Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so we went out and attacked....

just like everyone wanted...

we still lost...

Ricky still didnt look like scoring with the service he got....

Hooper was unlucky...

but it''s personal against Hughton isn''t it?

No one wanted us to lose its just that many people think that Hughton is not right for us me included and by the way I watched the match and didnt think we played that bad but !!!

You attacked?

The half time stat was one shot on target. And that''s was that phantom penalty

Players are not good enough to create a chance , i cannot see us staying up when you cannot defend or score you are in huge trouble .0 points from Hull and Villa two of the weakest sides in the league should have the alarm bells ringing .Villas first clean sheet away since  December says it all.

Its not personal CH is a very likeable man outside of football management. Unfortunately he is not able to best utilise the squad at his disposal and there for need to be gone sharpish so we can get in an adequate replacement. Its nothing personal just business

[quote user="catlineker"]We shouldnt attack anymore. Youve nailed it Jas

Idiota[/quote]

i havent said that... everyone was crying out for attacking football last week as it was the "saviour" we attacked.. we didnt win...

you might argue we defended against Everton and Southampton...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just like everyone wanted...

we still lost...

Hooper was unlucky...

but it''s personal against Hughton isn''t it?[/quote]Attack? Perhaps in the sense that maybe the players were told to attack. In the sense of any real strategy? No way. The players never once looked like they really knew what to do when they went forward. And then once the ball was lost, not one player seemed to want to get back with any urgency what so ever. It''s not personal against Hughton what so ever. It''s about results and when a manager can''t instill the confidence in players or create a genuine strategy, then questions must be asked, surely. In no way does everyone simply want all out attack - they want a strategy behind the attack, and quality defending when that''s meant to be Hughton''s focus.And when so much focus is on the defensive work, you expect it to be at least somewhat good - but we leave huge gaps and gift the opposition huge amounts of space and expect not to be punished? The players should hold responsibility for not doing their duty in that respect, yes. No wonder a handful fans aren''t happy.

I didn''t criticise CH today. We all have opinions but basically he changed thing, made early subs and set us up to attack.

But the shots of him during the game showed a frustrated figure. He didn''t look angry or worked up, he looked resigned and that is more worrying.

We now need strong characters on and off the pitch.

You have to wonder what it''s like behind the scenes and in training; what the general mood is. We won''t have an easier fixture run all season and could become whipping boys over the next few games.

The malaise has spread to the crowd and there is no sense of confidence.

Managers do lose momentum and occasionally lose their way, it''s a thin dividing line. I wonder what Hughton''s relationship is with the players and how much they believe in him and his coaches.

It isn''t a case of us playing great sides, we have only hit 60-80% of our own ability all season and the players we have have to be near 100% to succeed. The PL years were built on character above ability.

What now?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just like everyone wanted... we still lost... Ricky still didnt look like scoring with the service he got.... Hooper was unlucky... but it''s personal against Hughton isn''t it?[/quote]

No! We did not play effective, attacking football and no it''s not personal against Hughton, idiot!  Why do you think it''s personal against Hughton?

Norwich manager''s win %''s -

Hughton - 32% - current manager

Lambert - 49% - walked

Gunn - 29% - sacked

Roeder - 31% - sacked

Grant - 34% - sacked

Worthington - 41% - sacked

Hamilton - 29% - sacked

Rioch - 32% - sacked

Hughton''s win % - 32%

No, it''s not personal Jas.  Not only is the football unbelievably dire to watch, tactics bemusing, we also aren''t getting the results. 

Even if we attacked like Barcelona and we weren''t getting the results Hughton''s job would be under threat.  It''s a results business or don''t you get that?[:^)]

Any fan with any sense can not apportion any blame on the current strikers, or the previous ones for that matter.  As I said on the match thread, if we had Barcelona''s front 6 we''d struggle to score with Hughton as manager.

I do believe that Hughton has such an ingrained fear of defeat which impacts massively on his tactics.  It is a massive detrimental weight hanging round his neck, which shows in how the team plays, the lack of confidence running through a team which Hughton seems unable to motivate or inspire.  It looks like Hughton is trying to get the players to play in a way which is so alien to them, so bewildering, stifling and confusing, we keep hearing comments about how the players are trying to adapt to the system.  It certainly can no longer be called a new system.  A system which Hughton believes is right and will stick to at all costs, take to his grave believing is right, even after results show otherwise and he has long since been sacked.

There doesn''t appear to be a plan b, never mind a plan c.  Merely a slight variation on plan a, where we try and get forward a bit more, but with that straight jacket still firmly on.

Yes we could ''attack'' all day like that, but we would not score many at all.  It is far too easy for defences, especially in the Premier League, to snuff out!

