Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the £9 million Dave Strihavka?

2 chances... 2 chances to equalise at 1-0 down and 2-0 down....Admittedly the first one was a hell of a block but the 2nd was woeful.. any striker worth his salts would have leathered that as hard as he could... RvW took 3 touches, why? only he knows? The Everton Goal apart Ricky hasn''t had a sniff in any of the other games... his movement around the box hasn’t led to chances for him or others, and today, just when we needed him the £9 million looked like 90p.He needs a goal, he BADLY needs a goal.. otherwise I can see it all ending up in tears...he will come good... right?

To be fair to him he looks stranded and probably wasnt expecting the ball to even drop to him.I think you could put Messi up there and he would be looking like Jamie Lad. Its not the man its the machine thats the issue at the moment.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]To be fair to him he looks stranded and probably wasnt expecting the ball to even drop to him.

[/quote]then why the Hell is he playing up front? Strikers should always be ready.. you could get one chance in a game.. you need to take it.

I style of football is hanging him out to dry, that being said he should have buried the 2nd chance.

Only 1 goal in 4 games. Woeful, what idiot signed him? None of the posters on this forum thought he''d be any good and to replace Holt with him, well the mind boggles.

or

we can give our support and allow him to adjust and reap the benefits when he does. 

Mugs. He''s a very good striker who would score plenty in most prem teams. His biggest mistake is, i''m guessing, not doing his research on the type of manager he would be playing under. No striker on the planet will regularly bang goals in in a team playing as negative, unambitious, cautious, and lacking in belief and confidence as the one chris hughton has produced.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

we can give our support and allow him to adjust and reap the benefits when he does. 

[/quote]like we did with Goran Maric?

Nah point well made , a striker should have the appetite , desire and instinct to just bury it regardless of the opportunity.You just gotta think about the fact that his morale probably isnt the highest and he probably wanted to score so bad hes fluffed it. Anyone who''s on this forum whos played any football at any level cant say they havent missed a "sitter" made a mistake or just fudged up a shot when its been easier to score than miss, is lying.RvW is human at the end of the day, im just suggesting that it would take some real will power and conviction to really have your heart in it after the start hes made.Although on the flip side, I personally would be Kei Kamara like desperate to score. So I dunno, jury is still out on the wolf.

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Mugs. He''s a very good striker who would score plenty in most prem teams. His biggest mistake is, i''m guessing, not doing his research on the type of manager he would be playing under. No striker on the planet will regularly bang goals in in a team playing as negative, unambitious, cautious, and lacking in belief and confidence as the one chris hughton has produced.[/quote]the chance that fell to him in the box.. should he have taken it? Yes or No? not waffled bull sh*t....

The usual scapegoating.

Now it''s RvW.

The first chance was goal bound and Rose intercepted well. The second clearly fell wrongly for him and he needed to get it from under his feet.

I thought the Wolf had a decent game considering the rubbish served up behind him.

I did think he looked a bit tentative on the ball at times though so such criticism won''t help his confidence.

There were a few sub-standard performances today, why single out an individual unfairly ..... IMO?

I think Wolf needs to work on his first touch, it is poor he looks a bit slow when the ball comes up to him. He works hard during the game but I can''t really see him scoring many goals - he does not have the skill to make chances on his own and the team do not know how to get the ball to him around the box.

Hooper (if fit) should have come on today, even to just get a run out - somehow I think CH will never play Hooper and Wolfie in the same team - it is far too attack minded. I thought DS could have been a good player - not sure if Wolfie will end up the same ...

So really, we''re talking about once chance he didn''t take.

Many, many top quality strikers will miss the odd chance. He needs more than one real opportunity. Two if you count a fantastic defensive block.

If a striker can take one in two, even one in three half chances you''d be happy. Think you''re being harsh on a Striker who especially away from home is kept completely isolated.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The usual scapegoating.

Now it''s RvW.

The first chance was goal bound and Rose intercepted well. The second clearly fell wrongly for him and he needed to get it from under his feet.

I thought the Wolf had a decent game considering the rubbish served up behind him.

I did think he looked a bit tentative on the ball at times though so such criticism won''t help his confidence.

There were a few sub-standard performances today, why single out an individual unfairly ..... IMO?[/quote]because at 9 million quid he needs to be justifying that transfer fee... yes the team were rubbish but the "Talisman" and record signing was called upon... and he fluffed it.

