Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc till the end

We just look awful in their half EVERY week

Every week i watch and every week we just look awful in their half, we can''t cross accurately at all, we have no players that can outrun defenders and break with it (yes Redmond but so inconsistant) Snodgrass can''t go round anyone anymore, Pilkington looks like he doesn''t care and very arrogant, I wouldn''t blame Hughton on everything as its the players that are just so poor at the moment (defence is ok) we only seem to score when the other team has made a mistake, we played the crossing game today but like the players crossing it had their bloody eyes shut everytime!!! Again to stay up this season we will rely on LUCK and other teams being worse than us! we haven''t showed quality or anything to show we are a Premier League team this season!Rant over

Have to agree with a lot of that. Snodgrass was actually improving as the game went on, Pilkington''s arrogance is part of his style (he does care though), but without Wes we have little creativity. Elmander is certainly not the answer.

It is early days yet though; onwards & upwards !

Snodgrass'' crosses were shocking today again. I get the impression he clearly wants to do well and is highly frustrated with the start of the season and his frustration isnt helping his play. Pilks came on and to me looked really up for it, had a real sense of urgency but its a shame, because the team lacked any real sense of what to do. Cross in, Guzan collects, Cross in, Guzan collects, Cross in, Guzan collects - throws it out, no one tracks back and the defence open the front door and let them in.

The crosses were happening which is nice but they were slow, weak looping crosses that even if somebody got a head on would have resulted in an easy save. Guzan got to them first anyways.

Send in crosses with a little bit of snap on them.

And everyone looked afraid to shoot the few times we had the ball on the ground in their area.