Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

64% posession, 2 shots on target

Says it all, we must do better. Drop RVW next week, he''s out of sorts, that chest chance was a joke, my granny could have put that in.

Absolute tripe. The only reason he chested it was because it hit him - he had zero time to react. The only way ANY player would have scored from that was if he got lucky.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Says it all, we must do better. Drop RVW next week, he''s out of sorts, that chest chance was a joke, my granny could have put that in.[/quote]It''s not quite gelled for him yet, but to drop him would be counter-productive. He has quality, what he lacks is confidence and form - he''ll only get that from continuing to play games. He should at least be given a chance to play alongside Hooper from the start before he is rested.

RVW actually played pretty well, I just can''t understand why he didn''t take the pen.

IMO it was just one of those games today, apart from the pen we just didnt seem to get the bounce/deflections go our way, nor did we get a lot more off the ref. We didnt help ourselves with crap crosses/corners that seemed to set up for keeper catching practise though.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Says it all, we must do better. Drop RVW next week, he''s out of sorts, that chest chance was a joke, my granny could have put that in.[/quote]It''s not quite gelled for him yet, but to drop him would be counter-productive. He has quality, what he lacks is confidence and form - he''ll only get that from continuing to play games. He should at least be given a chance to play alongside Hooper from the start before he is rested.[/quote]Nothing wrong with rotation. Part of the problem with Hughton is that he''s so predictable every week.

I''m pleased we had so much possession, that is certainly a positive thing and is a a good place to improve our chance creation from. It''s also much better than just letting the opposition have it all the time like we have done in the past. As for only 2 shots on target, as i say I still think we need to create more chances in a ninety minutes - our front players don''t look like a fluid unit yet and that would help in that respect. However on a different day even our flawed performace today could have been good enough. Of course Van Wolfswinkel missed, but Snodgrass missed a penalty and Hooper and Pilkington fluffed there lines today. To blame just van wolfswinkel is a strange one. Having said that I don''t see a future for the elmander van wolfswinkel partnership though - (elmander was far more anonymous today than RVW) either play hooper up with him or a midfielder like hoolahan behind him.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Come on! typical lambert side! soak it up and hit on the break. Norwich did that under him.

We had all that possession but no ideas.[/quote]

I agree we still have to improve on our levels of chance creation and our attacking unit is certainly not running like a well oiled machine yet as would be ideal, but at least its an improvement to some of our games. Even with having no ideas it could have been 4-1 today Snodgrass missed the pen, Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper and Pilkington all missed fairly good chances. On another day even this rather flawed performance could have been good enough. If we can keep raising our performance to somewhere near our potential it could yet be a good season.