Was unlucky with that chance, that first touch just didn''t bring it out from under him,

As others have said we could have RVP on rather than RVW and still had the same result as we are STILL not creating enough chances. Sluggish build up and poor decisions on when to cross seem to be making it impossible for Ricky to get a look in.

Hate to say it as I thought he was immense last season, but Snodgrass really needs to up his game, his lack of willing to put the ball into the box first time is so frustrating and exactly what RVW needs.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]The usual scapegoating.

Now it''s RvW.

There were a few sub-standard performances today, why single out an individual unfairly ..... IMO?[/quote]because at 9 million quid he needs to be justifying that transfer fee... yes the team were rubbish but the "Talisman" and record signing was called upon... and he fluffed it.[/quote]Laughable thread as usual, Jas.£9m will buy you one leg of a striker who will score every chance he gets.  He fluffed one chance, it happens. 

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]How about maybe?[/quote]then that''s a cop out answer.... how can he "maybe" take a chance? it really is that black and white... you just dont want to answer either way and end up looking silly do you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]The usual scapegoating.

Now it''s RvW.

There were a few sub-standard performances today, why single out an individual unfairly ..... IMO?[/quote]because at 9 million quid he needs to be justifying that transfer fee... yes the team were rubbish but the "Talisman" and record signing was called upon... and he fluffed it.[/quote]Laughable thread as usual, Jas.£9m will buy you one leg of a striker who will score every chance he gets.  He fluffed one chance, it happens.  [/quote]and of course you have seen enough of him in the previous matches to see that he will be banging them in?our right back is our top scorer....

we could have peak form 26 year old Raul up front and we still wouldnt get him the ball enough to score

wolfie is also way too lightweight to play as a lone strikerhes a good player though some of you lot are overreacting on a grand scale

--- our right back is our top scorer....

The simple fact is, this team does not create enough chances for our striker, this is no change from last season where Grant Holt was starved of service.

As it happens, Grant Holt scored 8 goals from 53 shots last season. A conversion rate of 15%.

This is a RIDICULOUS thread. you cannot judge a new player on four games, particularly when they have moved league and country as well. I''m sure everyone would agree Van Persie had an amazing season last year - his chance conversion rate was 22%. Even the best miss, and they miss regularly - certainly far more often than they score. You cannot expect to create 2 or 3 chances a game and keep on winning. The first of Van Wolkswinkel''s chances looked like it was going in if not for a magnificent last ditch block, and the second was a shot that was deflected into his path and a tricky first touch ended up trapped beneath his feet. I''m sure he will be disappointed with the second, but it was not exactly an open goal or one on one. Come on people be reasonable.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]The usual scapegoating.

Now it''s RvW.

There were a few sub-standard performances today, why single out an individual unfairly ..... IMO?[/quote]because at 9 million quid he needs to be justifying that transfer fee... yes the team were rubbish but the "Talisman" and record signing was called upon... and he fluffed it.[/quote]Laughable thread as usual, Jas.£9m will buy you one leg of a striker who will score every chance he gets.  He fluffed one chance, it happens.  [/quote]and of course you have seen enough of him in the previous matches to see that he will be banging them in?our right back is our top scorer....[/quote]Given the quality of service from the wings and through the centre, you could swap RvW for any other Prem striker and we''d be, at best, one or two goals better off at the moment.  Not sure this wolf is used to feeding on scraps.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]How about maybe?[/quote]then that''s a cop out answer.... how can he "maybe" take a chance? it really is that black and white... you just dont want to answer either way and end up looking silly do you?[/quote]Hmmm. I regularly make myself look silly. No problem with that at all. However, i''m pretty you are the very same jas the barclay king who recently, seriously, genuinely, without irony said ''why do we even need to attack?'' Which for me, probably just about tops the list of endless, but occasionally amusing, GUFF, you send from your brain to your typing hands.

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]How about maybe?[/quote]then that''s a cop out answer.... how can he "maybe" take a chance? it really is that black and white... you just dont want to answer either way and end up looking silly do you?[/quote]Hmmm. I regularly make myself look silly. No problem with that at all. However, i''m pretty you are the very same jas the barclay king who recently, seriously, genuinely, without irony said ''why do we even need to attack?'' Which for me, probably just about tops the list of endless, but occasionally amusing, GUFF, you send from your brain to your typing hands.[/quote]find that thread for me....