Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the £9 million Dave Strihavka?

The "pass" for a second chance was a missplaced shot and it got too close his body to get a shot without few touches. I doubt there is too many strikers out there who would have done better after that first touch. You could argue that he should have been more ready to take better first touch, but at the end on the other side of the field many millions more expensive player Soldado had a few equally poor touches.

First chance he took well as it was possible and there is nothing to complain about it.

Anyway even thought he drifted from game for a long periods mostly because our bad posession and his passing was poor as rest of the team I think he was second best player on the field after Bassong and his runs in the channels are so good that he keeps opponent defence busy even without the ball so I think he will be worth of money spend.

All strikers need to be fed!

How many chances has he had this season so far?

I believe in 4 games he has had 4/5 chances and scored from 1.

Most strikers score 1 in 4, 1 in 5 chances?  Give him chances and he will score! We had a striker who scored 15 goals in the prem, then the following season and a change in tactics, scored less than 10! It is no surprise Wolfie is finding it hard and may be a bit disillusioned due to the fact we are not creating much for him and he is very isolated up front!

I have seen enough of him to know he is a quality player and we need to start playing to his strengths!

We need to give him chances and ourselves a chance of getting results by creating more. Easier said than done? Maybe, but instead of sitting back and inviting so much pressure, we might just give ourselves a better chance by going for it! I can only see us losing away from home with our current mindset.

RvW will come good!

Snake

I can''t wait till we have Hooper and RVW up front together...it''s gonna be epic.

Hughton''s preferred formation (4-4-2) with two natural goalscorers

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Seems we are still starving RVW''s supply-line.

Somehow I don''t sense anything changing anytime soon. It''s a quite bizarre situation!

[/quote]

Got to agree with this. RVW is quality. But any striker will struggle with the sort of service he got today. We can''t play him up front and sit back and concede possession like this - it''s just the wrong way to play him.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I can''t wait till we have Hooper and RVW up front together...it''s gonna be epic.

Hughton''s preferred formation (4-4-2) with two natural goalscorers[/quote]it will be nice for the front 2 especially away from home they will have each other to talk to whilst game is being played out on the edge of our penalty box  [:D]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I can''t wait till we have Hooper and RVW up front together...it''s gonna be epic. [/quote]You''re gonna have a long wait