Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

The binners blew it

that''s tremendous news. i didnt dare take too much notice of last night''s proceedings, just in case the worst case scenario
happened, with those awful binmen winning themselves a trip to cardiff. i had in fact forgotten about the game until i saw your post this morning. who would you like to win a place in the premiership? i would like to see preston gain promotion as they havent been in top flight football for a long time.failing that, i would prefer to see derby(despite their manager)promoted rather than west ham.

Cheered me up no end! At least we''ll have derbies to look forward to again next season. It''s so funny as they were top of the league for two months!

Made my week a whole lot better.

That said Alex don''t tempt fate with that footer you''ve got - visions of "On loan to the Endsliegh" t-shirts still haunt me from 10 years ago!

Sorry, but i have to agree with Shropshire Canary Alex-that kind of arrogance is more fitting for ipswich or Wolves than City.

Great to see ipswich up the brown stream though!!

I would like to see Preston go up.  West Ham fans are too fickle, on 606 phone-ins this season they all wanted Pardew to go, then on last night''s programme with DJ Spooney, they all thought he was the bees knees!!  Plus one of my old work colleagues played for Preston in the 1964 Fa Cup final.

i hate west ham soooo much. i couldn''t win last night, i hate them both! two of my house mates are west ham suppporters, and they are always so full of it! they finished 6th, they don''t deserve it- come on derby/ preston!!

[quote]I would like to see Preston go up. West Ham fans are too fickle, on 606 phone-ins this season they all wanted Pardew to go, then on last night''s programme with DJ Spooney, they all thought he was the...[/quote]

Don''t show your age too much!

[quote]Sorry, but i have to agree with Shropshire Canary Alex-that kind of arrogance is more fitting for ipswich or Wolves than City. Great to see ipswich up the brown stream though!![/quote]

Tut it''s not arrogance, just having a laugh - it''s a clear nod towards what Shropshire Canary also said, when 10 years ago the club shop sold shirts with "on loan to division 1" written all over them!

i''m just not a fan of the play offs, i wouldn''t have minded tho! i''ll agree it does make things more exciting, but west ham finished so far behindthe binners... and no, im not joe royle in disguise... how annoyed will we all be if we finish third, like 15 points clear of the next team? that said, me and mate thought that they should have relegation play offs in the prem. 20th and 19th automatically go down, but then 18th 17th 16th 15th all have a play off to stay up. losers of the first games go into a final, and the loser of that get relegated! how harsh would that be!! however, we''d still have gone down automatically... *sighs*

[quote]Tut it''s not arrogance, just having a laugh - it''s a clear nod towards what Shropshire Canary also said, when 10 years ago the club shop sold shirts with "on loan to division 1" written all over them![/quote]

Yes, but my and i think his point is that that kind of attitude had a highly detremental effect for several seasons, with players and fans swanning around like they were too good for the lower divisions-it just breeds one of the worst things in football, complacency,and makes the rest of the league want to kick you into next week. It is a problem the likes of Wolves and ipswich have had for years and the last thing we need is our fans displaying that kind of attitude.

Those teeshirts are seen as an embarrassing joke amongst City fans and im afraid, unless you`re making an attempt at being ironic, so is your logo.