Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Match Thread

How are the strikers ever going to score when you have Snodgrass wasting it on one wing and Redmond doing the same on the other , more crosses needed instead of glory hunting in Redmonds case.

Tettey on for Elmander, move Howson up to Elmander''s position. After 60 mins if we''re not back in the game, Pilks on for Snod and Hooper on for Howson. Lets smash these brummy brasterds. Snoddy taking SO LONG to get forward, needs to be more direct, that''s why Villa are looking dangerous!

I honestly did not realise Elmander was playing until 38 minutes in.

We haven''t played too badly.  The main difference is that Villa''s attacks are so much more efficient than ours. Fast attacks, quick touches, instant passes, harrying defenders, dropping off and finding space. 

Villa - Bang, bang, bang - chance.  Norwich, mostly the polar opposite.

Half time.

Why oh why do we have an 8.5 million Dutch international on the pitch who took the penalties at sporting Lisbon... And then let Snodgrass take it. Madness

In all honesty we looked ok in spells, but we just can''t handle villas pace. RVW has had a few more chances, but in general it''s still could be much better. So frustrating a penalty and Benntekke off... How much more of an advantage do we want?

hooper on for me for Elmander

I totally agree I watched it and the goal keeper new exactly where he would place it, also I think too much has been placed on RVW to produce the goods. Although we are not playing badly we cannot finish, lets see if Hooper comes on if it makes it any better. We should have had the penalty, AGH !!!

Hi folks from Ricardo here at the match. I did say Johnson no Tetty no points. There''s a big hole in front of the back four. Oh deary me.

I''m generally a Hughton critic but he has tried to change things and has been let down by some poor play.

He has seen what and who isn''t working and now it''s down to him.

[quote user="manbearpig"]Haha only on the pinkun could they blame Hughton for us missing a pen! I thought some of you wouldn''t care if we lost 6 nil but went for it? Well it''s been an entertaining game and we are losing so you should all be happy![/quote]Ok. I''ll say it. I don''t like Hughton as a manager. I think he would be an awesome coach but I for one was underwhelmed when we appointed him. And from the moment we got thumped 5-0 by Fulham I have disliked the way he sets out his teams. He doesn''t inspire the players. Look at what is out there. They don''t want to do all they can to win.We need someone to inspire our players. We fail to have any end product. Doesn''t matter how he sets his teams out, it''s how they play........

The tactics and team have not been spot on. Howson and Fer have left the centre backs exposed. To sort this out CH would need to bring Tetty on thus leaving him with one attacking substitution available.

Yep we''re certainly going for it and they look like scoring every time they cross the halfway line. The goal was shocking. Just shocking.

Sort out the central midfield and be clear who''s doing what.  I''d get Elmander off, stick Fer in his place and bring on another defensive midfielder to protect the back 4 because every time Villa break they are creating good chances.

why is Tettey not starting?

Villa don''t look great defensively. Probelm is the longer it goes at 1-0 the more panicky we will become.

if we are REALLY Brave go 4-3-3 and stretch their defenders... I think they''d crumble.

Last week, we made Spurs look pretty fantastic - ok, they are.  But this week, we''re making Villa look dangerous because we''re not forcing them on to the back foot at all.  Have to question Snodgrass'' self-belief - it''s damaging to the whole team thing.  *Sighs*.

We''ve played pretty well so far - can''t understand why RVW didn''t take the pen, that was surely his role in the side, he is looking more of a threat. Snod has beaten his man so often it is criminal we didn''t create more clear cut chances, but there is hopefully more to come in the second half.

Having just seen the Villa goal again I want to cry. No desire to close down whatsoever. The midfield has to do better. 

Norwich will push further and sacrifice more in the second half. Yet I can only see Villa extending their lead.

Hughton has to go for it though as defeat today followed by an inevitable (on the road) defeat to Stoke next week will really have him staring down the barrell.

Villa to pick up their first clean sheet in 27 games; now that would be truly embarassing.

So far we have been crap.

The penalty caused so much confusion becaise of snoddy, who hasn''t exactly had a brilliant season so far. The penalty itself was bollocks, steaight into the keepers arms.

However we weren''t shocking. Play was still solid but there was an air of frustration through the crowd.

It quickly turned sour however as nearly every cross floated into the keeoers grateful arms. Bar one tackle snoddy has had a shocker.

Ruddy made some good saves too.

Benteke got subbed off after seemingly tripping over nothing.

The goal was an example of how not to defend after ruddy made a good block only for Weimann to have a frustrating 10 seconds to slot a pass to his fellow striker to put the ball into an empty net.

We have been outsung by Villa our wingers have had a bad gsme.

The highlight of the game for me is seeing RVW kick the air in a fit of rage after giving after giving away a free kick. Rhe guy must be gutted.

villa do not look like a team that has lost 3 games as the manager has them up for it ,we look like we want everyone to feel sorry for us they look like they will run through a wall !  I think the Norwich players look like they are lacking belief our wingers  have to cut into their strongest foot why don''t they swap for 15 mins to see how they get on ?

In all fairness its better than last week but still poor possession keeping and VERY predictable. Against a better side we''d get ripped apart.