Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Russell Martin

[quote user="Herman "]What are you on about you idiot.[/quote]I''ve no idea either. He''s certainly talking like an idiot.Martin''s had a good second half.

Martin & Snodgrass combining to get past the last man (several times) was the best thing about our game, & looked our best chance of creating a goal.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Martin & Snodgrass combining to get past the last man (several times) was the best thing about our game, & looked our best chance of creating a goal.[/quote]I was surprised not to see Whittaker play at first, and disappointed as I saw it as an overly defensive move at home. But Martin surprised me with his attacking play. Just a real shame that no joy was got from it.

Martin just doesn''t give you enough going forward. Rarely does he find the right ball.

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]Thought Garrido and Russ both had good games. snodds seemed much improved from last few weeks. Fer was my MOTM if I had to choose one.

Are you blind or did you not watch the game!!!

The full backs were terrible, Martin is not good enough to play right back at this level,Olsson had to start instead of Garrido and Snoddy despite beating a few opponents failed miserably with almost every cross.

I thought he did reasonably well today, How anyone can think Snodgrass had a good game today is beyond me he''s there to send in good crosses not float the ball to Guzan''s arms every time. It wouldn''t be so bad if it didn''t seem like he had to dominate the taking of every set piece.

Have to agree here,can only remember 1 corner finding a Norwich head (when R Bennett headed over ) and Garrido''s cross which Hooper put over,thought most of the balls into the box were very poor Villa''s keeper caught most quite easily

For me, Cafu was man of the match. Looked the most likely to make something happen and played a couple of really good balls - one ball to Snoddy was absolute class just before Clark nearly scored an OG. Some players are not performing but Cafu is not one of them

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]For me, Cafu was man of the match. Looked the most likely to make something happen and played a couple of really good balls - one ball to Snoddy was absolute class just before Clark nearly scored an OG. Some players are not performing but Cafu is not one of them[/quote]was that the defence splitting pass from just outside the area ? if fer had done that we''d be going on about it for weeks (not dissing fer) it was class

Martin wasn''t great today... he did improve once the impressive Aghabonlahor went off the pitch.

The sight of him just standing with Fer watching the play as Ruddy made the save and Villa finally did score was embarrassing. He should have been rushing back to help out.

I do love Russ but he''s never going to be Beckham when it comes to delivering the ball when he gets forward.I think centre half is where he''s best, but he''s a good full back. I''d rather he performed his defensive duties well primarily, and he always does that.

Well who is a Beckham besides Beckham.  IMO Russ Martin is a bloody good full back and a damn good centre back, a world beater no but Chris Hughton and Gordon Strachan think he''s quite good, as does Paul Lambert who tried to take him to Villa last year, along with a few other Prem Managers who enquired.

Most of his distribution is spot on, very rarely miss places a pass and often sets the winger free, and do bear in mind it is Snoddy we are talking about.  IMO should have been made Captain and from what I hear so did 23 of the squad, which obviously tells you something, i.e. there are 23 prem players at NCFC who really rate the guy besides a number of established prem and international managers.

He goes about his business as a consummate professional, doesn''t make a fuss and gets on with it.  We are lucky to have such a positive dressing room influence and a player who can cover two positions

Why do so many posters focus on the negative?  If you look for the negative you will find and of course the reverse applies.. 

I guess some people get their kicks out of being negative and continually looking for it, personally I get mine out of being positive and seeking positivity but each to their own.  What I do know is that your circumstances and results in life are a merciless reflection of all your past choices, decisions and the nature of your thinking.

Someone like Naughton at right back? Boom. But yes, I think long-term we''ll be looking to get someone in that right-back position or Whittaker will take it