[:@][:@][:@]

I didnt think there was any differrence in our approach today to our other home games and i dont have a particular problem with it. I certainly preferred it to last week where we just wandered out with a little white flag at 3 o clock.

Personal with Hughton what bollloxx.

Yes, jas, I did prefer today over last week''s abortion although I''ve posted before that those last 15 min at Spurts was good. Just too little, too late. At least we looked like we wanted to be there today.

Hughton is incapable of executing attacking tactics. It''s just not in his blood. Sadly for us he doesn''t seem so sound at defensive tactics either. If he was he would of a) seen we needed another top class centre back or two and signed some and b) not keep picking Garrido.

As far as I can see Hughton''s attacking tactics involve absolutely no creative play or attacking threat down the centre of the pitch either.

I would much rather see Redmond sitting off a, or two, strikers. He looks the only one out there with the ability to create something, at pace.

yes, the players look confused as to what to do and the attack is, when it comes, predictable. There is no plan! No creativity, no spark of brilliance, just side play and back pedaling. It''s sad, because we have what could be a really exciting bunch of attacking players with plenty of goals hidden in them. Just the wrong strategy which instils absolutely no confidence in the players at all.

I don''t think it''s personal against Hughton at all, the opposite if anything, he''s such a nice and well respected bloke that it''s almost impossible to dislike him, I think the vast majority of fans really want to see him succeed, but I think it''s fair to say patience is beginning to wear thin.

He''s certainly got his strengths too, he is an excellent defensive coach and has undoubtedly got an excellent eye for a player, however he doesn''t seem to be able to get the best from our undoubtedly talented attacking players once we get into the final third. The movement and support offered to the man on the ball is poor and too often players are left isolated and with no options, you get the sense that we''ll only score from a set piece or from a piece of individual brilliance. We look disjointed and lacking any real sort of gameplan on how to break teams down.

We were better today than we have been and on another day we could have had a couple, Guzan made a couple of excellent saves, but then so did Ruddy. My major concern today was our deliveries, and that can''t really be attributed to Hughton. Snodgrass'' deliveries in particular were awful today, time and time again the ball was floated in towards Guzan with no pace on it and it was basically catching practice for him.

I''m not sure if a change of manager is really the best idea, maybe an addition or change to the coaching staff might be more beneficial.

Jas starts a thread saying it''s personal against Hughton while hammering RVW with every chance he gets.

I actually felt we played reasonably well today bar the delivery from wide which was woeful and being slack in the final third. Problem is if you basically hope to survive on home form because you don''t turn up to away matches you make every loss at home no matter how you perform a potential disaster. 

As for the suggestions about bringing in a new attacking coach that is not going to happen unless Hughton chooses to do it himself.

Jesus christ OP, this is one of the most simple, and most stupid posts i''ve seen. And this is the PinkUn. So it''s saying alot.

If this is us going out and attacking then lord help us for the season. How many aimless crosses to the back post for Guzman... Or corners too close to the keeper. How many times did Snodgrass hold onto the ball too long, trying to ghost into the box messi style, simply to allow the defence to get back and crowd us out?

No real quality and no real threat against statistically one of the worst defences around.

Team over haul for me at Stoke; PIlkington, hoolahan, tetty,Hooper and Olsson to start

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]just like everyone wanted...

we still lost...

Hooper was unlucky...

but it''s personal against Hughton isn''t it?[/quote]

You are clueless

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-09-21 6:46 PM:

just like everyone wanted...

we still lost...

Hooper was unlucky...

but it''s personal against Hughton isn''t it?

We attacked - but for Ruddy we would more than likely have been 2-0 down before the penalty! Snodgrass and Redmond were asked to play on their ''wrong side''. Each and every attacking ball from wide was 1) collected by their keeper or 2) cleared by their defence simply because the wingers cannot therefore cross with their natural foot! Elmander is a striker - he is no playmaker and has not played in the hole for Sweden, Bolton or Galatasary.! We are supposed to be better defensively, but at times you could have driven an articulated lorry through Bassong and Turner - look at the goal conceded! Martin and Garrido were poor, and when they dud get forward their delivery was poor. Yes we may have attacked but we created very little, and the stats indicate that. We have two strikers who scored for fun last season, just as Holt had the season before last. It is the attacking set up which is wrong, without decent delivery or ball to your strikers they will not score goals, and what Hughton lacks is actually using attacking players to their greatest strengths.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so we went out and attacked....[/quote]Poorly.It was like watching a pensioner without dentures trying to eat a plate of spare ribs.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus christ OP, this is one of the most simple, and most stupid posts i''ve seen. And this is the PinkUn. So it''s saying alot.[/quote]It''s "Jas the Barclay King".  You get used to his own brand of insight.