselves time and again like some WW1 commander convinced that doing the same thing again and again is moving us towards decision..    

[/quote]
I hear what you are saying and pretty much agree with it all. 
It just did not start as your normal prediction type of thread.
Last year I pretty much said to myself "if Hughton keeps us up he has done his job" which is what he done even though we had some shocking spells after the undefeated run. This year I said to myself "if we play the same he has 8-10 games". With the new players that came in I thought we we try to be more attacking, especially on the road, which so far has proven not to be the case although it is early days but it does look gloomy. I stick by what I said about 8-10 games, if things are not looking good, mainly points wise we need to change something. Even if its adding attacking coaches or change of manager something needs to happen, and I often wonder if its more of the coaching team that needs to change because the lack of attacking/movement training is showing, we might some in training but its clearly not good enough. No point in spending 8.5mil on a striker if we cant pass and move to supply him and no point in playing deep crosses into him because that is not RVW game, even though he has been out of some games I feel he can not be judged at all because of the way we have been playing, I feel sorry for the lad TBH. WOW now I went off course!!! :>
back to the topic. 
Villa are much better on the road and depending who we play at left back I feel we could get hammered on the break so I will go for something like 1-2 or 2-3 :(

[/quote]

Brilliant......this is what I come on this message board. Boycotts......lets have a protest march from the Murderers.....where are the police horses......where is Smudger when you need him!

We are 15th in the Prem in case you haven''t noticed and I''ll take 1-0 City on Saturday

''We'' refers to all NCFC supporters, the evidence is there to suggest that a decision has to be taken sooner rather than later, it would be better if 25k or more supporters were of a unified opinion, even if it meant opposing the club.

I regularly read and consider posts from this forum, as far as I''m concerned all posts have equal validity, some of what I think is inspired by posts from here.

My main point all along has been that too often we repeat the same criticisms without ever arriving at a clear consensus, others have mooted a possible away match boycott and I consider it a possibility after all why should 3 or 4k continue to be subjected to the same tedium week after week. Other suggestions are as valid I just want there to be a clear voice talking to the club

The longer we take to arrive a clear position of what supporters want to see the more the risk that the club is relegated whilst fans continue to repeat the same criticisms.  

"The longer we take to arrive a clear

position of what supporters want to see the more the risk that the club

is relegated whilst fans continue to repeat the same criticisms."

I think virtual all supporters are in agreement with what they want to see - it''s the method of achieving it that is divides us ...... otherwise I think you are simply trying to stir the sh it as you clearly haven''t a clue about the supporters - and what they think about the current situation.

My thought is why would that be ?

hmmmm

Re the title I reckon 1-2, Villa are set up in exactly the way we struggle with at the moment.

Re the content, obviously boycott no, but CH needs to improve things fast. We''ve all desperately been giving him the benefit of the doubt and really want him to succeed, but for many the wait has been too long already. The warning signs were already there in those dire pre-season friendlies when he took over. But I''d like to challenge one point and that is the Adams question. two of our most successful managers (Walker and Stringer) took over from junior positions. I am not so sure that it isn''t that silly an idea, and Steve Clarke did pretty well last year. Frankly, whether a manager succeeds or not seems sometimes to be a bit of a dice roll anyway...................So, Adams to manage and Hughton to recruit the players anyone?!

Having witnessed enough protests and discontent at NCFC to last more than one lifetime I just want to for once watch a match or listen to commentary and not hear a record stuck on repeat, the following day I would like to read a report that that differs from the previous one.

One more Canary Call where I hear the same criticisms and infighting and the radio will be getting reduced to its components.

I may be out of step with what occurs on forums like this, perhaps it is just another venue for the infighting that is the constant sound to being a supporter, but this should be a place where conflicting suggestions are debated on evidence to arrive at a concrete set of ideas for how the club progresses.

NCFC could progress, it has the resources and the support but it is in danger of becoming like the man who constantly says ''I could run 100m in 9:45s,,,,but''

Supporters are the lifeblood of this club (of any club) and how we arrive at a plan to put to the club is of vital importance, we can either act as a supporters organization or alternatively fight amongst ourselves and continue turning up for more of the same.

We may well win on Saturday, but who has confidence that that would last beyond the next Hull or Spurs.

I for one would rather be decisive and level-headed about the club I have spent years and cash backing than listen to one more repetition of ''This negative football is appalling but I''m going to spend my time arguing with other supporters''  

Villa don''t do clean sheets and we have a very good record of scoring goals at home.Think last time we didn''t was Southampton last year (may be wrong)This game is all about pace... and stopping Villa counter attacking.