Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

My thoughts on todays team - Very Negative.

That was terrible. We look so toothless. a few points;

• The defence looks awful against any sort of pace.
  • The closing down, tracking back & anticipation from the players was shocking
  • The immaturity and petulance of some of the players, in particular Snodgrass and Redmond, is terrible.
  • Most of the players lack intelligence. Giving away cheap fouls when the opposition is under pressure. all that is needed is to stand their man instead of diving in. Happens too much. 
  • Russell Martin is full of endeavour but not good enough. One or two good balls but wasted so much when in advanced positions
  • Fer is the only decent midfielder, but even he looked too slow today.
  • Howson, Garrido & Martin are not good enough generally. And Snodgrass was a weak link today. 
  • RVW, most worryingly, looks a dud.

Watching todays game was one of the most frustrating games I''ve watched. Knowing that there is some quality in there but we''re playing the same way as last season. I don''t know if Hughton is to blame, but I can''t see us improving at the moment and I''m very worried.

Lack of pace and smartness will always cost us.

I would rest Snodgrass for a while. Seems to have little morale these days.

Pilk much better than Redmond.

Elmander nowhere near good enough to start.

RvW looks short of confidence and lack understanding with the wingers, how to run off the ball, etc.

Hooper and Pilk to start next game.

For me Hughton got to go as I dont think he and his defensive coaching team are able to improve this team.

Luck was a big part of us surviving last season. We will not get 9 points off ManU, manC and Arsenal this season.

Looks on course for relegation

Really have to agree with you there Lincoln Canary. I dare anyone to find many positives in that performance - RVW - only thing I can say is that the Portuguese league must be really poor that he could score so many goals there - no pace - poor finishing. Elmander taking up space on the pitch getting worse each game.

Still no creativity in midfield, Hooper looked good just needs game time.

CH looked clueless as always at the end of the game - looking forward to his long list of excuses yet again...

[quote user="grefstad"]Luck was a big part of us surviving last season. We will not get 9 points off ManU, manC and Arsenal this season.

Looks on course for relegation[/quote]

Yes last tme we failed to beat teams around us and it didn''t cost us because of the unlikely points you have mentioned. It''s not going to happen again. Oh and I forgot to mention Elmander, certainly no improvement on Holt. 

I wouldn''t say we spent a shed load of money on a worse team. We just lack morale, players look like they have lost a sense of purpose sometimes with no underlying strategy to their play. It''s frustrating, and it shows on the players performances with the way they have been told to play IMO. There''s a lot to be considered.

Most of your points are a pile of crap but to accuse a 19 year old of a lack of maturity shows what an idiot you are.